Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:13:57 PM
714491 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Glasses « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you wear glasses?
Yes - 16 (69.6%)
No - 3 (13%)
No...but I need them - 2 (8.7%)
No...I wear contacts - 2 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bad Glasses  (Read 7131 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »

No. I have perfect eyesight. I can see through walls.  TeddyR

Cool, can you control it, or if you walk into a public restroom, are you forced to see that fat guy taking a dump from through the stall door? What about looking at women: Can you look just through their shirt and not their skin, or do their boobies just look like a bunch of glands and veins and stuff?

Or...
He looks at a huge heavyset trucker guy and sees him wearing naughty Victoria's Secret lingerie underneath his clothes.    Buggedout
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 01:37:06 AM »

No. I have perfect eyesight. I can see through walls.  TeddyR

Cool, can you control it, or if you walk into a public restroom, are you forced to see that fat guy taking a dump from through the stall door? What about looking at women: Can you look just through their shirt and not their skin, or do their boobies just look like a bunch of glands and veins and stuff?

Or...
He looks at a huge heavyset trucker guy and sees him wearing naughty Victoria's Secret lingerie underneath his clothes.    Buggedout

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 08:54:54 AM »

Personally I like the geeky glasses. I think they can really add something to a person's face. Prime example, the girl from Not Another Teen Movie looked much better when she was wearing her glasses (even though she was supposed to be "hot" when she took them off). Then again, I'm more likely to talk to a girl if she's bespectacled.

Mostly what matters is that the glasses fit the person's face. Style is pretty relative, but if the glasses don't match the shape of the head, they'll look silly no matter what they look like.

The reason I don't wear thick-rimmed glasses is because they really do a number on your peripheral vision. I've got pretty thin-rimmed glasses now, and every time I put them on it's like I'm wearing one of those Big Daddy costumes (not really). I've contemplated getting contacts for that sole reason.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Yes, bifocals. Both the light and dark glasses. Actually, I'm wearing 'em, while I type this. New ones, because when I went to DMV to get my license renewed, they wouldn't renew it, till I got new glasses. Of course, it's been years since I've had new glasses made.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:56 AM »

Like this chick:

I like her glasses.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »

Sorry if I offended anybody here.
I didn't mean to insult you if you wear glasses.  Heck, I'm supposed to wear them but don't.  (perfect vision in my left eye...not so great in my right)
A huge portion of the regulars here wear them and that never ocurred to me until after I wrote this thread.

I just don't like that particular style of glasses and they seem to be EVERYWHERE!
Everywhere I look, I see someone wearing that style and it just irks me for some reason.
Probably because it makes them look like pompous jerks. (even though they might be a really nice person)

So again, I apologize if I offended anyone.

BTM

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

Ever notice how over the past few years, a trend of people wearing bad eyeglasses has emerged?

Dunno about that, I DO know that trend of late is to make the frame size smaller and smaller.  I dunno if that's simply an aesthetic choice or if there's larger reason behind it, (or maybe small lenses are considered better, I dunno.) 

But yeah, I've worn glasses since I was about in third grade or so.  My vision is so poor that glass don't completely clear things up for me (then again, maybe part of it is this crappy CRT monitor I have...)  The only contacts I could wear are hard contacts, and, last I tried them, they felt having silvers of glass in my eyes. 

Plus, since I've had cornia transplants, I'm not a candidate for laser surgery.  So, hopefully they invent contacts you can put INSIDE the eyes, that or perfect whole eye transplants or something...

Although I have heard they've got this new contact lenses that's soft on the edges but hard in the center...

But since I can't afford any of them right now it's all moot point anyway...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Glasses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.