Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:27:31 AM
714514 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS : Do you hate spiders?... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS : Do you hate spiders?...  (Read 1338 times)
Flangepart
« on: March 21, 2002, 01:11:55 PM »

Man. Just caught the quicktime trailer, After Ken Begg mentioned it on his site. Looks like a winner! Could be the monster movie of the summer. Check it out, and see what ya' think. I found it on Google. Type in the title, and give it a whirl.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 02:15:12 PM »

For some reason this is the movie I look forward the most to seeing this year.  Probably because to combines my two favorite sub-genres Animal Attack Movies and Giant Mutant Monster Movies.  It certainly looks like it could be fun, lets hope they didn't bow their wad in the previews. '

Trivis - the original title was Arach Attack, but it was changed post 9/11 because it was so phenotically similar to Iraq Attack.  Go figure.
Future Blob
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 02:44:54 PM »

....unless they are GIANT spiders. I also REALLY want to see this movie, I mean how many Giant Monster movies have they released in theatres recently?
Cullen
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 02:52:18 PM »

There are some honking BIG spiders in the film, according to the trail.  Looks good to me.
Gerry
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2002, 04:55:44 PM »

I don't mind the little ones so much, it's when they get bigger than say...a dime that they really start to creep me out.

I will not be seeing this movie.  The trailer was bad enough.
Cullen
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2002, 05:02:13 PM »

My father and brother are arachnophobes.  The former has problems watching the movie “Arachnophobia” (especially the spiders coming out of the faucet scene); the latter LEAPS away from little green spiders art eye level

They feel your pain.

(I’m a sort of arachnophobe, but not as bad as they are.  “Eight Legged Freaks” just looks neat to me.)
Gerry
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2002, 07:31:20 PM »

If they are little I can kill them without fear or pang of conscious.  It's when they get to big to easily kill that I begin to get nervous.  Can you imagine something the size of a mac truck coming at you with snapping mandibles?  Let's just not go there.
AndyC
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2002, 08:19:59 PM »

I hate spiders too, but they only bother me under certain conditions. Outside, they're fine. In movies or under glass, they're no problem. It's when I'm watching TV, and catch some movement out of the corner of my eye. One has invaded the house, and is either scampering across the floor or dangling next to me. Then I'm bothered.

Funny though, it's only the average-sized ones. The tiny ones don't bother me. Tarantulas don't either. I think this is because I unconsciously group them with small furry animals. Kind of like an eight-legged poisonous hamster. I suppose I'd freak if one was loose in my house, but they don't bother me otherwise.

Needless to say, I'm with the people who look forward to this movie.
Future Blob
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2002, 11:21:36 PM »

One word of warning about this movie...it may be TOO bad..

You see, the action hero of this film appears to be...DAVID ARQUETTE!

AHHHHH! Run for the hills!

I'm gonna root for the spiders....
8bit Geisha
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2002, 12:49:15 AM »

I think the best part of all is the fact that spiders grow huge because of NUCLEAR WASTE!!! Best way to gets mutants into your film quickly and cheaply.
john
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2002, 07:05:30 PM »

Most spiders don't bother me. I occasionally find little ones around the house and I usually leave them alone. When I was little, my grandparents used to take me with them over the summer when they'd stay in a rustic cottage in New York. It was fairly common to see 5-6 daddy longlegs hanging from the ceiling while you were sitting on the toilet.

The one spider that really freaked me out was one I found behind one of my posters several years ago when I was a teen. It was late at night and as I was  lying in bed, I kept hearing little scrurrying noises. I finally determined that it was coming from behind a poster that wasn't up tight against the wall. I pulled the tack out of one corner to look behind it and spotted the biggest spider I've ever personally seen. It was black with a big round body about the size of a superball and although I didn't seen any markings, it looked like a pretty good match for a black widow. I ended up taking a ton of paper towels (to make sure I had a nice thick pad), grabbing it and squashing it,
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS : Do you hate spiders?... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.