Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:18:25 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Trek plot holes explained...The Trouble with Quibbles « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Star Trek plot holes explained...The Trouble with Quibbles  (Read 9909 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: May 11, 2009, 07:25:47 AM »

Copied and pasted from an imdb poster.

1) How can a supernova destroy an entire galaxy? - Because it was a really BIIIIGGGG supernova.

2) How can a mining ship outgun a federation starship? - Because the mining ship mines guns. DUH

3) What was the purpose of young Kirk destroying a rare vintage Corvette? - To cash in on the insurance money so he can buy a crappy hover motorcycle.

4) How did Kirk get to be first officer while he was still a cadet? - Because Starfleet had to make him captain before the movie was over.

5) Why was Spock and Uhura making out in the middle of a crisis? - Because it's just sooooooooooo naughty.

6) Why didn't the three divers encounter heat resistance upon entering Vulcan's atmosphere? - Because they had tiny little fans in their helmets, of course.

7) How could Spock witness the destruction of Vulcan from another planet which wasn't a Vulcan moon? - Because he has super Spock eyes.

8) What was Nero doing for 25 years? - Aiming all weapons at that damn black hole waiting on slow azz Spock.

9) Why did Spock start dating Uhura? - 'Cause he ain't gay, that's why.

10) Why didn't the diving team just bring phasers? - Because Sulu's swiss army sword was waaaaaaaayyyyyy cooler.

11) Why does the bridge of the Enterprise have a windshield instead of a viewscreen? - Because Uhura is hot and Starfleet wants the whole galaxy to see that sweet thang.

12) Why does the enterprise bridge look like a hair salon? - No, I'm askin'.

13) Why didn't Spock eventually make his way to the federation outpost which was in walking distance? - Because of that big, scary, mean thingy.

14) How did Scotty suddenly become the head of engineering when he was an intruder? - Because he's good friends with the captain who was also an intruder.

15) Why didn't Spock just throw Kirk in the brig? - 'Cause Spock ain't stupid, he saw the way Uhura was checking out Kirk's package.

16) Why are there turbines on a starship? - Because JJ Abrams misread the Middle-Eastern cultural diversity memo from the studio.

17) Why do old Star Trek fans have a problem with this movie? - Because old people like story-type stuff like back in ancient times. They don't like action-type stuff like us really smart young people.

NOW TAKE THAT, YOU STAR TREK HATERS! ARE YOU SATISFIED NOW?

I'm convinced that the poster nicked it from someone eles.
It's far too funny to come from an imdb poster.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:39:15 PM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »

Nice one doggett and I agree about the post being too clever for IMDB. but you should have named this post "The Trouble with Quibbles".

Sorry my geek is showing.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »

Nice one doggett and I agree about the post being too clever for IMDB. but you should have named this post "The Trouble with Quibbles".

Sorry my geek is showing.

Nope.
Changed it just for you,HR.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 05:54:35 PM »

This reminds me of some song lyrics Derf posted a while back (about halfway down the page):
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114668.0.html

And the video (also thanks to Derf!):
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,118904.0.html

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

Awful film....

very funny.  Smile

Two questions?

Why the hell did they drill into the planet when that red matter creates black holes? seriously.. Why bother? Fire it onto the planet...

Also how come the first battle lasted a nice long time period but when the fleet (The joke of a fleet crewed by a bunch of students as all the other ships where elsewhere) managed to last a few seconds? lol 

Very stupid film. Wish I had saved my money.  Thumbdown

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Star Trek plot holes explained...The Trouble with Quibbles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.