Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:41:49 PM
714408 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Chapstick « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Chapstick  (Read 4357 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 18, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »

All this time, I've been hiding a secret from you all.  I am a Chapstick addict.   Bluesad 

It started when I was in my early teens and now I literally have withdrawl symptoms if I don't have it on me for a day.  My wife sells Avon and gets this ultra moisturising one thats really good. 

Do you use chapstick or a lip balm?  If so, which one do you prefer?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »

Hi, my name is Derf, and I'm addicted to Chapstick. And what's more, I don't wanna quit. So gitcher grubby mitts offa my Chapstick before I wipe the walls with ya!

Yes, I am unable to go a day without at least two applications.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

Hello Derf, welcome the first of our CA (Chapstick Anonymous) meetings.  Do you have a backup in your workplace or car just in case?

DarkSider's Realm

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:13:45 PM »

Ugh!  I don't like Chapstick!   Thumbdown

I can't stand the way my lips feel after it's been applied and within 60 seconds, I'll wipe it off on a napkin or paper towel.
I never use it because my lips almost never chap.
And even if they did, I still wouldn't use it.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:02:13 PM by Ash » Logged
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »

Hello Derf, welcome the first of our CA (Chapstick Anonymous) meetings.  Do you have a backup in your workplace or car just in case?

Nah, around here, a Chapstick would melt horribly in the car, and, since I am self-employed, I don't have a set workplace. I am just very careful to always have my trusty friend in my pocket. And several extras (I buy in bulk whenever I can) at the house so I never run out.

And Ash, you know, it's okay to admit you have a problem. We're here to help you, friend.  Twirling TongueOut Twirling

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »

I have to agree with Ash on this one. I can't stand the feel of waxy stuff on my lips. I hate hand lotion too, and I'll go all winter with sore, cracked hands rather than put that greasy stuff on. And I also tend to shun moisturizing soaps for the harsh ones. I like to feel clean. You'll never catch me deliberately gunking myself up.

My wife, on the other hand, seems like she's constantly applying lip balm. She has a couple of different sticks, which aren't too bad, but the worst stuff comes from a small tin. It's some kind of mentholated (stinky), greasy and waxy yellow jelly that comes in a tiny blue can. I just call it "lip stuff" and it's mainly for bedtime in the winter. My wife, on occasion, delights in putting it on before she kisses me goodnight, because she knows how I'll react. "Ewwwww, lip stuff."

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 07:42:22 AM »

I used to use Chapstick, but then I found out that for chapped lips, any sort of hand creme or moisturizing lotion works much better.  It soaks in and after a couple of days, the chapped lips are healed.  Chapstick is just this waxy stuff that doesn't do anything, but some of the flavors taste kind of good  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »

I use Blistex Complete Moisture.  It's not waxy at all.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »

I think it's a genetic thing. My wife has terrible problems with chapping, especially in winter. Also gets painful cracks in the skin of her fingers. I don't seem to have a problem with skin, so I've never used any of these products.

Probably related to the fact that she burns easily in sunlight and I basically don't burn at all, though I can get a little itchy and skin peeling if I overdo it.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »

I remember a creepy kid in my school who would carry vaseline in his pocket for his lips .  Wonder if he did other things with it.   Buggedout

I see the hand chapping thing coming up.  I get the cracks in the skin but find first aid ointment to work nicely. 

DarkSider's Realm

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »

I think Circus wears lipstick now and then... TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »

I remember a creepy kid in my school who would carry vaseline in his pocket for his lips.

Was it in a container, or did he just have a pocket full of it?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »

All this time, I've been hiding a secret from you all.  I am a Chapstick addict.   Bluesad 

It started when I was in my early teens and now I literally have withdrawl symptoms if I don't have it on me for a day.  My wife sells Avon and gets this ultra moisturising one thats really good. 

Do you use chapstick or a lip balm?  If so, which one do you prefer?
I have chapstick in my favorite coat, in my wallet drawer, in my dresser, in my office, in my study, in my glove compartment, and use it perhaps once a day.  I haven't had chapped lips in 30 years.  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:16 AM »

I'll admit I like chapstick myself.  If I forget to take one with me when I go, I'll end up having to buy a pack just so I can have one.  My mom hates the fact that I use since it's petroleum based and tries to get me to switch to something else.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

I remember a creepy kid in my school who would carry vaseline in his pocket for his lips.

Was it in a container, or did he just have a pocket full of it?
BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Chapstick « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.