Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:38:05 PM
714485 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had surgery yesterday... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I had surgery yesterday...  (Read 2026 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:19:27 AM »

I had what was called a pilonidal cyst.  What kind of cyst is that, you ask?  Let's just say it's a real pain in the butt. 

This is the second time I've had one.  The first time would be eleven or so years ago.  The surgery I had then was worse, because the cyst was the size of a fist.  This time, it was roughly the size of my thumb.  The drugs they used this time were a lot less inconvenient (better than the spinal block I had last time), and much more effective.  I basically remember being taken into the OR, hearing a bunch of clattering and clanging, thinking, "God, they going to start cutting me or what?" and then the next thing I know they're pushing me into the recovery room and saying it went well. 

The good news is: I get a week off from work, two orders of hydrocone, and enough time to scrape my movie backlog down to nothing, as well as some time to write more of my story. 

The bad news: I have to take a week off work without pay becuase I've only worked at the hospital four months. 

So far, it's going well.  I've watched a ton of movies over the last few days, but I'm running low.  I'm down to my last six films, and being as I can't go anywhere because my doctor discourages long bouts of walking as it might cause me to bleed overmuch, I usually watch about 3-4 movies at a go.  Well, that's one cyst down, and one more to go.  I also have one on my chest that will need to be removed eventually.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:40:23 AM »

All good wishes for a speedy recovery, Joe.  Smile Cheers

I googled the condition and now I see what you mean by a pain in the butt.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 07:56:36 AM »

Do you have to do that packing with gauze thing.  My brother had one of those and it is literally a pain in the but. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 11:00:01 AM »

Glad to hear you're well, and enjoy your downtime!

Remember to get rid of any unused hydrocodone; you don't want that stuff lying around the house.  Send it to me if you want and I'll dispose of it properly.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »

About 20 years ago I had a cyst about the size of a grape at the tip of my tail bone.  The doctor said it might have been caused by doing sit-ups.  He told me to stop doing sit-ups and he may have had me sit on a heating pad or something simple like that . . . I really can't rmember.  But it eventually shrunk and disappeared and, luckily, I never needed surgery.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:18:04 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »

Remember to get rid of any unused hydrocodone; you don't want that stuff lying around the house.  Send it to me if you want and I'll dispose of it properly.

I go one better:  I'll send you cheesy movies. The worst I can find....
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 01:03:06 PM »

I go one better:  I'll send you cheesy movies. The worst I can find....

OK, I accept your offer.  This is now a binding contract.   Wink

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »

Here's to a good recovery my man!  Drink

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 03:00:41 AM »

Thanks everyone!  Sadly, this vacation is getting closer to done with.  Maybe I'll have to have a few more cysts removed to get some more time off.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »

I had what was called a pilonidal cyst.  What kind of cyst is that, you ask?  Let's just say it's a real pain in the butt.  

This is the second time I've had one.  The first time would be eleven or so years ago.  The surgery I had then was worse, because the cyst was the size of a fist.  This time, it was roughly the size of my thumb.  The drugs they used this time were a lot less inconvenient (better than the spinal block I had last time), and much more effective.  I basically remember being taken into the OR, hearing a bunch of clattering and clanging, thinking, "God, they going to start cutting me or what?" and then the next thing I know they're pushing me into the recovery room and saying it went well.  

The good news is: I get a week off from work, two orders of hydrocone, and enough time to scrape my movie backlog down to nothing, as well as some time to write more of my story.  

The bad news: I have to take a week off work without pay becuase I've only worked at the hospital four months.  

So far, it's going well.  I've watched a ton of movies over the last few days, but I'm running low.  I'm down to my last six films, and being as I can't go anywhere because my doctor discourages long bouts of walking as it might cause me to bleed overmuch, I usually watch about 3-4 movies at a go.  Well, that's one cyst down, and one more to go.  I also have one on my chest that will need to be removed eventually.

I know your pain my friend.  Had two of them my self, and had three surgeries regarding them.  The first one that I had the doctor removed and then stitched me up.  About 6 months later, I get a relapse and get another surgery.  This time the doctor left about a 6 inch long and about an 1 1/2 inch gap to heal from the inside out.  That left me off work for 3 months.  Fast forward to 6 months later, the area where I had surgery is failing to stay shut, so I end going to see a plastic surgeon to have that fixed.  Doctor basically stitches the top of my cheeks together and I now have a wonderful backwards number 7 scar on my buttocks.  

Anyways, it's not really healing that great so the doctor wants me to get another surgery and just have it heal from the inside out again but just the top part.  I wasn't sure if I could get away without surgery so I went and got a second opinion from the surgeon who did my first two surgeries.  He said that I couldn't get away without another surgery so sometime this fall I'll be getting my 4th surgery for this but first I have to get some laser hair treatments to help with some of the hair that bugging part of my open area.

Had a cyst removed from my belly button region back in April (The doctor and the surgeon I saw about this at first said that I had a hernia since it looked like one.)  So the surgeon orders a CT scan (The contrast stuff I had to drink was quite tasty but it didn't make me feel so great later on.) which ends up finding out it was a cyst which I think was a shock for everyone.  The surgery went fine, I just now had an almond shape area on what used to be my belly button.  The only hard part about that surgery was that the doctor had to cut through my muscle wall to see if this cyst went to my bladder or not (Thank god it didn't.)

Anyways got another surgery at the end of July for more skin problems which could leave me off work for a month or so just depends on how well I recover from it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:04:08 AM by asimpson2006 » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »

Wow asimpson... sounds like a medical nightmare.  Good luck, I hope the docs finally get it right and you can get back to living a life that's not constantly disrupted by surgery. 

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

Wow asimpson... sounds like a medical nightmare.  Good luck, I hope the docs finally get it right and you can get back to living a life that's not constantly disrupted by surgery. 

yea it's quite bad with me.  The doctor who worked on my stomach looked at the other stuff I had done and basically said that "I was the worst case of this specific problem that I have ever seen" which didn't make me feel any better.  Hopefully with this next surgery this should lessen some changes of other stuff coming back, and hopefully I might be able to avoid another surgery in the fall.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I had surgery yesterday... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.