Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:47:02 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Someone Kill Micheal Eisner « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Someone Kill Micheal Eisner  (Read 2151 times)
The Bard
« on: March 20, 2002, 11:38:30 PM »

Has anyone else notice that Disney seems to be putting out a seqeul to every cartoon they ever did? Who out there was calling for a Cinderella 2 or Peter Pan 2? Does Disney really need to have some crummy cartoon pushed out just to get kids to by some more 30 year old toys sitting in the warehouse?
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 06:52:44 AM »

The Hunchback of Notre Dame II. If I hadn't heard about it earlier, I would've shot myself when the ads ran on TV.

This isn't about hawking toys; it's about hawking VHS and DVD. Some Disney sequels aren't SO awful---The Rescuers Down Under wasn't bad at all--but when The Aristocats 2: Off With Their Heads comes out, I shall be returning to my home planet in disgust.
Future Blob
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 10:27:47 AM »

I fully agree, of course most Disney movies make me groan anyway...why not Black Cauldron 2? Actually, I'm amazed they haven't started doing crossovers yet...
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 12:40:13 PM »

Oh!...firk ding blast...don't give em' any ideas! You know they have no shame. And this is another reason i loved Shrek. To quote Princess Fiona after she clobbers Misure Hood...."Man, that was getting annoying!"  On an up note...adult swim is getting new ephisodes! Conciter it a pain killer.........
C. Hill
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2002, 01:08:13 PM »

Eisner can live for now, as long as I don't hear anything about a Pearl Harbor 2.  Uggggghhhhhh...
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2002, 04:15:22 PM »

Nah.

The art is gone from the Disney world.  Clearly, except for their brand new theatrical releases which are a clearinghouse for new animation techniques, all Disney characters are now "merchandise".  It's like a logo for children now.  They're going to make more money selling t-shirts, dolls, bedsheets and the like then they ever would with their feature releases.  The straight-to-video knockoffs are just an extension of that.

Comic companies (DC, Marvel) have been doing this for years.  It doesn't matter what the quality of the product is, as long as it's a recognizable "brand name".  Ask DC what makes them more money, Superman comics or Superman merchandise.  I'll bet ten to one that plain blue Superman t-shirts make more money than the entire Superman comic line combined.
AndyC
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2002, 06:34:37 PM »

You hit the nail on the head. It doesn't matter that these are classics that have been cherished for decades. Disney has released about 60 years worth of animated features onto video over a few years. Kids have whole libraries of them that they watch over and over until they're sick of them.

Time for something new. The public bought Cinderella, Peter Pan and all the others, so let's repackage them and sling them back onto the video market again. As long as the public keeps buying, Disney keeps doing it over and over again.

Meanwhile, there are none of the merchandising problems of an original film. You won't be stuck with a worthless inventory of toys when the fad wears off. These are beloved characters that have been around for years. What's more, if you want to stir up sales a bit, you can always sling another s**tty sequel onto the market.

No respect at all.
Future Blob
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2002, 11:03:38 PM »

I ran across this on a movie site, no idea if it's true but it SOUNDS true...

Home Video News: Recently the Disney Corporation has acquired the distribution rights to a large number of classic Asian/Hong Kong action and crime films. For all you Hong Kong flick lovers out there this may sound like good news, right?. Maybe not. Unfortunately the head-hanchos over at Walt's place have decided to edit and censor all the films to their likeing. This of course means all the good nudity, sex and violence will be cut out of all of the films. Here's the real tragedy... they apparently have taken full worldwide rights to these movies so no other versions will be sold anywhere! That's right, anywhere, not even in Asia. So in a nutshell you can kiss goodbye any chance of seeing these classics in their original, uncut form. Make you a bit perturbed? If so, copy the address below and paste it in your browsers address bar. There you will find a official petition to Disney protesting their censored treatment of these important films. http://www.petitiononline.com/warthkf/petition.html
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2002, 02:58:33 AM »

It be true.
Dan_D_Man
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2002, 08:58:22 PM »

Future Blob wrote:
>
>
>
>   I ran across this on a movie site, no idea if it's true but
> it SOUNDS true...
>
>   Home Video News: Recently the Disney Corporation has
> acquired the distribution rights to a large number of classic
> Asian/Hong Kong action and crime films. For all you Hong Kong
> flick lovers out there this may sound like good news, right?.
> Maybe not. Unfortunately the head-hanchos over at Walt's
> place have decided to edit and censor all the films to their
> likeing. This of course means all the good nudity, sex and
> violence will be cut out of all of the films. Here's the real
> tragedy... they apparently have taken full worldwide rights
> to these movies so no other versions will be sold anywhere!
> That's right, anywhere, not even in Asia. So in a nutshell
> you can kiss goodbye any chance of seeing these classics in
> their original, uncut form. Make you a bit perturbed? If so,
> copy the address below and paste it in your browsers address
> bar. There you will find a official petition to Disney
> protesting their censored treatment of these important films.
> http://www.petitiononline.com/warthkf/petition.html

I just signed the petition.  Even so.....You've got to be F#@%ing kidding me!  What the hell is Disney's problem!?  Are they actually thinking of selling these films to little kids?  Cause that's the only reason I can think of as to why they're taking HK films that would get PG-13 or R ratings here in the States and doing this sort of hack-job editing.  I mean WTF!?

Christ on a pogo-stick, I knew Disney was stupid when they cancelled Gargoyles.  I knew they were stupid when they started with these lame toon movie sequels, but this my brothers and sisters takes the damm cake!

Sign the petittion, e-mail the bastards directly, do what you gotta do.  Just save the films of HK's Golden Age of film from being f---ed over by Mickey the Rat!
Chris K.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2002, 09:58:54 PM »

It's funny, I respect Disney when they made classics like THE ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA when good ole' Walt Disney himself was in charge. Ah, those were the days.

Now that Michael Eisner is in charge, Disney is no longer fan friendly, churning out some real crappy movies (FLUBBER my ass, give me the Fred MacMurray version anytime Disney), and some POOR QUALITY DVD's (until the special edition of SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS literaly bursted out some extra features that I have not yet to see).

Disney never cared about the money making machine until Eisner stepped in and started. It's amazing how Disney has sold itself out. Oh well, Walt Disney and his original way the company worked still lives on in my memory. I just hope it does not fade away.
Lee
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2002, 10:07:49 PM »

Walt needs to come back from the hereafter and straighten thses guys out! Disney has made some great movies. Now look at them, loads of crap! I long for the days of The Absent Minded Professor(awesome movie). What happened?!
AndyC
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2002, 12:12:10 PM »

Speaking of Disney's past art being gone, what is this s**t about "the Disney vault?" Really nice. They release a classic to video and hype it to death. Then when sales begin to drop off, they pull out this little ploy to create a sense of urgency and bring on another little burst of business. How does that work? Does the movie stay in circulation until all the copies are sold, or is it pulled off store shelves once the date arrives? Am I to understand that once the marketing blitz has run its course, the movie is no longer available? So, if someone, a few years later, wants a copy of, say, Cinderella for their kids, they're S.O.L. The movie goes back in the vault until demand builds up sufficiently for another big, huge release, and the crappy sequels can, meanwhile, enjoy stronger sales.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Someone Kill Micheal Eisner « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.