Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:04:26 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Winterbeast « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Winterbeast  (Read 33095 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:39 AM »

This is a horribly incoherent film, and it has way too much plaid (way too much), but the stop motion monsters are fun to watch.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »

I've seen movies like this before with extremely bad editing and that are incoherent.  Jaws 4 and Dead or Alive are some good examples, but they may not be this bad.  Anyways, good review on the movie.

Though something caught my attention, there is no Buy It label at the top of the review like usual.  Is the movie only available through the Winterbeast website?  Speaking of which, if it is only available through that site, how did you come across it?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »

Despite how awful this movie looks, I feel I need to see it.  It reminds me of The Crater Lake Monster, which wasn't so incoherent, but had similar stop animation.   TeddyR
Erskine
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

The creature from the 2nd image looks like a low-tech wooden GIR from Invader Zim...

:^)
Earthbound_X
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »

Is it possible to buy this movie anywhere? There's no link to Amazon like a lot of your reviews.

I need a new bad movie to watch, and this sounds pretty bad.
Earthbound_X
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »

OK, I found where to buy it.

Here's the link.

http://www.winterbeast.com/2009_002.htm

EDIT BY ANDREW:  Just correcting the link.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:37:27 AM by Andrew » Logged
Earthbound_X
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:06:19 PM »

Oh, very cool, it's just 7.99, shipping seems to be free.

They use Paypal.
bryan
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:40 AM »

The video clip made me put this on the top of my Netflix list.   I love stop motion, but the plaid scares me.  I'll have to get back to you if my head survives the plaid.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »

Following a bizarre nightmare that involves a rotting friend and a wiggly monster

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I think you must have a Webcam on me when I'm sleeping, Andrew.  TeddyR Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »

Though something caught my attention, there is no Buy It label at the top of the review like usual.  Is the movie only available through the Winterbeast website?  Speaking of which, if it is only available through that site, how did you come across it?

Writer and director Christopher Thies contacted me about the film.  I still do not accept screeners, but I ordered a copy from the site since it interested me.  After watching it, the need to write a review finally became overwhelming.

Is it possible to buy this movie anywhere? There's no link to Amazon like a lot of your reviews.

For independent films like this I place a link at the bottom of the review (if the film is available).

The video clip made me put this on the top of my Netflix list.   I love stop motion, but the plaid scares me.  I'll have to get back to you if my head survives the plaid.

It's a whole lot of plaid.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »

Wow...Andrew Borntreger : Marine, B-movie reviewer, masochist...a man among men.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Mykal Banta
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »

Andrew: Oh, Man, I am so in for this film. It sounds right up my alley. Plus, you have to love a character that becomes a park ranger (normally a noble pursuit) so that he can score chicks. I can only repeat: I am so in!
Thanks to Earthbound for supplying a buyer's link.
Great review! I even love the fact that it was basically unfinished. -- Mykal
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »

Well, they got my money, and, in a bad movie way, it was worth every penny.

It looks like they shot this thing over a ten year period, with characters aging drastically from shot to shot. Just how many different fake mustaches did that ranger wear, anyway?

The short bits of animation are the highlights, but all the creatures seem to suffer from some neurological defect that makes them wiggle their heads and wave their arms constantly. At least the monsters don't wear plaid.

Very little of this makes any sense (ex. why did the weird lodge owner have those PSYCHO-ish coprses all over the house, and why did he don that clown mask and dance around? Why did nobody in town seem to notice the giant chicken monster flopping down the main drag? And what happened to all the ani-monsters anyway?), but learning they never finished the thing explains a lot, I guess.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »

That random, disjointed animation clip has got to be one of the most unintentionally terrifying things that I've ever seen! Creepy stuff, I really need to see the rest of those weird critters.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 10:13:29 PM »

A friend of mine got in Winterbeast thias past weekend and we suffered through it on Memorial Day.

In addition to not being able to figure out what in the hell was going on for the duration of the movie, the "acting" made me want to go to sleep.

The fun and crappy stop motion animation is what saves me from giving this movie a complete rock bottom rating. Too bad there wasn't a whole lot more of it.

And all of that plaid, my god, the plaid............... 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Winterbeast « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.