Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:45:31 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shocker! Resident Evil sucks! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Shocker! Resident Evil sucks!  (Read 1988 times)
J.R.
« on: March 18, 2002, 02:52:26 AM »

Saw RE today. The stench eminating from the screen has yet to come off. Paul Anderson has done it again. He's taken bits of Alien, Day Of The Dead and The Matrix, thrown them together with a piece of used toilet peper he calls a script and proven how thoroughly inept Hollywood is at making a good zombie flick.
Neville
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 06:20:12 AM »

While Paul Anderson is responsible of the real stinker "Mortal Kombat", I really enjoyed "Event Horizon", and the first minutes of "Soldier" were quite good, before everything went to hell. What i mean is that I expect RE to be at least decent, that I more or less trust PA and that I will wait until the movie hits the screens in Europe before making further comments.

PD: Did you had a good laugh at least?
The Honn
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 12:25:12 PM »

Is that really such a shocker?
J.R.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 03:51:59 PM »

Yeah, when Milla kicks thaqt dog in the face it's really funny.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2002, 04:15:36 PM »

I thought it was fun to watch. But it was bad in a fun to watch and make fun of way. Kind of.

Way to rip off cube Paul Anderson!

-Dan
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2002, 05:53:26 PM »

But, that's me talking like always. Paul Anderson may have made some good movies (I say that loosely, by the way), but RESIDENT EVIL is not one of them.

Hollywood as screwed up once again. If George Romero was able to have more creative control on RESIDENT EVIL, then it would be better in a good way. Or Peter Jackson and his great morbid sense of humor would have made it look good too! But Anderson and Hollywood have alot more to learn when it comes to making a video game into a film and a straightforward horror/sci-fi vehicle at the same time. Romero and Jackson, if you are reading this PLEASE SAVE US FROM THE UNGODLY AND HORRIFYING ATTEMPTS OF HOLLYWOOD FROM MAKING A REAL HORROR FILM.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2002, 08:21:03 PM »

Somehow I doubt Romero or Jackson are reading anything at this board lol

-Dan
Future Blob
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2002, 09:16:09 PM »

Actually I liked RE a lot, and I\'m really looking forward to the sequel. I was hoping they wouldn\'t take too much from the game, considering there really isn\'t that much to take anyway. I didn\'t expect the next \"horror classic\" anyway. I was well entertained.

Diffirent strokes for diffirent folks, I guess
Chris K.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2002, 10:16:58 PM »

Well, it's not like I am saying that George Romero and Peter Jackson are REALLY reading this message board. Although their are times I wish they were so they can get the message that they are the true saviors of original cinema. Oh well.
Stefan Robak
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2002, 11:33:54 PM »

While it ain't saying a lot it's actually one of the better video game-based movies.  Anyone think that the number of "False scare" where higher than the number of actually scares.  False "Scares" should be used on a movie at maximum.  And only if there are real scares in the movie.
Brock
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2002, 11:46:04 PM »

I think people were looking to hate this movie.  Seriously, isn't it enough that zombie movies are still being made?

I read in the latest Entertainment Weekly that Anderson said that he's totally prepared to do a sequel and as soon as he sees this morning's grosses, he's going to get to work writing one...assuming it does well, which it did.  So I'm guessing that the next one will be even cooler, after seeing the set up at the end of #1...
Chadzilla
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2002, 11:57:56 PM »

just post over at georgearomero.com, he does Q & A sessions there every now and then, when his schedule permits.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2002, 07:44:11 AM »

Actually, call me crazy, but the Super Mario Bros. movie has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Sure, it's incredibly stupid, and it shamelessly rips off Buckaroo Banzai, of all things, but any movie in which Dennis Hopper turns Mojo Nixon into an 8-foot-tall lizard-man while a slime-covered Bob Hoskins looks on can't be all bad.
ThatShucks
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2002, 09:40:00 PM »

Yeah, me and the wife saw this one on Saturday and we liked it okay. I mean really, how many movies like this are made anymore? I got so sick of that Scream crap I wanted to puke.

I liked the effects with the monsters - they may not win any awards, but that guy with the ankle was pretty sick, you could hear it crunching when he walked!

While the wife is a fan of the video games, she was ready to throw something at the screen for every time Milla found out something cool, kicked a lot of ass and heard some annoying, pulsing techno-crap for about 30 seconds after the fights were already over!

Looks like Paul Anderson used this one to test the waters, hopefully he'll get more money for the next movie. Bring on the Hunters, they were scarier anyway.
Don't believe it? Try playing the first RE all the way through with no memory card, you'll remember fear....
8bit Geisha
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2002, 12:54:46 AM »

I think it's great that PA went for the R rating and didn't try to tone it down to get the kiddies(who we knew are going to see it anyways) in. In fact he had to cut something like 20 minutes out to keep from being NC-17 leaving a film that is virtually goreless but still full of cool moments. Can't wait to see all the splatter on the DVD! Go RE2!!!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shocker! Resident Evil sucks! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.