Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:28:48 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Don't Watch While Eating « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Don't Watch While Eating  (Read 6523 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: February 09, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »

Many of us like to watch movies while we eat.  I do it all the time.   Smile
I love sitting on the couch with my plate of food on the coffee table in front of me, totally engrossed in a flick while chowing down.
But there are some films out there that simply should not be watched while eating.

I remember years ago when I was in high school.  My step-brother & I rented the original Faces of Death.  We had just taken a couple of pizzas out of the oven and he & I sat down to watch it.  Each of us had 2-3 slices on our plates.
After about 20 minutes, neither of us could eat anymore.
Matter of fact, neither of us ate pizza for a long time after that because we were so grossed out.

How about you?
Know of any movies that should not be watched while eating?

Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »

Pretty much, just the Faces of Death movies and the clones.  I don't feel right enjoying myself while watching real people die. And, yes, I know the Faces of Death flicks were about 90% fake, but Traces of Death and Executions weren't.

And Cannibal Holocaust.  I was watching it and eating something, but when they killed the turtle to eat it, I lost interest in eating anything as well as the movie and shut the thing off.

Oh, and Nekromantik.  It has such a dire tone that I feel the urge to punish myself by not having anything like chips and salsa while watching it.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »

Feed

Of course, that movie shouldn't be watched under any circumstances. It's not good.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:42:06 AM »

I have never found a film that made me where I couldn't eat and yeah, I watched all those Faces of Death films and their clones. Sure my friends would be grossed out but it never bothered me. Dunno why, maybe I can separate myself from it or maybe I am that immune to the site of gore.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:03:04 AM »

I have never found a film that made me where I couldn't eat and yeah, I watched all those Faces of Death films and their clones. Sure my friends would be grossed out but it never bothered me. Dunno why, maybe I can separate myself from it or maybe I am that immune to the site of gore.

Try SQUIRM FEST. I tried to watch this on a bet.... I lost. In one part this woman eats live maggots,takes a dump,which is crawling with said maggots,and eats it AGAIN! Then she gags and pukes it all up....and eats it AGAIN. And thats just one example of this absolute dire waste of video tape. Ugh. Worst part-it's all REAL. (supposedly). Real or not...waaaaaaay to sick for me.  Ugh.   Bluesad

DEATH SCENES 2,unlike much of the stuff in FACES of DEATH...is real. FACES of DEATH is mostly fake. But the ending of DS 2 is a shot of an aborted fetus . Not my idea of entertainment. Also included in this soul crushing tape is a goverment official Bud Dwyer, sticking the barrel of a BIG handgun in his mouth and blowing his head off. Also those nasty drunk driving scare movies they used to show in High School,photos of corpse from them  Mexican newspapers (the migrants at work read them  things all the time...ugh.),and more junk. Tara Sue caught her son and buddy watching this one day about 3 years ago. She ejected the tape and stomped it to pieces.  I'm glad she did.

On the other hand...even the worst Italian zombie fests don't affect my appetite. I get more upset with stuff like the rape scene in I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE,or the baby hit by a semi in PET SEMETARY.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:18:45 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout

The first two minutes of Mathieu Kassovitz's The Crimson Rivers ~ my review is on here and you can see why.

The camera pans over something, there's a lot of bugs and other assorted creepie crawlies running around and then you realize that the camera is panning over a mutilated corpse.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:00:16 AM »

Feed

Of course, that movie shouldn't be watched under any circumstances. It's not good.

I agree you with this one. I thought the movie was made just to annoy me.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »

sleeping dog lies

let me die a woman
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »

I can watch just about anything without getting sick in the stomach.  However, the lunch scene in Dead Alive where the mother shoots out puss into that guy's custards and he eats it...well that turned my stomach a bit.  That and the part where she eats her ear.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »

"Cannibal Ferox" and "Hell Of The Living Dead"

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

Kissed.

It's the only film that has made me feel physically ill...
I'm getting nauseous thinking of it.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »

let me die a woman

The sex change operation in SHOCKING ASIA is nausiating as well!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »

I did find one film on the net that I knew I couldn't eat while watching. Won't say what it is but it involves a couple of girls and a plastic drinking receptacle.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »

I did find one film on the net that I knew I couldn't eat while watching. Won't say what it is but it involves a couple of girls and a plastic drinking receptacle.

Yew.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »

Man, I'm hoping for a 2-disc director's cut on that one.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Don't Watch While Eating « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.