Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:46:37 PM
714417 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  No more haircuts. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: No more haircuts.  (Read 11832 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:43 AM »

I have decided I am never going to cut my hair ever again. I think I'm weirding out. I dunno. My hair has been short since Tara convinced me to cut it some time back, But I think I'm never going to cut it ever again now. I dunno why I'm posting this.

Right now my hair looks like Dwight Frye's.

Small | Large

Mebbe it's some kinda mid life thing...or mebbe I'm just losing it...mebbe a little of both.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:29:02 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »

I haven't cut my hair for three years.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

This thread needs a soundtrack...
Small | Large

I give you long haired dudes credit.  I tried growing mine out a few years back.  My hair grows a bit poofy and the in between stage makes me look like a Wookie.  Hence my tight, short haircut which I usually cut myself. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:09:50 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:30:15 AM »

I gave up on the long hair look a while back. Mostly because when I have long hair with my beard, I look way too much like an extra from Caveman.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:14:55 PM »

This thread needs a soundtrack...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCDoKsXjP0
I give you long haired dudes credit.  I tried growing mine out a few years back.  My hair grows a bit poofy and the in between stage makes me look like a Wookie.  Hence my tight, short haircut which I usually cut myself. 

My home is obsessivly immaculate. A place for everything and everyting inna place. You wouldn't know that by my typing skills or my hobo appearence. I'm a Norman Bates kinda guy,I guess.... Twirling

I usta have long hair...and I have to cut my hair myself since Tara left...and I suck at it. So f*ck it. One more chore eliminated. I need to free myself of all this societal "do's". Yup....I think I'm losing it. Ok. Awright.Fuggit.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »

Haven't had a haircut in years myself. Wink

Actually, I did do long hair for a couple of years, around 1990 or so. Not so much long hair, but a fairly impressive mullet, which went well with the scraggly mustache, tinted aviator glasses and cowboy boots.

I always had the problem of hair wanting to grow out more than down, so long hair never suited me. Don't know what it would do now. Last time I grew it out far enough to actually assess the situation (half an inch), I confirmed a rapidly expanding hole in the ozone, so to speak.

The only things I don't like about guys wearing long hair is that a lot of them don't think they need to do any maintenance. Women wash, condition, brush and trim the ends of their long hair fairly diligently. A lot of guys walk around with a greasy mop hastily tied in a ponytail.

The other peeve - grow your hair as long as you want, but for God's sake, keep your neck hair trimmed. Women don't need to do this, for obvious reasons, but I've seen too many guys walking around with fancy clothes and a neat ponytail, but sporting an unsightly mass of unruly neck fuzz.

Guys just don't want to do the same amount of maintenance as women. That's just my opinion. Anybody who wants long hair should be prepared to take proper care of it.

Me, I'll stick with bald. Simple, clean, and requiring very basic daily maintenance.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:36:32 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »

Well,Andy,I don't have a problem with neck hair. In fact....I have a veryweird unhairy kinda biology. I just wanna grow my hair back. Right now my head looks like Dwight Fryes in the VAMPIRE BAT. Not a good look. On top of that I'm a geek. I dunno. I 'm just sick of cutting my hair. I dunno why I wanna grow it back. I think it has to do with me needing to get laid.... Lookingup I got laid more when my hair was long....some women like freaks.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

I heard a comic say once that he's convinced that you don't lose hair.  Rather it gets sucked out to other places on your body as you get older.  I'm beginning to believe it. 

I used to shave my head clean back in the day.  It was wonderfully low maintenance and the chicks dug it.  So I guess its either all or nothing if everyone's hair experience matches mine and RC's.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »

I heard a comic say once that he's convinced that you don't lose hair.  Rather it gets sucked out to other places on your body as you get older.  I'm beginning to believe it. 

I used to shave my head clean back in the day.  It was wonderfully low maintenance and the chicks dug it.  So I guess its either all or nothing if everyone's hair experience matches mine and RC's.   BounceGiggle

Girls are weird. I like them VERY weird. Long hair attracts weird girls. Weird is good.  Twirling

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 02:27:02 PM »

Being Bald,like Andy C pointed out, is so simple and neat. I'm a simple person. Its works out.  Thumbup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

I haven't cut my back hair for many years.

Head hair, it's minimal and I'm not doing a Riff Raff.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »

I hate to get haircuts.  It's a useless chore and I always put it off for too long just because I have better things to do with my time.  Plus, I hate making small talk with barbers.  But I'm not swearing off haircuts just yet.  After I graduated high school, I didn't cut my hair for a year.  It actually looked horrible; my hair didn't grow down so much as out.  It would reach my collar and then curl back upwards, making it look like I was covering up a big bulging tumor on the back of my head. 

Now, I'll let my hair grow relatively long (but not until it gets unwieldy and bushy) and then I'll cut it very short.  So, I can have two very different hairstyles, depending on whether you catch my just after I've cut it or just before.

You bald guys are so lucky.   Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »

Just don't turn out like this, RC:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:15:31 PM by Ash » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:29 PM »

Small | Large

My girlfriend likes my long hair  Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »

Just don't turn out like this, RC:

Well...at 5'2"I am all about short!  BounceGiggle

But I don't think of myself as short...I think other people are tall.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  No more haircuts. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.