Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:24 AM
714507 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Possibly the worst movie ever made!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Possibly the worst movie ever made!!!  (Read 2322 times)
Skull
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »

I wrote this review on the Myspace Movie Forum last year...

*Warning this thread will contain spoilers*

Before I start with my rant of the worst movie ever made, let me fill you in. Around 1985/86, I would rent movies in a video store like there is no tomorrow. So one day I’d came across of a movie called The Boogeyman (1980). Which is a cross between HALLOWEEN, THE EXORCIST, AMITYVILLE HORROR and I wouldn’t be too far off and say that The Boogeyman also influences many other 1980’s “B” type horror films such as The Prowler (1981), The Slayer (1982) and The Demons of Ludlow (1984).

Yes, I really liked The Boogeyman (1980). I’d remember that the next day I went to the video store and rented Boogeyman II (1983). Only to find out it was one of the worst attempts in making a horror movie that has a huge amount of flashbacks from the first film that I’d have ever seen. Sorry, most of The Boogeyman II has been block out of my mind to give full detail. But I do remember not liking the movie because of the flashbacks.

Thankfully FEARnet has provided The Boogeyman (1980) and Return of the Boogeyman (1994) (V) on their April lineup.

Return of the Boogeyman (1994)

Ok, I didn’t even know there was a Boogeyman III. And since the movie is called Return of the Boogeyman, I’d thought that this could have been an improved version to Boogeyman II or an ill attempt in ripping off from the original Boogeyman movie.

Either case I’d decided to watch Return of the Boogeyman. After all I happen to own the original Boogeyman and I had no reason to watch it on FEARnet.

How could I go into details about Return of the Boogeyman?

Cliff Notes

If your teaching a bunch of film students what not to do, then you might find Return of the Boogeyman a simple reference tool.

Yes! Return of the Boogeyman that bad.

After the killer drops the Radio in the tub for the 10th time, I was already looking up Return of the Boogeyman in IMDB. Partly because I faintly remember Boogeyman II for being bad with flashbacks and I was quite unsure because Return of the Boogeyman is also loaded with flashbacks. At that moment I was thinking maybe this was Boogeyman II, although I don’t recall seeing the movie back in 1994.

Soon I’d learn that Return of the Boogeyman is really Boogeyman III. My mouth dropped.

What makes Return of the Boogeyman the worst movie ever made?

1st, There is about 65 minutes of Flashbacks of the original Boogeyman (although IMDB also say’s that Return of the Boogeyman combines flashbacks of Boogeyman II. I’m not quite sure what, but I’m willing to guess it’s the part when the killer is dropping the Radio on the bathtub?)

2nd, Although we have to review at least 65 minutes of Flashbacks, this time its narrated by from a girl who seemed to be talking to a therapist. So not only we are seeing Flashbacks from the original movie but also we are listening to a character that is describing each frame.

3rd, If you have ever wonder… What if midgets could get behind a movie camera and film a scene what would it look like? Well… You should check out Return of the Boogeyman. The scenes that aren’t flashbacks seemed to be shot at waist high and close-ups on the characters face is a good clear shot up the characters nose.

4th, How many times can we see the radio dropped into the tub? Ok, if you were looking for a good drinking game and everybody needs to take a shot when the radio hits the tub, I’d swear somebody is going to die of alcohol poisoning. (Or end up drinking 2 big bottles of Jack)

I’m not quite sure how many times they kept flashing that scene but I’d know its has to be more then 20 times!!!

5th, Besides the overuses of flashbacks and filmed by midgets. There seemed to several attempts on artsy filming. Sorry, I cannot pin point the scenes but I’m sure its somewhere between the 5th to the 19th time the Radio is dropped in the tub and towards the ending.

6th, Boring narrations of the therapist opinions and progress by the beach.

7th, What else? Besides the typical stiff scenes, actors/actress that cannot act, poor lighting, random characters that seemed to show up and leave, as well as boring narrations. Try a nonexistent plot and an ending that assumes that there’s going to be a Boogeyman IV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t think anybody could find a worse movie then Return of the Boogeyman and if you think you had then you have not seen Return of the Boogeyman.

Recommended to Film Students who want to know what not to do in film making but don't have the time to review several films.

Also recommended to most hardcore bad film lovers...

The only trailer I could find:

http://www.flixster.com/movie/return-of-the-boogeyman-boogeyman-3-videos

:)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:53 PM »

Try watching CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN.  It is painfully boring and awful.  I have never seen a worse movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

This is like the 900th time you've pointed out how much you hate this movie publicly. 

I know it cut you deep, but I think it's time to let it go.  I'm over it, I only get slightly nauseous when I see the cover now.
Skull
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »

Try watching CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN.  It is painfully boring and awful.  I have never seen a worse movie.

Seen it a few months ago... Agree that the film is boring but hippies acting like cowboys was fun to watch... it kind of remind me of Dudes (1987) [another boring film] but you have punks acting like cowboys... It's something about acting like a cowboy that makes the story a little fun...

Although, CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN seemed to be a remake from a Scooby Doo cartoon or inspired from my old Scooby Doo lunch box (silly pot smoking hippies)

And I cannot disagree the CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN does fall flat on its head because it's doesnt attempt to give you a spooky image of the headless horseman.

My gut feeling is that the director use the Scooby Doo lunch box as the script and told the hippies that he's making this movie. I wouldnt be too suprised that the script was stored in the lunch box too... :)

But the film is missing the classic DJ's record scratch (The radio dropped into the tub sceen - repeated over 20 times)
Skull
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »

This is like the 900th time you've pointed out how much you hate this movie publicly. 

I know it cut you deep, but I think it's time to let it go.  I'm over it, I only get slightly nauseous when I see the cover now.

I'm only covering it because I havnt seen anybody talk about this film and I think its the worst film ever made and also hard to beat... (I would like to know if anybody else agree or disagree)

:)

I also find a 2006 review that seems to agree with me...

http://www.badmovierealm.com/reviews/return_of_the_boogeyman/returnoftheboogeyman.html
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 10:04:44 PM »

Teknolust currently has the Worst Movie Ever Title, so far as I'm concerned.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »

Kind of weird, there are apparently two different series of Boogeyman films.  I saw Boogeyman 2, made in 2007, and they just came out with part 3 recently.  Then there's this other series you're talking about, which is quite a bit older. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

I'm sorry, I thought this was about Frogs.

Hatred

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Skull
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

I'm sorry, I thought this was about Frogs.

Hatred

Maybe its me but I like the Frogs

Especially since and *spoiler*

the frogs manipulated the other animals to do their killing... :)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »

I like FROGS, too.  It's a text book 1970s cheesy drive-in movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 02:10:07 AM »

That trailer was probably the worst trailer I've ever seen.  Wow, just wow. 

I could have made it ten times better in like 3 or 4 minutes by simply cutting out about 75 seconds of footage.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 07:45:54 AM »

From the trailer:

"She puts the stocking over his head...he's now a man with no face."

But, um, his face is still perfectly visible through the stocking.  His nose might be squished down slightly.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

I got a copy of Curse of the Headless Horseman in a 50 movie pack. I swear the narration for the film was written by a Charles Dickens wannabe. Sadly I have seen worse but not much worse.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »

Cathy's Curse

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Possibly the worst movie ever made!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.