Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:32:25 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79
Author Topic: Recent theatrical viewings  (Read 619581 times)
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 04:13:14 AM »

...Fast & Furious

...awesome...  Wink

I'm suspicious myself - probably wait until the DVD release, and even then only when it's in a 3 for £10 offer or something like that.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »

Saw it for free so can't really go wrong there.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »

In the words of The Comic Book Guy:

"Fast and the Furious describes both the speed with which I attempted to leave the theater after the film's conclusion and the emotion I felt for paying full matinees price. Worst F & F film ever!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

Eh, the 2nd F&F film is the worst.

I wasn't aware that a Nissan Skyline could fly...;-)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

Caught it at the second run theater.  I think it goes on DVD next week.

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE: The life of a "slumdog" contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" is revealed in flashbacks revealing how he knew the answers to the show's increasingly difficult questions. Exceptional storytelling in what is ostensibly an old fashioned love story in an exotic setting, but it's also a savage indictment of contemporary Indian society: when a policeman kicks a young boy in the eye, he turns to an American couple and says, "You want to see the REAL India? This it it!" 4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »

Eh, the 2nd F&F film is the worst.

I wasn't aware that a Nissan Skyline could fly...;-)
If you think that ones bad did you ever see the third one?

Anyways I saw WATCHMEN recently I thought it was pretty good, although I wasn't a huge fan of the big naked blue guy.
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »

The 3rd is my favorite of the 4 films. Smile
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »

The 3rd is my favorite of the 4 films. Smile
Sorry I didn't mean to insult you. Its your opinion. I haven't seen the 2nd one for ages so Its probably a lot worse than I thought. All I truly remember from that film is the American muscle cars.
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »

No worries... I get a lot of flack for liking the 3rd one. I'm use to it.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »

...Fast & Furious

...awesome...  Wink

I'm suspicious myself - probably wait until the DVD release, and even then only when it's in a 3 for £10 offer or something like that.

Thumbup TeddyR Thumbup

Wag is great !!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jim H

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

I saw Crank 2.  Entertaining.  Whacky.  If you thought Crank was entertaining, it's basically the same movie only more extreme.  There's a huge King Kong VS Godzilla reference, which was cool.

Also saw Fast and Furious.  I thought it was entertaining.  Glad they managed to prominently stick in a Grand National, probably the last great American muscle car of its kind.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »

PHOEBE IN WONERLAND: A little girl cursed with an obsessive behavior disorder (which causes her to spit on her classmates, among other things) finds she can soothe her demons by acting in the school production of "Alice in Wonderland." This feelgood/ tearjerker drama has a very predictable narrative arc, but it's an actor's movie with great performances by Felicity Huffman, Bill Pullman, Patricia Clarkson, and especially young Elle Fanning, whose every bit as good as her sister.  Not my usual fare and I'm sure its not yours either, but a decent change of pace since nothing else interesting was playing, and I'd rather give me money to these guys than to another Hollywood dud.  3.5/5.

dean

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »

The Boat That Rocked:

British movie set in the 60s where rock n roll was only played for 45 mins on the radio and that's it.  The story is about a pirate radio station floating in a boat in the North Sea.  Is practically a who's who of British actors and to be honest I thought they'd all be competing for the limelight but I found this to be great light entertainment: some nice laughs, nice music and the occasional bare breast!  Thumbup

3.5/5.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »

GARN TORINO: A crusty, misanthropic and xenophobic Korean War vet becomes involved with his Hmong neighbors, which in turn leads him to clash with ethinic gangs in his Detroit neighborhood. A rare story of last-moment personal transformation that doesn't ring false, and a refutation by Eastwood of Dirty Harry's faith in the redemptive power of violence.  Thank goodness for the second run theater, I wouldn't have gone to see this for full price, but I'm glad I did, and I only paid $3!  4.5/5

MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Eh, not very good. Didn't like the way they crammed a boat load of X-men into the film. Also a lot of the special effects were pretty bad. This film deserved a better telling of Wolverines origin.... I blame that on the writing. However the directing was pretty bad as well... some pretty poorly staged sequences.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 79
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent theatrical viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.