Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:44:23 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Just wanted to say "hello". « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just wanted to say "hello".  (Read 3329 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 29, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »

Ash contacted me and asked me to make a visit. Haven't seen many movies over the past year. Only seven films. Here's a list.

The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story  Thumbup Thumbup
Knowing  Thumbup
Apaloosa (2008)  Thumbup Thumbup
Sukiyaki Western Django  Thumbup
The Prisoner (1955)  Thumbup
Kung Fu Panda  Thumbup Thumbup
Tropic Thunder  Thumbdown

Will probably check out the new Star Trek and the film 2012 when they come out in theaters. Now I've recommended Plan 9 From Outer Space to people when ever I get a chance.  Smile

My daughter when to Monster Mania Convention recently and had photos taken with Ghosthunters crew Steve Gonzales and Dave Tango. Also with Alice Cooper.

You can visit me anytime on my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/dscott1964 or link up with me on Facebook. Recently I've converted to Christianity most noteably the Catholic Church which has been the most illuminating experience of my life. I gave a profession of faith and was confirmed at the Easter Vigil last month. Greatest moment of my life.

Andrew has a great website here. It's an amazing accomplishment and lots of dedication to the world of b movies. My favorite entertainment website ever. I've spent many hours on this fantastic forum. Loved every minute of it.  Thumbup  Thumbup

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:26 PM »

Congratulations on your spiritual decision.  I am a lifelong Baptist myself, but I have an abiding respect for many aspects of the Catholic church.  Good to see you posting here again.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:30 AM »

Ash contacted me and asked me to make a visit. Haven't seen many movies over the past year. Only seven films. Here's a list.

The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story  Thumbup Thumbup
Knowing  Thumbup
Apaloosa (2008)  Thumbup Thumbup
Sukiyaki Western Django  Thumbup
The Prisoner (1955)  Thumbup
Kung Fu Panda  Thumbup Thumbup
Tropic Thunder  Thumbdown

Will probably check out the new Star Trek and the film 2012 when they come out in theaters. Now I've recommended Plan 9 From Outer Space to people when ever I get a chance.  Smile

My daughter when to Monster Mania Convention recently and had photos taken with Ghosthunters crew Steve Gonzales and Dave Tango. Also with Alice Cooper.

You can visit me anytime on my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/dscott1964 or link up with me on Facebook. Recently I've converted to Christianity most noteably the Catholic Church which has been the most illuminating experience of my life. I gave a profession of faith and was confirmed at the Easter Vigil last month. Greatest moment of my life.

Andrew has a great website here. It's an amazing accomplishment and lots of dedication to the world of b movies. My favorite entertainment website ever. I've spent many hours on this fantastic forum. Loved every minute of it.  Thumbup  Thumbup

Welcome back to the nice fellow who sent me undies and shares me birthday!  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:40:05 AM »

Scott! Your back! The forum isn't the same without you.....being Catholic isn't a deterrent to watching bad films! I always enjoyed your zen outlook on films of phlem! Please come back!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »

We miss you man, I always loved you skew on the world.   Take care of yourself and stay in touch occasionally. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:17:18 AM »

Thumbup

Glad to see you back!

And wow, converting is a huge decision.  Was it rather difficult, since I imagine it's a fairly big decision? [no need to answer if it's too personal]

In any case congratulations!  I may not be too religious but the words 'greatest moment of my life' must mean you're very satisfied with the decision!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

Congratulations on your spiritual decision.  I am a lifelong Baptist myself, but I have an abiding respect for many aspects of the Catholic church.  Good to see you posting here again.

Thanks Indy ! ! ! We share a common sacrament in Baptism. Thumbup

Welcome back to the nice fellow who sent me undies and shares me birthday!  Smile

How's the weather in South Africa? Yes, we share lots in common. Remember those were fresh undies. Never used. Lost the receipt and had to find them a good home. No point in wasting 100% cotton. 

BounceGiggle

Scott! Your back! The forum isn't the same without you.....being Catholic isn't a deterrent to watching bad films! I always enjoyed your zen outlook on films of phlem! Please come back!

Nothing wrong with B-Movies. Just cutting out all my distractions. Discovered the book THE WAY OF A PILGRIM that speaks about the Jesus Prayer and how you can pray unceasingly as it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17. It goes like this "Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy On Me".

The prayer has a rhythm that goes with the breath and heart beat while focused internally around the your heart region.

Inhale: Lord (1st Beat), Jesus (2nd Beat), Christ (3rd Beat)
Exhale: Have (1st Beat), Mercy (2nd Beat), On Me (3rd Beat)

Do this about 100 times a day. Then increase it in the weeks to follow. This is an ancient Christian Prayer. It's not the whole prayer, but this is the short silent prayer of the heart.

Jesus is the very Heart of God. You must acknowledge the sacrifice that God has made in order to enter heaven. You didn't ask to be in this world and you will not get out of here without God's help. We must humble ourselves and ask for mercy.

We miss you man, I always loved you skew on the world.   Take care of yourself and stay in touch occasionally. 

Thanks Trek Geezer. Change the World? World Pilgrimage? Retire to a Monastery? ...........We'll see........what comes to pass. Keep up to date with me through Youtube or Facebook. Working on something that may take some time to get started. Going to put you guys on my prayer list. You'll be surprised.

Thumbup

Glad to see you back!

And wow, converting is a huge decision.  Was it rather difficult, since I imagine it's a fairly big decision? [no need to answer if it's too personal]

In any case congratulations!  I may not be too religious but the words 'greatest moment of my life' must mean you're very satisfied with the decision!

Dean,

Yes, it's truely the greatest and most important moment of my life. Though there can be dynamic turning points in ones life and salvation can come quickly as in the thief on the cross next to Jesus. Jesus said "Today you will be with me in paradise". The thief on the cross was fortunate in this sense, but if your on this planet longer then conversion takes time in my opinion. Time only gives you more time to error. Deep conversion takes even longer. Just as you are conditioned over years of worldly things it takes time to remove those things that are in your way. For me it took about 2 years just to get to the Easter Vigil, make a profession of faith, and be confirmed in the Church. About 7 months of RCIA in preperation. Plus the time it took to take that initial step to enter into RCIA. It didn't happen overnight. Consider the video below. I find myself listening to it often. 

Small | Large

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »

Wow, Scott/Conan/Wolfgang, I'd been wondering where you went.  I'm very happy to hear that the reason for your disappearance was positive and not negative. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »

Scott!  Good to hear from you, and it is good to hear that you have found such joy in your faith.  Best wishes.

"Tropic Thunder" had some good parts, some very good parts, but it wasn't a pure gutbuster for me.  Quite a few of the newer comedies seem to fall short.  Part of that is comparing them to so many others that found the right mix, and made me laugh until it hurt.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 09:40:02 PM »

Wow, Scott/Conan/Wolfgang, I'd been wondering where you went.  I'm very happy to hear that the reason for your disappearance was positive and not negative. 

Thank You Rev. Powell..............Peace be with you.

Scott!  Good to hear from you, and it is good to hear that you have found such joy in your faith.  Best wishes.

"Tropic Thunder" had some good parts, some very good parts, but it wasn't a pure gutbuster for me.  Quite a few of the newer comedies seem to fall short.  Part of that is comparing them to so many others that found the right mix, and made me laugh until it hurt.

Andrew, Tropic Thunder had some elements I didn't want to touch on here, but must admit it had it's moments. Thanks for your kind comment regarding faith.

Dean,

Yes, it's truly the greatest and most important moment of my life. Though there can be dynamic turning points in ones life and salvation can come quickly as in the thief on the cross next to Jesus. Jesus said "Today you will be with me in paradise". The thief on the cross was fortunate in this sense, but if your on this planet longer then conversion takes time in my opinion. Time only gives you more time to error. Deep conversion takes even longer. Just as you are conditioned over years of worldly things it takes time to remove those things that are in your way. For me it took about 2 years just to get to the Easter Vigil, make a profession of faith, and be confirmed in the Church. About 7 months of RCIA in preparation. Plus the time it took to take that initial step to enter into RCIA. It didn't happen overnight. Consider the video below. I find myself listening to it often. 

This paragraph was a bit cloudy. Let me clear it up a bit.

Conversion is conversion, but to go deeper takes time. God's mercy is greater than our mistakes. Recognize what God has done through the willing sacrifice of Jesus the Son of God and follow Him. If you error start over again. Keep moving forward. God has earned the right to save and judge the living and the dead. Love God and keep God's other commandments. Seek the presence and glory of God and avoid distractions of vain glory and self indulgence. It's really quite amazing when you think about it. God comes to earth takes on human form and all the same things we humans must suffer and much much more. This is the love of God towards mankind. Like I mentioned before we didn't ask to be here and we aren't getting out of here without God's help.

Again I'd like to thank all my friends here at badmovies.org. for years of friendship.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:42:08 PM by Wolfgang » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »

How's the weather in South Africa? Yes, we share lots in common. Remember those were fresh undies. Never used. Lost the receipt and had to find them a good home. No point in wasting 100% cotton. 
BounceGiggle

Weather? freezing in the morning.  Buggedout

It's been almost a year since Dad passed and since you sent them to me ~ you will always be blessed by me and Mom for making us have a good belly laugh at an awful time. My mom still chuckles over them and it is good to see her smile.  Smile

Raffine

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »

Ditto-ing Rev. Powell.

I'll always think of you whenever I see a drum corp show or hunt for Bigfoot in the patch of woods behind my house.

Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Scott

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:18 AM »

It's been almost a year since Dad passed and since you sent them to me ~ you will always be blessed by me and Mom for making us have a good belly laugh at an awful time. My mom still chuckles over them and it is good to see her smile.  Smile

Everything happens for a reason. May God bless you and your parents with Eternal Salvation. We believe in the Catholic Church that those that have passed on can still be prayed for and be with God. 

Ditto-ing Rev. Powell.

I'll always think of you whenever I see a drum corp show or hunt for Bigfoot in the patch of woods behind my house.

Smile

Almost caught bigfoot on film the other day. Drum Corps season is just around the corner.

Will pray for all my good friends here at badmovies.org. May God visit you all in some significant way as only God would. 

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »

Everything happens for a reason. May God bless you and your parents with Eternal Salvation. We believe in the Catholic Church that those that have passed on can still be prayed for and be with God. 

Bless you, my friend.  Smile

I believe that the reason Dad passed was because he was sick with Alzheimer's amongst many other ailments, and couldn't do much of anything anymore. He was so ill in fact that the last time he was in hospital in December 2007, he didn't even know where he was, much less who the woman was that came to visit him with me. It was his wife of 51 years, sadly.  Bluesad

One funny thing though: something must have percolated through that it was Christmas, as he decided to go and wish all in the hospital a Merry Christmas. No problem there, but all Dad had on was his hospital bracelet and his IV.  TeddyR

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:29:41 AM by Trevor » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Just wanted to say "hello". « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.