Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:01:31 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've been able not to think about it until now. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I've been able not to think about it until now.  (Read 14180 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »

Yeah, getting older sucks in some respects.  I'm turning 34 in March.

What's funny is that in the 90's it was fun for a lot of people to trash the 80's but time has been kind to a lot of the music and movies especially of the decade of excess.  The 90's really were just extremely boring for the most part.

I think that the 80 will be eventually looked back on as the last truly memorable decade that had some kind of identity.

The 00's are so dull make the 90's look like like style heaven. At least the fashions and music were cool early to mid ninties (Tank Girl).
This decade is easily the most boring.
 Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:39:22 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

And kids telly is rubbish these days.

No Real Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Thundercats.

I feel sorry for 'em.

That's why they're so screwed up.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:46:33 AM by doggett » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »

Here's me after I just stepped out of my DeLorean Time Machine...

(Yeah you can laugh, go ahead... BounceGiggle)

Wow...I gotta give you karma just for having the juevos to walk around in public in that get up!  Thumbup You are definitly a classic!   Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Susan
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »

What I remember about 1984 and 85, which was before i was into metal and all that:

Hot summer, listening to  "Let's Dance" by Bowie on my JAMBOX. If I heard a song I liked I would tape it. I used to create tons of mix tapes. I wore bad fashion like pink velcro shoes and neon shirts with the big plastic bracelets or the slinky bracelets. I even had a thermal shirt that changed colors with body heat. (Don't wear that in gym class) We had cable but back then it was pretty much just HBO, MTV and a couple other stations. the HBO movie premiere would come on and i'd watch the intro all excited wondering what movie would be coming on because we never had a tv guide and the tv never told us what was going to play. Saturday night i was into WCCW so i could watch the von erichs wrestle from 10-12am. Going to the MALL was the best place for teens to hang out, and we'd get dropped off there all day and hang out at the arcade or boy watch. Went to see Gremlins. Remember shows like Family Ties and Knight Rider. Eating Tombstone pizza was a treat, there wasn't much to choose from in frozen food back then outside of Hungry man.

"Aligator" came on tv and I was so psyched to see it, my brother of course went outside and shut down power to the house to p**s me off. He also used to disable the doorbell so i couldn't hear my friends ringing the bell.  I loved Apple Fruit roll-ups which they don't sell anymore and pudding pops. We ate Mortons frozen donuts for breakfast, "Where's the beef" was on everyones tongue and "omg gag me with a spoon", totally grody and barf me out. We all made fun of the valleygirl talk. Watched LIVE AID on tv and loved Queen (i still do). Would have slumber parties where we'd dress up and crimp our hair and listen to cindy lauper. Station signoff still went on, but i can't remember if HBO went on all night in the early days. We'd watch MTV tho, get all excited for the video world premiere. Going roller skating at Skateland with all the disco lights flashing as "Thriller played". I usually sat out that song because i refused to like Michael Jackson.  I still have my stuffed animal Ewok my uncle bought me when I was too old for stuffed animals.  Passed a Mad Lib around in class, Ronald reagan was forever in office and we made fun of him all the time because he was going senile. The russians were still our enemies but the movies were trying to make them our friends. Crack was new and everyone thought AIDS was a gay disease (talk about the biggest lie and an even bigger mistake for the public health officials and reagan administration that never talked about it) Social classes never seemed as divided. There were the rich yuppies and then everyone else. The have and have nots, the preps and the geeks, the freaks and the ropers, the skaters and the punks and the new wavers and of course the posers

Small | Large

Small | Large

What i loved about LIVE AID is with all the stars, nobody expected s**t from Queen. They weren't huge in the music scene as much as the late 70's.  Freddy knew he had the worlds attention, the whole world was watching LIVE in front of a huge crowd and he truly fed off of that energy. Freddy went out there and kicked everyones ass
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:28:22 AM by Susan » Logged
Doggett

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »

Susan, your clip reminds me of Perversions of Science  TeddyR

Small | Large

Susan
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »

doggett, looks like they intentionally ripped off the HBO themes (there were a couple during that time) and instead of going to outspace they go to inner space.

the HBO theme tho was the bomb, i used to get SO excited when it came on with my bowl of popcorn i could hardly contain myself. I didn't care if the movie sucked, because back then you are watching a fairly recent movie free on your tv! No going to the video store for your vhs or beta rental
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 04:17:57 PM »

I remember watching that HBO intro.
It did make you excited to see the movie.   Smile
They changed it 4-5 times throughout the 80's, but it essentially remained the same.

I have a lot of memories from the 1980's and many of them are very vivid.  Though I seem to remember more from the second half of the 80's than the first half.

I especially remember when I was first exposed to hard rock & metal.

I borrowed Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" from a friend and it was all over.  I became a huge metalhead after that.  My tastes started out with Ratt, Twisted Sister, Poison, Warrant etc...and then progressed into harder and harder stuff.
I still like the 80's hair bands and it's still awesome to crank up a hair metal song while cruising in the car with the windows down.   Thumbup
That was what defined the 80's the most for me...
The music.

Since we're sharing pictures, here's me in 1980 when I was 6 years old.
(see the date at the top left corner)

The two Filipino girls are Grace (far left) & Maria. (far right) The other girl is their cousin Dawn.
Grace & Maria lived up the street from me.  Grace & Dawn are 2 years older than Maria and I, who are two months apart.
In this pic, we had gathered at a local park to participate in the MNB Bike Races.
(notice our shirts are all the same)

And here's another from when I was in Jr. High School.
I was in a play called "Hiding Mr. Hale" and it was set during Revolutionary War times in a one-room schoolhouse.
See the two boys in the front row wearing white?
I'm the one on the right. 
And that's Maria to the left in the pink dress. (2nd from left, front row)

Yeah, I didn't hit puberty until I was almost 15 years old.   TongueOut

I have lots of great memories from the 80's.
That era had a certain feel to it that hasn't been duplicated.
And I agree about how this decade hasn't seemed to offer anything really memorable.
But who knows?  Maybe 20 years from now we'll look back at these years fondly.
Hindsight really is 20-20.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:33:00 PM by Ash » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »

The 80s are now a minimum of 20 years ago.   Bluesad
I thought that 20 yrs ago about the '60s...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Javakoala
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

Me and my Dad in Lawton on Christmas...circa 1985...

When you say Lawton, do you mean Lawton, Oklahoma?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »

He's a Michigan man... TeddyR

Susan
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »

ya'lls pics are nothing compared to what i got. I have shots of me with the biggest hair you ever saw on a human head...lol
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »

ya'lls pics are nothing compared to what i got. I have shots of me with the biggest hair you ever saw on a human head...lol

I want to see!  Smile

Susan
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

I want to see!  Smile

This was 1988, before i bought my leather coat and stared wearing fishnet stockings. Yeah - it was a bad "haira" for me. The year prior I was wearing my hair flat. The year prior to that i was feathering..lol But the funny thing is a ton of girls used to ask if I could cut or style their hair for them because nobody could seem to fathom how i got mine so damn big. I think i wanted to outdo all the rockers

so if we're having a bad  80's photo contest.... I win

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:56:19 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »

If you want to see 80s street cred...check this out... some you may have seen....most you want to forget about...TeddyR

Those are Voltron PJs...

THE POWER OF THE WAH-YAH!  Plus Epcot shirt from the 80s

Smurf mobile...cuz thats how I roll...

Clowns...that isn't Circus by the way...but note the Pacman outfit...

That is a Britny Fox tape...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »

Marry me!  Smile
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:57:48 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've been able not to think about it until now. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.