Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:45:05 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RANDOM GRATUITOUS BUTT SHOT?!? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RANDOM GRATUITOUS BUTT SHOT?!?  (Read 2445 times)
John Morgan
« on: March 19, 2002, 01:59:02 PM »

A couple of years ago, TV stations began the TV rating system.  You know, those TV-G or TV-14 symbols that appear at the beginning of a show.  Well, I've noticed that many of these dramas like NYPD Blue and that new show The Shield on FX have begun to include a shot of some ones butt during the program.  Does the definition of  "Gritty Crime Drama" include the exposing of ones derriere?  (Did I spell that right?)

I was flipping thought the channels last night when I came across the last few minutes of The Shield.  The police were breaking down the door of this drug dealer's apartment.  The drug dealer was sitting there with some girl playing video games.  When the police break in, the guy and the girl go off to dispose of the drugs.  As the girl runs off, we are treated to a clear shot of her rear end.   SHE WAS NAKED PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!  WHY WAS SHE NAKED!  IT WAS OUT OF THE BLUE, "HERES A GIRLS BUTT!"

Ok maybe I didn't see the whole show and maybe there was some reason for it, but it just seems like now there are more TV shows perfecting the RANDOM GRATUITOUS BUTT SHOT.  What's sad is that many of these people are probably told "This will be your big break, just show your butt on TV." And they never hear from an agent again.
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 02:35:23 PM »

Personally, I'm more concerned with Kevin Bacon's random gratuitous dick shots.        
       His member has unexpectedly popped into view in the last few films I've seen him in. In Wild Things his Graboid appeared during a shower drying off scene ( to my wife's pleasant surprise ) and it was both in infra red and de-skinned  in Hollow Man.
Future Blob
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 05:31:43 PM »

You bastard, you made me squirt Coke out of my nose! "His Graboid"...that kills me...

As for the RGBS's , I'm sure there are a lot of semi(famous) people who got their big break showing their hineys on camera. A "butt cameo", as silly as it may seem, could get you in the door. And as for the naked video game chick, sure if I was rich and indolent enough I'd play video games with a naked girl. I'd lose, but so what?
C. Hill
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 06:53:58 PM »

In a way I'm kinda glad I've never seen NYPD Blue before.  There are many things I'd like to see in my life, and Dennis Franz's naked, hairy ass is definitely not one of them.
John Morgan
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 06:59:45 PM »

Kevin Bacon's random gratuitous Graboid shots:  EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Dennis Franz's naked, hairy ass: DOUBLE EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2002, 02:11:26 AM »

For some reason, throwing in extra sex, cursing and violence is expected to make a show more respectable. It's supposed to be daring - a portrayal of harsh reality that pushes the envelope, or some such crap. It's just an attempt to grab your attention. When the same tricks are used in comedy, it's considered cheap and puerile, and often rightly so. In drama, it's considered art. You don't need to stick your butt in my face to get my attention, just tell a good story.
flangepart
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 01:05:54 PM »

"We praise the Colo-rectal surgeon, miss understood, and much magilined. Slaveing away, in the heart of darkness..working where, the sun don't shine..." Bowser and Blue: Working where the sun don't shine.
Hairzilla
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 03:02:34 PM »

To quote "Hollywood" Hogan [Something that I hope to NEVER do again!] from this past Monday night's RAW IS WAR: "Damn, I love you guys"!

There are comments from this particular thread that are nothing short of legendary! Hahahaha!!!

>You don't need to stick your butt in my face to get my attention, just tell a good story.

>....his Graboid.... [In an utmost respectful reference to Kevin Bacon.] Couldn't you just see it if he and his brother take their band on the road.... a multitude of banners hanging from the upper levels saying: "Hey Kevin, show us your Graboid"! Hahahaha!!!

>and it was both in infra red and de-skinned in Hollow Man.... That's just sick. Brrrr.

I, myself, am still trying to deal with the Random Gratuitous Butt Shot of one "Radar" O'rielly during a particular episode of M.A.S.H.
Lee
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2002, 11:20:08 PM »

Thanks to RGBS's I have seen both Jackie Chan's and Sammo Hung's bare ass! No wonder my vision ain't what it used to be.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RANDOM GRATUITOUS BUTT SHOT?!? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.