Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:40:01 PM
714405 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Badmovies.org - Origins « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Badmovies.org - Origins  (Read 7870 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »

Mine is one that goes back 20+ years ago when I join a Star Trek fan group's Klingon division. This was prior to the printing of the Klingon dictionary so no one was exactly sure how to spell "Michael" in Klingonese so they used the name meQal (pronounced mi-KEL). After the Klingon dictionary was printed two words in the Klingon language were found that combined would spell out my handle which means burns bright. Also if you visit any other forums and see the handle being used, odds are it's me as well cause no one else uses it as far as I have been able to find.
My avatar changes from time to time. As of this posting I have used 3. One of Dr. McCoy in a pic simular to the famous Obama Time Magazine cover, a pic of the Repoman from Repo The Genetic Opera, and my pet rabbit Luna with one of my favorite phrases.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:23 AM »

I like the ultra-cheezy 1950s B-movies the best.  One of these (which I ironically haven't gotten a chance to see yet) is "Invasion of the Saucermen" with creature effects by underappreciated master Paul Blaisdell.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »

doggett - My favourite cahracter from the X Files. And I watched the show from the first series !

I use a bat becuae I'm a huge batman fan...but I didn't want to come across as a fanboy.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »

My real name is Chris.

Circus Circus was the name the band W.A.S.P. used 6 months before they adopted their famous acronym. W.A.S.P. are my favourite band of all time, so much so, that I have their logo tattooed on my arm.

I also thought it was fitting as one of my earliest memories was going to the circus with my mom & dad when I was about 3-4. A clown took me into the ring and spun some hats and balls on my finger, but I was crying my eyes out and hearing everyone laughing. It's my earliest memory of being afraid, nervous and disliking being a focal point in social situations. (I spent 2 years as a recluse) I wasn't afraid of the clown, just being in front of all the people. I like clowns alot, I like the fact that other people fear the imagery of them.  TeddyR

Paquita

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »

Dead Alive is my favorite romantic comedy  BounceGiggle.  Paquita is a cute name.  Done!

My picture is me from a zombie pin-up contest that I lost to 2 dudes in drag (or really ugly girls) dressed as the "intestwins", 2 girls in goth lolita costumes (not fair!), and some girl who said she came from the Rocky Horror convention, I think she was dressed as Magenta or something.  Don't look it up though, their "photographer" took really horrible pictures, my husband has better ones.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

I replied to both of those original threads but, I never did truely explain why I chose the name and avatar.
As for my name it was the name of a world war 2 b-26 bomber that flew over 300 missions. I always thought it sounded kind of cool, also its pretty original, I have yet to encounter another flackbait online.

As for the avatar  I wanted something creepy and as you can see... its pretty creepy. But whats really wierd is I have no Idea where this picture is real or not, so for all I know this really is a guys head on a stake! Buggedout
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »

Javakoala was working in the lab, late one night, when his friends accidentally killed the zombie hooker they'd hired to give him a fright.  That's when he drank some mash, white lighting with a bite, that's right he drank some mash, and got so blind drunk he didn't know what he was ordering on eBay.  Nine months later I arrived on his door step with the package; POSTAGE DUE!

He took one look at my ugly face, the condition of the package, and uttered some obscure Babylonian curses: that began and ended with KESTER . . . PELAGIUS!

I liked the sound of those two words so much I decided to use them as my screen name.

Wink

BounceGiggle

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

My name is Ronald Christopher Merchant....and I always use a pic of Lugosi.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 07:28:26 AM »

As for the avatar  I wanted something creepy and as you can see... its pretty creepy. But whats really wierd is I have no Idea where this picture is real or not, so for all I know this really is a guys head on a stake! Buggedout

Flackbait ~ I'm pretty sure that your avatar pic comes from the Vietnam War and it might even be one of the legendary photographer Don McCullin's pictures.

AAAARGGGHHHH...... you see? There's the historian in me coming out again!!!  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 10:32:19 AM »

Hammock riding is one of my favorite ways to spend a lazy summer day. In the back yard, down by the river, wherever. It's more than a user name, it's a lifestyle.

My avatar is whatever appeals to me at the time. Right now I'm going through a bit of a Seagal phase.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 04:15:47 PM »

Just the initials of my christian and middle names (Joseph John) and the second half of my year of birth (1980). My avatar is (nearly) always the creature from "Gorgo" my favourite monster movie.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:17:36 PM by JJ80 » Logged

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »

beetlejuice from the Howard Stern show.  He said his name was lester green or Lester jr or lester 1/2jr a joke on the fact that he's a dwarf.   I thought it was brilliant.  I met Ba ba booey once and told him and he had no idea what I was talking about  Cheers

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:55:02 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

My name is Ed, and my avatar was PIPBoy from the Fallout series of games (VaultBoy for you F3 players).  But I broke it and have not fixed it yet. 

Boy, as an origin story that really really sucks.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »

Flackbait ~ I'm pretty sure that your avatar pic comes from the Vietnam War and it might even be one of the legendary photographer Don McCullin's pictures.

AAAARGGGHHHH...... you see? There's the historian in me coming out again!!!  Wink
Thanks Trevor, I tried looking that up, but I did not find any matches in Don McCullins pictures (of course that was just a brief search).
Although I'm pretty certain thats a US style M1 helmet which was used during the vietnam war. And the Viet Cong was known to be extremely harsh to the prisoners they took, so this photo does have a good chance of being real (which creeps the hell out of me). Thats the history major coming out in me!  Smile
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »

Shortly after RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK came out, I was arrowhead hunting with a buddy of mine on a local river when we had to cross a narrow, deep feeder creek on a footlog.  He made it across; I was 3/4 of the way when the log snapped - I reached up and grabbed a convenient vine (I'd been eyeing it ever since the log started to sag), swung across, and grabbed a tree trunk to pull myself up on the bank next to him.  He said "Dude!  You're just like that Indiana Jones guy!!"

I said "True, but unlike that wimp Harrison Ford, I'm not afraid of snakes!"

He started calling me "Indiana Smith" at school the next week, and so the legend was born.

The avatar is a Mosasaur skull that I excavated back in 1997 - one of the largest and most complete Mosasaur clidastes  ever found in Texas!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Badmovies.org - Origins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.