Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:14:02 AM
714513 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two "movies" I viewed last weekend were big let downs. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two "movies" I viewed last weekend were big let downs.  (Read 1212 times)
John Morgan
« on: March 21, 2002, 05:57:29 PM »

The first movie was on Scifi, Reptilian, (Korean Yongary).  The acting was not only bad, it was atrocious.  Every line of dialog seemed to be forced out with the same enthusiasm a pushing out an enema.  There were only two emotions for delivering the lines, anger and disbelief.  However you couldn't tell which was which.  Even some of the lines that were supposed to be funny were so badly delivered that I couldn't laugh, I could only let out a grown of pain.

Now I love Godzilla.  I have every Godzilla movie, even the American version.  But I just could not get into this movie Reptilian at all.  Maybe I need to give it a second chance and rent it.  I know Scifi cuts out a lot of stuff to edit for "Time and Content."

The second movie was the "movie" of the Justice League: Secret Origins.  I missed the debut episode and I was excited to see that Cartoon Network was showing it again when I had time to watch it, (or knew they were showing it.) Throughout the entire movie, I was picking out were I had seen that done before.  
The mars/alien connection- Species 2,

The three legged walkers- War of the Worlds,

Superman disposing of Nukes- Superman 4 (I could not believe they pulled some of the story line from that one.)

The scene where the alien mother ship entered the atmosphere over the city- Independence Day.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the movie, but I was hoping for something a little more original.

Anyone else ever let down by a movie they thought would be great but turned out to be a let down?
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 06:26:47 PM »

"Now I love Godzilla. I have every Godzilla movie, even the American version.  But I just could not get into this movie Reptilian at all. Maybe I need to give it a second chance and rent it.  I know Sci-Fi cuts out a lot of stuff to edit for 'Time and Content.'"

As a fellow Godzilla fan, it is my duty to advise you NOT to rent the movie "Reptilian."  It does not, repeat, does not get any better, nor make any more sense, uncut.  I have seen the uncut version, and know the truth.

Plus, we've talked about this film on the board before.  See http://www.badmovies.org/bbs2/read.php?f=2&i=8544&t=8544 and http://www.badmovies.org/bbs2/read.php?f=2&i=6851&t=6851 for more about this DELIGHTFUL film.

The problem is, is that there were some excellent moments here and there.  It's just the whole movie relies too much on (a) violence, (b) the plot to "Horror of Dracula,” and (c) Seriously Awful Special Effects.  Especially that age old foe of good horror movies everywhere: the Bat on a Wire.  Somebody must of like that bat.  A little too much...
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 06:40:33 PM »

Did you notice in the Justice League pilot that Superman was invariably the first person to fall?  For one of the most powerful superhumans in the DC universe he sure is a wimp.  One blast from those aliens took him out of the fight!  Didn't we see Wonder Woman blocking those very same blasts with her bracelets later in the show?  For shame, Superman, for shame.

I've seen quite a few movies that were a let down, but they would be far too numerous to list here.  Okay, maybe one.  UNBREAKABLE was by far the biggest disappointment in the last several years.  At least among major releases that I was excited about.

Now I just don't let myself get caught up in the hype machine.  If I'm even remotely interested in seeing a movie I avoid any information on it like the plague.  This way I can usually go to a movie with fresh eyes and judge it on its own terms.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2002, 09:43:34 PM »

I thought reptillian was good. It was fun to watch cuz of all the bad acting and how it makes no sence. And every five seconds there is an explosion. Did you see the part where the schoolbus full of kids jump the freeway gap "Speed" style? I was cracking up!!

-Dan
John Morgan
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2002, 09:51:35 AM »

Yeah, I saw that part with the bus, I guess I have to admit I did laugh at that part.
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2002, 01:10:43 PM »

Reptillian....ah, such is the power of cheese! Definatly MST material. From the Ev-il bone hunter, to the "Secret defense command bunker" with the stuffed animals on the consoles (?), to the final fight with the second beastie, this has almost as much potential as Reptilicus. Btw,,,my dvd has a pitch control feature. Early into the scene the heroine enters the bar to chat with the beermaid, i raised the voice pitch one notch between each sentance....then lowered it when i maxed out the top end. Hey, it made the thing more bearable! Try it, if you have such a feature, and see how it changes the diolouge. The more pompous, the better!
john
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2002, 07:27:00 PM »

I kind of liked Reptilian too, although I could have done without the guys in the jetpacks that apparently don't need any controls to make them do what you want.

Call me weird, but I thought the female lead was kind of cute...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Two "movies" I viewed last weekend were big let downs. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.