Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:58:10 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Christian Bale flips out « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Christian Bale flips out  (Read 6636 times)
Susan
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »

wth? Christian bale flips out on the set of T4 at one of the lighting crew

Someone needs anger management class. if i talked like that to anyone at my work my butt would be fired. The problem is bale things the entire thing is about him. Everyones job on the set is important, not just the actors. The lighting, audio, camera, it all pieces togehter to make a movie.

Warning:  profanity (not suitable for playing at work so don't)

Small | Large

Ok, on to the funny,

Check out youtube - this audio has become a sensation with all the remixes.
 Drink
Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:31:28 PM by Susan » Logged
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »

I heard this the other day...the guy sounds like a diva nut job. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »

The internet is, above all, filled with unforgiving nerds with remixing and photochopping talents, who have lots of time on their hands to mash up your indiscretions and publish them across the world.

And bless them for that.  =)
Susan
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »

diva not sure about - he's got some issues. Seems i remember him in some physical fight with his sister and mother at a hotel last year. I think if he wins any oscars they need to play this audio instead of a song as he goes up to accept

This remixes..LOL
Definately, god bless the geeks who edit this stuff, it's hillarious
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »

I mean I can understand where someone walking around in the background can be annoying to an actor.  When I used to work in radio I'd get p**sed when someone distracted me.  Never enough to go on a 3 minute vulgarity filled tirade though. 

Side note, on the remix they totally wasted potential of the original clip at :32 where Bale goes "Ta-da-da-da-da-da".   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:31:40 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

Susan
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »

I mean I can understand where someone walking around in the background can be annoying to an actor.  When I used to work in radio I'd get p**sed when someone distracted me.  Never enough to go on a 3 minute vulgarity filled tirade though. 

Side note, on the remix they totally wasted potential of the original clip at :32 where Bale goes "Ta-da-da-da-da-da".   BounceGiggle

I agree, there's a level of respect you give people in how you talk to them. Christian Bale seems to go on about being "professional". But he's on the set at work, not in a bar, is his behavior very professional? You can hear at one point he's trying to charge the guy and is probably being held back. He starts yelling at other people on th set telling them to shut up, probably the director or assistant directors.

No wonder it's so expensive to go to movies. We're footing the bill because of overbudgeted movies, which actors monstrous salaries are part of the problem.  I feel for the lighting guy - he probably doesn't get paid sh*t and on top of that likely doesn't even have any benefits. And he has to put up with diva method actors
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:38:54 PM by Susan » Logged
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »

Looks like Bale was behind the scenes of another famous flip out...
NSFW
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm

Susan
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:25:54 PM »

lol

Ok you guys thought the 'da da da da da' was wasted on the remix?

Merry xmas...

Small | Large
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »

lmao!

I can't wait until someone puts this rant into a soundboard and prank phone calls are made. 

EDIT
my plea was answered earlier than i thought...
http://www.ugo.com/movies/christian-bale-soundboard/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:39:21 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

Torgo

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 10:50:41 PM »

I had initially posted a "Christian Bale comes across as an @ssole" comment but after doing some researching around apparently this DP was doing a big no no which is trying to adjust lights during a scenes.  True lighting pros do their adjustments before and after a scene, not during which could affect an actor's performance on a huge budget movie.

Did Christian go overboard?  Could have, but we weren't there and aren't getting the whole complete story here. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Susan
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

I don't need a complete story. The set is nothing more than a job, it's work.

I can think of a million high stress situations at work i've been through and even if someone fumbled the ball or royally screwed up or put their foot in their mouth, NOBODY reacted this way. There's a certain level of professionalism you have to maintain when you deal with "problematic situations"

you can't just stomp your feet and turn into joan crawford
akiratubo

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »

Whatever the DP was doing, nothing excuses Bale threatening him with violence.  I also don't see how Bale's temper tantrum could be less disruptive to the filming than whatever the DP was doing.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »

agreed.  And it is VERY annoying that he can get away with that sort of thing and not get fired.  this is not how you handle situations.  I'm a musician (almost as bad as ana actor), and I've only ever blown up at someone once, and I was low on sleep, high on stress (we were about to go out), and the only thing I did was shout "dang it!" at the top of my voice and slam a bundle of music down.  How anyone could go on a rampage like this is beyond me.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Susan
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 07:37:22 AM »

I think another thing that should be considered here is that the actors are not "in charge". They are paid (albiet too much) to be hired for that job. The people in charge on the set are the director and producers. If you have a problem you let them deal with it. Bale clearly thinks he's in charge and everything revolves around him that he takes the matter into his own hands and starts acting high and mighty.

I love when i see high paid actors get on stage and thank the crew and all the crap paid jobs on set because they recognize them as people who work just as hard to make that film work. So they are co-workers, they are not your slaves

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

Buggedout Yikes, this is a serious flip-out indeed.

It reminds me of the tantrums that John Moore threw on the set of The Flight Of The Phoenix in Southern Africa ~ those were scary, but this is plain disturbing.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Christian Bale flips out « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.