Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:19:36 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror movies infested with hippies -- in honor of Raffine « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Horror movies infested with hippies -- in honor of Raffine  (Read 5013 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

"Werewolf of Woodstock":  My wife constantly talks about this film, supposedly one of the very first films shot entirely on the brand-new format of video tape, supposedly even before Frank Zappa shot "200 Motels" on tape -- Has anyone here actually seen it?

Last I looked, there weren't even copies of it for sale on E-Bay.  Very very few people have even heard of it, much less have a copy.  Even Video Station in Boulder, Colorado, with 50,000 plus titles, doesn't have it.

peter johnson/denny crane

I actually saw WEREWOLF OF WOODSTOCK when it premiered on ABC - I'm thinking it was on one of their late night programs and not during prime time. It's pretty funny - a farmer who lives near the site of Woodstock gets struck by lightning and so naturally loud rock n roll music makes him turn into a blood-thirsty werewolf who likes to eat hippies.

Produced by Dick Clark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmOyPyubKg

Shocking Videos has it. Here's their surprisingly profanity-free description:

THE WEREWOLF OF WOODSTOCK (75) In the aftermath of the Woodstock Festival a disgruntled blue collar type (played by Tige Andrews, Capt. Greer from The Mod Squad) goes looking for leftover hippies during a lightning storm. He gets struck by a stray bolt while screaming "Freaks! Miserable freaks!" and is transformed into, you guessed it, The Werewolf of Woodstock. Executive produced by Dick Clark for ABC’s Wide World of Entertainment and co-starring "big name" celebs like Michael Parks (Then Came Bronson), Andrew Stevens (Massacre at Central High), and Meredith McCrae (Petticoat Junction) this stupefyingly BAD TV-movie looks like it was staged and shot with all the care and craftsmanship of a Mexican soap opera! Gives new meaning to the term "howler."

http://www.revengeismydestiny.com/cult_movies_made_for_tv.html

Shocking Video has lots of great stuff, by the way.

I myself have ordered from them several times.  Thumbup

I recall seeing it too!And,yes...it came on at about 11:30 at night! I have an old CASTLE of FRANKENSTIEN mag that has a full page pic from it...I'll have to dig it out and upload the pic!

Cool! Castle of Frankenstein was a great magazine. Slightly more "serious" than FM.

I watched the clip I posted and I had forgotten about the werewolf driving around in that groovy red dune buggy.

I wish I had a groovy red dune buggy.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »

Here's a few more obscure Hippie horrors...
Roger Corman's 1971 GAS-S-S!  Everyone over 25 dies from a poison gas leak. Oh joy.

Small | Large

Pot farmers turn into cannibals from smoking weed laced with some kinda f#cked up paraquat! the BLOODEATERS (1980)!

Small | Large

PREMONITION (1976) I'ts some kinda weird ghost story,according to Psychotronic Video Guide. Anyone ever seen it?

Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:56:52 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »

Very much thankyou for the Werewolf info!  Don't know if I want to spend $17 for something I may not look at more than once, but it would make a nice surprise for Dixie . . .

peter cheapskate/denny impecunious

I have no idea what this means.
Skull
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »

Another hippy/ horror movie for your list:

Curse of the Headless Horseman

Although its Hippies trying to be cool like cowboys with a Scooby Doo ending.

Small | Large
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 08:31:42 PM »

The Godmonster of Indian Flats features a hippie-dippy chick dancing with the title "monster."

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »

How about the original Wicker Man? It's full of folk music and free love and an isolated community of people living in harmony with nature, according to the old pagan ways. I'd call it a hippy horror movie. Just look at this:
Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:28:06 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 05:45:58 AM »

How about the original Wicker Man? It's full of folk music and free love and an isolated community of people living in harmony with nature, according to the old pagan ways. I'd call it a hippy horror movie. Just look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvJgRSiJSM&feature=related

I always thought the WICKER MAN to be a hippie horror flik as well. It don't get much hippy dippy than folk music.

What I wanna know-where can a person get a copy of DR.FRANKENSTIEN ON CAMPUS? and when was it renamed FLICK? And why?  Question 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202358/
It's sad that this kind of mindless trivia keeps me up at night.   Bluesad

THE WILD WORLD OF BATWOMAN...aka...SHE WAS A HIPPIE VAMPIRE....
Small | Large

Early hippies ,ya know...beatnicks! Dig it,man.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »

Thou Shalt Not Kill....Except Sam Raimi plays a Charlie Manson type leading a band of murderous hippies, in a early scene the take out a family of campers with lawn darts! Great flick.
Javakoala
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

And then there is "Son Of Blob" with Cindy Williams as a stoner/hippie.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror movies infested with hippies -- in honor of Raffine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.