Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:34:11 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever been forced to watch a bad movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ever been forced to watch a bad movie?  (Read 4012 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: February 27, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »

Seriously, have you ever been forced to watch a movie you knew you wouldn't like and still didn't like it after being forced to see it?  I've been there.  I've been forced to watch School for Scoundrels (2006 verison) and I really didn't like it.

Edit: So, have you been forced to watch something bad (As in it is something not enjoyable, thanks for alerting me about this akiratubo).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:37:50 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »

If you define "bad movie" as a movie I simply did not enjoy, then yes.  Yes, indeed.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »

If you define "bad movie" as a movie I simply did not enjoy, then yes.  Yes, indeed.
Got to agree here, need to define what you mean by bad movie for this group. We are people who seem devoted to watching the worst films we can find. In fact if Dr. Forrester had access the the members of this group, his experiment to break Joel then later Mike's will and turn them into madmen who he could use tot ake over the world would of been sucessful cause we could of found the movie which would of done it.
If you mean movies I just loathed, then yep, a lot cause I got a wife who only watches chick flicks, Julia Roberts films, and lame comedies. Also I got three daughters from the age of 11 to 17, they like to watch crap like Step it up and High School Musical 3. Speaking of High School Musical 3, gonna be forced to see it this weekend cause my youngest got a copy of it on DVD for her birthday.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:46:19 AM »

No one forces me to do anything, for I am THE BURGOMASTER!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »

I was forced to watch Frogs.... Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred....not that I'm bitter about the experience or anything...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »

A relative tried to force me to watch High School Musical, but failed. My mother got me with Mamma Mia (what's with my family and musicals?) and it was everything I feared and worse.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »

A friend of mine made me sit through Sukiyaki Western Django.  What a POS.

Same friend also brought over Nighwatch (the Russian one).  I was interested in it, actually.  REALLY a POS.  Awful, awful film.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 08:34:59 PM »

A girl I was dating a long time ago once forced me to watch The Sound Of Music.  Thankfully, she married some other poor schmuck.  He was more easily trainable than I. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »

help me out here guys...

Quoinaskatchi? Koynascatchi? whats it called?

3 hours of slow motion 'images' of humanity passing by.

utter crud, I was trapped in a room with 3 girls , one of whom I was trying to bone at the time so I just sat and watched this complete crap like a good boy. still scarred to this day.

do you know what film Im on about though?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 01:25:02 AM »

help me out here guys...

Quoinaskatchi? Koynascatchi? whats it called?

3 hours of slow motion 'images' of humanity passing by.

ARGH yes sat through that one.

Tokyo Gore Police I found thoroughly unpleasant, sat through it because it was a friend's choice for what movie she wanted to watch for her birthday.

metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 06:52:16 PM »

When i was a young man in school they forced us to watch REMEMBER THE TITANS , i knew it was going to be a bad movie , i hated the movie , and i've hated denzel washington ever since
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »

My friend rented Death Valley: The Revenge of Bloody Bill and had to sit through it. I needed a drink or 5 after that.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 06:02:24 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout

When I was six, friends of my folks took me to see Charles Jarrott's abortive musical remake of Lost Horizon with Peter Finch, Liv Ullmann, Sir John Gielgud and Andrew's favourite actor, George Kennedy.

All I can say is  Buggedout Buggedout and it's a wonder that that POS didn't put me off watching movies for the rest of my life.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »

A friend swore to me that Meet the Spartans was funny. I, however, had never even seen 300. So I watched them both. And hated them both. So I guess I got a twofer on this thread. My sister put in Mamma Mia when I was over there one day with my wife and daughter. I lasted about half an hour before I just got up and walked out of the room. I like musicals, but Amanda Seyfried's character annoyed me so much that I just couldn't watch any more. As for Sound of Music, I can't say it's a bad movie (I even like many of the songs in it), but something about it makes me want to claw my way out of whatever room it's playing in. I found Koyaanisqatsi (the movie DCA referred to) on Hulu, and it sounded vaguely interesting. I lasted about three minutes before that "cinematic experience" ended. Oh, yeah, and I sat through Titanic because a friend put it in at a party. One of the worst movies I've ever been forced to watch (along with Pearl Harbor and the others mentioned here. And maybe Death Proof, Four Rooms, and any other Tarantino movie).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Neville

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 06:06:08 PM »

The closest thing I can remember is when "Top Gun" was released in VHS. I was like 10 back then and I couldn't understand why my sister and her friends were that interested in an action film, or why they kept on disecting and replaying scenes like the volleyball match.

And what a boring action movie it was, BTW. It only had some action at the very end, and the rest of it was compossed of cocky people talking, moving in slow mo or pretending they didn't notice their rooms were flooded with blue neon light. What a steaming pile of sh*t.

But to be fair, most of the excruciantingly bad movies I've seen and I continue to watch (the last one: "How to lose a guy in 10 days") are purely my own idea.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ever been forced to watch a bad movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.