Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:27:10 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Idea about Mimes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Idea about Mimes  (Read 6196 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 26, 2009, 05:21:39 AM »

So I have assessment coming up, and we have to make a short 2min film. 

There are a few criteria: It has to be 2mins long, needs to be a three act narrative structure and cannot use more than 20 shots. 

It also needs to fall under one of the following themes: Chase, Melancholy, Fear, Excitement, Surprise.

I have the basic idea in mind: The Problems With Dating Carnie Folk.  Basically a normal guy starts dating a mime, who drives him crazy with all her miming. 

Now the way I was going to finish it was by her becoming pregnant and having a clown baby [thereby making it clear she's been cheating on him with her clown friend.]  This also applies to the theme of surprise.

But I'm not sold on the ending: I like the general idea, but am trying to think of another way to end this short 'cautionary tale'.

So I thought, while I went about trying to figure out an ending, that I might throw this one open to people who very much have messed up minds on this board just for inspiration's sake!

Smile

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:58:33 AM »

I actually like the ending you thought up.  Thumbup  The only change I would make is I would have the woman be the normal one and the males be the clown and the mime.  Makes more sense to me that a normal woman would have a clown baby than a mime.  Realism, dammit!

You could show the clown as the best man at the wedding; that will make the final revelation of her infidelity sting even more.     

It sounds like a real challenge to pack 3 acts into 2 minutes.  Good luck!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:34:56 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion Rev.  My initial intention was for this to be a light cautionary tale about how terrible carnival folk are [shifty and generally lacking in morals] so to have one of them the protagonist one of them took the reins off that a little. 

Also I wasn't sure how I could pull off the baby ending in general, though one has recently come into my possession so it's a possibility.  It also makes it easier to accept the ending.

Another 'moment' I'd add that I was thinking of: When she's pregnant she has a magic gag of the endless handkerchiefs coming out before the baby.

More thoughts to ponder on I suppose.  I think I'm about 90% there, just don't think the cycle is totally complete.

Ace ideas!   Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion Rev.  My initial intention was for this to be a light cautionary tale about how terrible carnival folk are [shifty and generally lacking in morals] so to have one of them the protagonist one of them took the reins off that a little. 

Also I wasn't sure how I could pull off the baby ending in general, though one has recently come into my possession so it's a possibility.  It also makes it easier to accept the ending.

Another 'moment' I'd add that I was thinking of: When she's pregnant she has a magic gag of the endless handkerchiefs coming out before the baby.

More thoughts to ponder on I suppose.  I think I'm about 90% there, just don't think the cycle is totally complete.

Ace ideas!   Thumbup

This sounds hilarious. I love the idea of the endless handkerchiefs.

So many other gags are possible too, but even one more might be overkill and spoil the surprise of the ending.

Unless you went the total other direction and gave a heck of a lot of foreshadowing. Like he's worrying that it's his, and he starts flashing back to when his wife was in the little clown car with 20 other clowns and took a LONNG time to come out...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Idea about Mimes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.