Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:35:57 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Top 10 Best Movies Since 2000.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Top 10 Best Movies Since 2000....  (Read 83949 times)
Vik
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »

No particular order:

-Drag me to hell
-Inglourious b*asterds
-Snatch
-Kill bill
-Black dynamite
-Dawn of the dead
-Dead fish
-The Dark Knight, Batman Begins
-Spiderman
-The Gladiator
-American Gangster
-Bourne trilogy
-Ghost Dog
-No country for old men
-A serious man
-The hangover

Not really a top 10 but it's a top something  Lookingup
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

1. The Dark Knight
2. D-9
3. Spirited Away
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Batman Begins
6. Memento
7. Wall-e
8. The Pianist
9. Slumdog Millionaire
10. V for Vendetta

yeah no.
shahid74
New Visitor

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 05:10:01 AM »

Top 10 movies of the period 2000-2010 would be
1. The Dark Knight
2. The Lord of the Rings
3. Memento
4. Wall-E
5. The Pianist
6. The Departed
7. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
8. Inglourious Basterds
9. UP
10. Avatar

If you haven't watch these movies you must watch them. you can watch them online at [spam link removed]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:32:31 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged
eli2plax
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 07:48:55 AM »

1. Gladiator (2000)
An epic in every sense of the word. This movie has everything in it.

2. The Dark Knight (2008)
Another epic, the ultimate comic book film.

3. The Bourne Trilogy (2002-07)
I'm not sure that as a single film any of three would make it on this list but as a trilogy Matt Damon is the most kick ass super spy I've ever seen.

4. The Ladykillers (2004)
An absolutely HILARIOUS movie from the Coen brothers. The casting was so perfect. Tom Hanks plays his character to a t, Marlon Wayans, JK Simmons, Tzi Ma, and Ryan Hurst also are perfectly cast. Just a terrific, funny movie. Superbad would be on this list since the first time I saw it my stomach hurt afterward from all the laughing. The replay value of Superbad doesn't hold up like The Ladykillers though, since Superbad's script is mostly s**t.

5. The Departed (2006)
An Irish mob story in Boston with some of the best actors of this generation. The entire movie plays out amazingly and the ending really wraps up one of my favorite movies ever.

6. Lost in Translation (2003)
A middle aged actor that is bored with his 25 year marriage meets a newlywed out of college. A perfect movie that explores themes of loneliness between two people that want more then what they know they are allowed by this world to have.

7. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
A classic comedy with infinite replay value. Spaced is a must watch if you are into Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

8. Children of Men (2006)
A gritty, realistic view of the future where all the women can't have babies. Clive Owen is awesome and the entire movie just feels so... real.

9. Pineapple Express (2008)
The best stoner film of all time, hands down. Seth Rogen is a comedic God and James Franco is the most hilarious, always stoned, long haired, phased out drug dealer. A perfect supporting cast, a great script and awesome action scenes really do make this the best stoner film ever.

10. Avatar (2009)
I've only seen Avatar once and slept through about 10-15 minutes because I had surgery that week and wasn't going off much sleep. A visual spectacle with a great script that once I get more viewings of will probably be in a three horse race with Gladiator and The Dark Knight.
fancy
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2010, 03:35:14 AM »

uhhmmm its the first time i read this forum but i like the idea, i was bored n i was googlin best movies since 2000 wen i saw this:P here s my share:
Pans Labyrinth
My sisters keeper
The golden compass
Watchmen
The collector
Fame
The phantom of the opera
Crash
Brothers
Revolver
Running Scared
Law abiding citizen
Old Dogs
oops i think i overdid it a little but they all make great choices
f
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2010, 04:07:08 AM »

OUTPOST-I really like the idea behind this one...pleasently surprised!
i have to say i wanted to mention it but more like a beaware of movie.... I mean its great i liked it but its seriously and deeply depressing so get a bunch of comedy and retarded action ready to watch after this one... just incase u feel hopeless and life aint worth living!
A couple more (i m just not sure of the year) are rly worth watchin:
Mindhunters
From Hell
The Hurt Locker
Brooklyns finest
Anamorph
Pirates of the Caribbean (was amazed so few peeps mentioned it)
Perfume
Chocolate factory
Antichrist
He is not just that into you
Alot like love
Intolerable cruelty
The Interpreter
Shutter Island
I havent watched all the movies of this decade or the previous one but i have sure watched alot, including bad bad ones but i have to admitt there are some masterpieces, oh well wat can i say ... its a matter of taste. Take a look at these ones and gimme your feedback. i d love to hear wat movie junkies like myself have to say :)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

OUTPOST-I really like the idea behind this one...pleasently surprised!

From Hell - not bad, worth a watch
The Hurt Locker - excellent!
Chocolate factory - I assume you mean the Tim Burton remake.  I wouldn't nominate this one for best of the decade.  OK but inferior to the original.
Antichrist - I recommend it, but I can't tell how anyone will react to it.  Certainly a notable movie
Shutter Island - not bad.  Outside chance to make my top 10 of the year, a good movie but I wouldn't put it on any decade list.

I havent watched all the movies of this decade or the previous one but i have sure watched alot, including bad bad ones but i have to admitt there are some masterpieces, oh well wat can i say ... its a matter of taste. Take a look at these ones and gimme your feedback. i d love to hear wat movie junkies like myself have to say :)

Responses to the ones I've seen in bold. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
fancy
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »

Chocolate factory - I assume you mean the Tim Burton remake.  I wouldn't nominate this one for best of the decade.  OK but inferior to the original.
[/quote]
well i guess its cause i havent watched the original so nothing to compare it to
I would like to stress that not all of these deserve to be top 10 of the decade and also take a look at my previous list, above this one posted as fancy (i made a mistake typing the nick in the 2nd post) f and fancy are the same person.
U see i just put random movies that make my top movie list especially because i wanted to throw in new titles. I couldnt believe that someone has watched lets say Perfume or Mindhunters and didnt mention it so i figured i ll just write them down and maybe a couple of people will watch em. Most of them wont make your decade list but u ll regret not watchin them so here are a few more:
Mr. Brooks
Passengers
Five Fingers
Eyes Wide Shut
21 gram
Ocean's (11-12-13)
7 pounds
The pursuit of Happiness ( I would swear that this movie shoulda been on half of the decade lists out there but i feel sth is wrong so well watch it if u havent lol, It will sure make your movie evening )
23 (its like a week copy version of Memento but not bad)
Zombieland (well another version of Shaun of the Dead)
this last one is not exactly my decade choice, i just notices that a lot of ppl put slither and shaun of the dead so why not this one. No matter how funny, ridiculous or disgustin a movie is, it doest deserve a place in my decade list. I am more a movie with meaning person so i really cant waste 2 out of 10 spaces with comedy or funny horror.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »

It's been a year, so I'll update my list:

LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY (2001-2003)
PAN'S LABYRINTH (2006)
BRONSON (2008)
THE HURT LOCKER (2009)
CRASH (2004)
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2004)
KUNG FU HUSTLE (2005)
ADAPTATION (2001)
DONNIE DARKO (2001)
RED CLIFF (2009)

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
fancy
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »

It's been a year, so I'll update my list:

LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY (2001-2003)
PAN'S LABYRINTH (2006)
BRONSON (2008)
THE HURT LOCKER (2009)
CRASH (2004)
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2004)
KUNG FU HUSTLE (2005)
ADAPTATION (2001)
DONNIE DARKO (2001)
RED CLIFF (2009)

Definitely Red Cliff - its a great storytelling about ancient war strategy, impressive visual effects, makes a worthwatching experience
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

I hated Red Cliff. Screw "impressive visuka effects", what happened to grit and realism? I want chinese guys to kick each other in the face, not fly through the air and dance around....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Top 10 Best Movies Since 2000.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.