Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:58:05 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies Made Up From Parts Of Other Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad Movies Made Up From Parts Of Other Bad Movies  (Read 3206 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« on: February 18, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »

I found one of those bad movies Frankenstein's monsters in a recent box set of films I got. The movie is called Night Train Of Terror AKA Shiver(1985) which has this subplot of God and Satan dividing up souls by viewing the owners lives via a window on an old steam engine train, also there is something about a pending wreck of the same train which happens to have a bad 80's band dressed like rejects from Flashdance.
However each of the segments that are shown are capsulized versions of other bad movies. Those are :
Scream Your Head Off AKA Marilyn Is Alive And Behind Bars (don't let fact that the completed version was not released until 1992 throw you off. The incomplete version was folded into this.)

Death Wish Club

Cataclysm

These were bad enough on their own but cut up and put in another film makes them even worse.
So after seeing this, I got to wondering if any more films were like this. So speak up if you know of them. Even feel free list films that had a few short stories to make up the whole film that seemed like they were made from gutting other bad movies.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »

A bad movie made of other bad movies?  Well that's tough.  However, Eight Legged Freaks would be a good example.  It combines every cliché in the book for a monster, animal, or giant insect movie while taking things from other movies, like Mosquito and Dawn of the Dead (It's a good movie, I know, but still).  It's a pretty good example of being what I like to call a "recycled movie".

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:00:31 PM »

well there are sequels to bad movies that use the previous movie heavily.  boogeyman 2
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »

Planet Patrol - A bland Power-Rangers style concoction made from (fairly well-integrated) clips from other Full Moon flims!

Spookies - Famous for apparently being "a fun haunted-house picture", until a sorceror subplot was edited in to finish it... I myself really dug Kreon! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »

A bad movie made from recycled bits of other bad movies?  This sounds like an wl-cheapo idea Roger Corman would love!  And of course, he did: HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD (1976).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dave M
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

Every Tarantino movie. It's like the Chris Farley Show. Remember that one part in that one kung fu movie? That was awsome! Remember that part of that one move where you could see that chicks bewbs? That was awsome! Remember that commercial where the leprochaun says "They're trying to get me lucky charms?" That was awsome! Let's just re-film all of those and string them together in no particular order.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »

A bad movie made from recycled bits of other bad movies?  This sounds like an el-cheapo idea Roger Corman would love!  And of course, he did: HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD (1976).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
MST3KFan
Dedicated Viewer

Watches too many bad movies

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »

Raptor.

Not only is a bad dinosaur movie, but all it's dinosaur attack scenes are taken from the Carnosaur movies. So of course, the plot of Raptor basically combines the elements of all three Carnosaur movies and tries to make it seem like they make sense together. One of the more amusing scenes is the evil WHITE scientist whom created the dinosaurs turns BLACK when he gets eaten because the scenes ripped from Carnosaur has a black man getting eaten.

"And a noble race dies out...sometimes. This LOSER race though will not be missed." -Crow T Robot, MST3K "Prince of Space"
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 02:33:49 AM »

Most of the Godfrey Ho/Joseph Lai ninja films are 80-90% footage from Thai or Chinese films subbed over with new shots (many of Richard Harrison) thrown in occasionally to try to make whatever random movie it was (such as a movie about a modeling agency) now about ninjas.

frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:41 AM »

"Voyage to the planet of the prehistoric women" (1968) is basically an edited version of "Voyage to the prehistoric planet" (1965) is basically an edited and dubbed version of "Planeta Bur" (1962).

Somewhere along the line a few scenes featuring Basil Rathbone (among others) were added. I think besides that nothing much was changed...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 06:39:59 AM »

HORROR of the BLOOD MONSTERS is Al Adamson's patchwork film made up of mostly scenes from a old Philipino film. His CREATURE WITH the ATOM BRAIN is made up with his lost PSYCHO A GO GO.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cthulhu

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »

Silent night, deadly night 2.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

Most of the work of Jerry Warren.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »

*cough* Troma!  BounceGiggle

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »

The Indian "Superman" movie uses all the good special effects shots from "Superman," then intercuts them with lots of regular Bollywood goofiness.  You see the Indian actor holding what looks like a clear marital aid, then Christopher Reeve throwing the crystal out onto the ice to create his fortress of solitude.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movies Made Up From Parts Of Other Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.