Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:14:20 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Axe aka Lisa Lisa (1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Axe aka Lisa Lisa (1977)  (Read 9992 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:51 AM »

Anybody know where I can get this on dvd? Something Weird had it but they don't have it anymore and I don't want to get it off eBay - it's way to pricey.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »

I have the Something Weird version.  They don't carry it anymore because it's from Harry Novak's Boxoffice International and Something Weird ended its business arrangement with Harry Novak a few months ago (Something Weird was pushing his DVDs on their website right up until the last minute!)  Amazon has a few copies in the $21 - $24 range.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »

Amazon has a few copies in the $21 - $24 range.

I don't have a credit card, so Amazon is a no-no.  Bluesad

edit: It's on eBay one goes for a bit over $30 another one is $70 (used). I don't really know if the movie is worth the $30 for this "drive-in classic" (as it's described), but I'm definately not paying $70 for it. I've seen a few screenshots and I must say that the girl playing Lisa is HOT though!  Smile
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:44:06 PM by voltron » Logged

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
thetoxicone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »

I don't have a credit card, so Amazon is a no-no.  Bluesad

go to any store with a gift card section and buy an amazon gift card
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »

I don't really know if the movie is worth the $30 for this "drive-in classic" (as it's described), but I'm definately not paying $70 for it. I've seen a few screenshots and I must say that the girl playing Lisa is HOT though!  Smile

It's not a very good movie, so I wouldn't recommend spending $30 on it.  The DVD also has a second feature on it (at least mine does).  It's a cheapo called THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »

It's not a very good movie, so I wouldn't recommend spending $30 on it.  The DVD also has a second feature on it (at least mine does).  It's a cheapo called THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.
Really? It sounds pretty cool for an early slasher/ rape-revenge flick. Bleeding Skull did a positive review of it.Then again, if they like it it's probably HORRID.  Smile
btw, how is The Electric Chair?

The Burgomaster

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:52:45 AM »

Really? It sounds pretty cool for an early slasher/ rape-revenge flick. Bleeding Skull did a positive review of it.Then again, if they like it it's probably HORRID.  Smile
btw, how is The Electric Chair?

I am a big fan of 1970s drive-in movies and AXE is not among my favorites.  THE ELECTRIC CHAIR is one of those regionally-produced movies that probably got a very limited release in a handful of states.  I watched it several years ago and don't remember much about it other than it has some courtroom scenes and more than one detailed electric chair execution.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:55:05 AM »

Here are my comments about THE ELECTRIC CHAIR from back in 2005:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,93357.0.html

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

As has been the case lately I disagree strongly with Burgomaster. This is a nice southern drive in horror movie. drive in =mostly pg.  I might wait till it became more easily and cheaply available.

Why did SWV stop selling boxoffice international stuff? I can't think of too many of their releases that WEREN'T Harry Novak ones.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »

As has been the case lately I disagree strongly with Burgomaster. This is a nice southern drive in horror movie. drive in =mostly pg.  I might wait till it became more easily and cheaply available.

Why did SWV stop selling boxoffice international stuff? I can't think of too many of their releases that WEREN'T Harry Novak ones.

I don't know.  A few months ago they issued an annoucement that their business relationship with Harry Novak would be ending soon and they encouraged customers to order Harry Novak movies before it was too late.  Don't worry, they still have plenty of movies from David F. Friedman and other shlock masters.

Skull
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »

Anybody know where I can get this on dvd? Something Weird had it but they don't have it anymore and I don't want to get it off eBay - it's way to pricey.

Seen the movie thru Netflix...

Actually if your into Quentin Tarantino movies then it might be a worth film to pick up (no matter the price) because you see hints of Pulp Fiction and From Dusk to Dawn in this movie... I'm not sure if Quentin Tarantino has mention Axe...

Small | Large
voltron

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »

Just watched a PAL copy on my pc and it would have been amazing despite the crappy ending.

Skull
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 08:06:49 AM »

Just watched a PAL copy on my pc and it would have been amazing despite the crappy ending.

Most of these stories have 'crappy endings' but I'm still amazed by how much material Quentin Tarantino took from this movie :)
voltron

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »

Here's what I didn't like the ending:

SPOILERS:

OK, the cops shoot the "good" guy while Lise is upstairs feeding her grandfather. There's still two bodies left in the house but the film stops there with no resolution. My question is : what happened to Lisa afterwards? Despite this I think the movie is AWESOME and deserves to be in the "good movie" section were it not for that annoying ending.

javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 06:30:39 PM »

I prefer to think of the film as more of a "who is the real monster" kind of thing.

You are given a couple of very minor glimpses into Lisa's mind that suggests something isn't right about her life and the relationship with Grandpa, and I don't mean sex.

Then you have the robbers. One is cruel, one is professional but a perv, and one seems like a decent fellow. Keep in mind they are all part of a crime, so none of them are truly innocent.

Also, Lisa's mind seems to be mostly gone, and she just shuffles through the day getting whatever has to be taken care of done. Regardless of the outcome, she is gonna need some serious help reconnecting with life and humanity.

While all of those things would make for an interesting follow-up film, what we have is just two sets of reality clashing in this film. Once that set up is played out, there is no point in continuing the story, hence the ending that can leave some viewers hanging.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Axe aka Lisa Lisa (1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.