Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:59:46 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Survey « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie Survey  (Read 2443 times)
AndyC
« on: March 22, 2002, 06:00:00 PM »

A friend and I are trying to organize a movie night for about 20-30 people, and we're trying to decide on what to show. We're going to survey the people who are coming, giving them a choice of ten movies for each of five genres, then calculate the winning five movies. So, I have the task of coming up with five lists of ten, preferably available on DVD. What better way to do this than to survey you guys?

The categories are horror, sci-fi, monster, action, comedy.

What coices should go on the lists?
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2002, 06:03:50 PM »

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a B-Movie or not, but check out the Basketcase movies, they are sure to please!!
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 06:56:45 PM »

Doesn't have to be a B-Movie by the strictest definition. Any cheesy, off-beat, or cult movie will do.
Future Blob
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 11:56:19 PM »

Evil Clutch? Dumb and bad.

Death Machine, a personal favorite

Raptor/Carnosaur movies!
Drezzy
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2002, 12:14:25 AM »

As long as you have The Toxic Avenger on the list somewhere, you should all have fun.
Dr. Freex
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 03:03:19 AM »

I love things like this.  (But which list does Evil Dead II go on?)

Horror:  The Haunting (definitely NOT the deBont version!),  The Seventh Curse, The Wicker Man, Bride of Frankenstein, From Dusk Till Dawn, Evil Dead II, Phantasm, Theater of Blood, Bad Taste.

Sci-Fi:  Battle Beyond the Stars, Zardoz, The Matrix, Fiend Without A Face,  Missile to the Moon, The Blob (either version - I love both.  Son of Blob, even better),  The Brain That Wouldn't Die, MST-ed or not.

Monster:  Some ot the earlier entries (Blob, Fiend) can overlap here.  Jaws, It!  The Terror From Beyond Space!, Practically any Godzilla movie.  The aforementioned Basket Case movies. The Lost Continent.

Action - Supercop, Hard Boiled, The Kid With the Golden Arm, Spy Kids, Charlie's Angels, Evil Dead II (there it is again), The Mysterious Island, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, El Dorado, The Conquerer, Krull

Comedy - Good luck finding anything by the Marx Bros.  I have my DVD of Duck Soup and it ain't leavin' my side.  Kentucky Fried Movie, Zelig, Help!, The Producers, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Batman (1966 Adam West), Mr. Vampire, and, of course, Evil Dead II.

I know I'm going to think of a hundred titles after I click the "Post" button.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2002, 09:41:46 AM »

Well I throw in this bunch of films

Horror: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sci-Fi: The Green Slime

Monster: War of the Gargantuas

Action: Mad Max

Comedy: Stripes
systemcr4sh
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2002, 12:03:29 PM »

Just Plain Bad: Starcrystal, Skeeter, Trucks, Leprechaun 4: In Space, Chud 2 (Bad but hilarious!)

Return Of the Living Dead delivers in comedy, zombies, and nudity! Its al all round pleaser, along with toxic avenger (I know someone allready said it, but its awesome!)

Those should keep you busy, Especially StarCrystal, If anyone can sit through that without flinching at its badness I salute you! That ending....OH GOD THE ENDING! I'M HAVING FLASHBACKS TO WHEN I WATCHED IT ... AUUGGHH!

-Dan
Mofo Rising
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2002, 09:34:03 PM »

If you're looking for gore, DEAD ALIVE/BRAIN DEAD is a good place to start.  It is completely saturated in the most disgusting gore imaginable, but it's so over-the-top and good natured that people can't help but enjoy it.  My brother's girlfriend described it as "cute".

TROLL 2 is a good showcase for ineptitude.  Keep the atmosphere mirthful though or everybody may kill you.

EVIL DEAD 2 is always good.

BEASTMASTER.  Yup, BEASTMASTER.

Now if you want to get rid of everybody, throw in something like BLOODSUCKING FREAKS.
Deej
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2002, 10:51:27 PM »

Dead-Alive probably belongs in all five categories(Billy Jack too), it's a MUST!!
These are some of my favorites.

Monster: Them!

Action: Hard-Boiled

Comedy: This is Spinal Tap

Horror: The Uninvited(1944)

Sci-Fi: This Island Earth
Hamish
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2002, 04:29:07 PM »

ahem ahem  Braindead and Bad Taste hahha
john
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2002, 09:46:07 PM »

Horror: Horror Express, Without Warning, Haunted (might be too good), Humongous, The Boogens, Silent Scream, He Knows You're Alone, Don't Go In The House, Don't Answer The Phone (Rhino DVD supposedly censored)

Sci-Fi: Galaxy Of Terror, Creature, Cyborg 2087, Dr. Who & the Daleks, Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D., The Shape of Things To Come (1979), Demon Seed, Starship Invasions, Silent Running, Logan's Run, Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, Robot Jox, Robot Wars, Trancers, Lifeform, Zone Troopers

Monster: Deep Star Six, Leviathon, Voyage Into Space, The Blob, The Crawling Eye, Godzilla vs. Megalon, Tremors

Action: Jake Speed, King Solomon's Mines, Kill & Kill Again, Kill Or be Killed, Mad Max, Silent Rage

Comedy: The Forbidden Zone, The First Nudie Musical, In God We Trust, The Beach Girls, Gorp, Meet The Applegates, The Stupids,
Lee
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2002, 11:51:58 PM »

The Frighteners, The Running Man, Drunken Master, They Live, King Kong vs. Godzilla, Army Of Darkness, Girlfriend From Hell, many others.
Lots of movies would be good viewing.
AndyC
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2002, 11:45:06 AM »

Here are the five lists I came up with on Saturday afternoon. There might be some question of the categories I chose to place the movies in. As was mentioned, some could fit in all of them. In those cases, I tried to avoid having too many good movies on the same list. Better to spread them out. I tried to offer a wide range of years and accommodate a variety of tastes. It will be interesting to see which movie wins the vote in each category.

Horror:
Dawn of the Dead
Dead Alive
Re-Animator
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
The Fall of the House of Usher
Return of the Living Dead
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
A Bucket of Blood
The Tingler
Phantasm

Sci-fi:
Dark Star
It! The Terror from Beyond Space
Battle Beyond the Stars
The Angry Red Planet
The Brain That Wouldn't Die
Missile to the Moon
Plan 9 from Outer Space
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
Quatermass and the Pit
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Monster:
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
The Killer Shrews
The Blob (1958)
Fiend Without a Face
Basket Case
Carnosaur
King Kong (1976)
The Monster that Challenged the World
Empire of the Ants

Action:
Big Trouble in Little China
Death Race 2000
Mad Max
The Road Warrior
Conan the Barbarian
The Beastmaster
Shaft (1971)
Super Ninja
Maximum Overdrive
The Sword and the Sorcerer

Comedy:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Toxic Avenger
Batman (Adam West)
Hercules in New York (early Schwarzenegger)
Repo Man
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Airplane!
Smokey and the Bandit
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie Survey « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.