Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:15:49 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  most depressing movie you have seen « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: most depressing movie you have seen  (Read 63240 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:35 AM »

You're all wrong!

THE most depressing movie of all time is....

Threads.

I strongly recommend NOT looking it up on youtube.

My poor soul was crushed without watching the whole movie.

I guess Im a glutton for punishment because I found threads and watched it. It was depressing for sure but it scared me more than anything.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »

You're all wrong!

Threads.

I guess Im a glutton for punishment because I found threads and watched it. It was depressing for sure but it scared me more than anything.

I watched THREADS in a class in college.  The professor didn't announce in advance that we would be watching it nor did he tell anone what it was about.  A lot of people were freaked out by it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
PhilosophyMixtapes
New Visitor

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:57 AM »

By far the most depressing movie I have ever seen was Requiem For A Dream. I couldn't sleep that night and haven't been able to watch the movie since.
bmoviesandbasslines
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »

Not particularly mainstream but two movies I saw fairly recently:
Flavia The Heretic
Begotten
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »

Flavia The Heretic
Begotten

Interesting.  I didn't find BEGOTTEN depressing, because the characters were too abstract, and therefore impossible to identify with. Personally, it's hard to say what emotion I took away from the movie.  It was a complex combination of disturbance, fascination, intoxication, and boredom (by the end).  I'm not saying at all that your response was illegitimate by any means; it's certainly a movie that everyone takes away something different from.

FLAVIA is a movie I've always wanted to see just because I find the title interesting, and the whole concept of nunsploitiation as sort of dirty and intriguing. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bmoviesandbasslines
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »

Flavia The Heretic
Begotten

Interesting.  I didn't find BEGOTTEN depressing, because the characters were too abstract, and therefore impossible to identify with. Personally, it's hard to say what emotion I took away from the movie.  It was a complex combination of disturbance, fascination, intoxication, and boredom (by the end).  I'm not saying at all that your response was illegitimate by any means; it's certainly a movie that everyone takes away something different from.

FLAVIA is a movie I've always wanted to see just because I find the title interesting, and the whole concept of nunsploitiation as sort of dirty and intriguing. 

You're right, Begotten is really one of those movies that everyone will take away something different from, just for me I got the whole 'Humanity is evil' thing.
'Flavia' is certainly worth checking out, it's a cut above the usual Nunsploitation flick and you really end up feeling for Flavia and everything she goes through by about the half way point. I won't say anymore as not to ruin it.
venomx
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

Most depressing movie, ummm ... Vulgar.

It's about a clown that gets raped, no lie. I remember Howard Stern said DONT WATCH IT! and what did I do? I watched it. Really depressing, made me sick for days.  Bluesad
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »

It's about a clown that gets raped, no lie. I remember Howard Stern said DONT WATCH IT! and what did I do? I watched it. Really depressing, made me sick for days.  Bluesad

I shall have to check that one out, heh.

p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »

I always thought the original ending to "Evil Dead III:Army of Darkness" where Ash goes through all that demon bullsh*t just to wake up in a post-apocalyptic junkyard was a downer.... I'm one of the few who's glad they re-shot it.

(The king deserves a happy ending)
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2009, 01:47:50 AM »

I shall have to check that one out, heh.

Vulgar was a pretty bleak movie interesting only as it had Dante from Clerks in the lead role.

As for the original Rip Van Winkle ending for Army of Darkness it was a set-up for Evil Dead IV where Ash would have been this time the "primitive screwhead" as opposed to the man from the future with all the technology. While the original ending makes sense if the series was to continue, the re-shoot is one of my favorite sequences and a nod to Chuck Connors who had passed away the year before.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2009, 08:55:31 AM »

There are lots of sad films... TESTAMENT, though, is damned depressing. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
p1zl3
Dedicated Viewer

Kill'n it...

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »

Yeah, "Vulgar" was brutal... I realized I was in way over my head and shut-er'-down about 20min into the movie. From what I'm reading; I'm glad I did...  TongueOut
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:02 PM »

BUG
Let The Right One In
Sounds Like
Philosophy of a Knife
Night of the Living Dead
Ichi the Killer
The Devils Rejects
Kids

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2009, 05:19:39 AM »

Thirteen.

This depressed me for many, many reasons... Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
voltron

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 02:59:56 PM »

You're all wrong!

Threads.

I totally agree with this. The ending of Threads almost destroyed me.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  most depressing movie you have seen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.