Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:06:05 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Terminator Salvation « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 22815 times)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »

If you watch T1 and T2, you see those short segments that give us glimpses into the future, and you get extremely stoked and you're like "man, I really wanna see that... I hope they make a movie of THAT someday," but I think that, in general, you don't really mean that. 'Cause it works better with the mystery intact. It works better when you have no idea what's REALLY happening in the future, and you're imagination fills in the gaps for you. When you actually show us the things that've been only in our heads for years, then there's no way that it's gonna compare, and all you'll end up doing (as Salvation did) is ruin our own visions with mediocre ones contrived by half-interested writers pumping out a lackluster storyline in an interpretation of the mythos that pales in comparison to the brief glimpses we were given before.

The thing is, those short sequences in "Terminator" were done in 1984. They look far better than the whole of TS, made 25 years later with huge sums of money and "advanced" technology at the filmmakers disposal.  Lookingup

Even the crappy Sega and SNES Terminator games were more badass that this $ludge.

Isn't that a beeyotch?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »

If you watch T1 and T2, you see those short segments that give us glimpses into the future, and you get extremely stoked and you're like "man, I really wanna see that... I hope they make a movie of THAT someday," but I think that, in general, you don't really mean that. 'Cause it works better with the mystery intact. It works better when you have no idea what's REALLY happening in the future, and you're imagination fills in the gaps for you. When you actually show us the things that've been only in our heads for years, then there's no way that it's gonna compare, and all you'll end up doing (as Salvation did) is ruin our own visions with mediocre ones contrived by half-interested writers pumping out a lackluster storyline in an interpretation of the mythos that pales in comparison to the brief glimpses we were given before.

The thing is, those short sequences in "Terminator" were done in 1984. They look far better than the whole of TS, made 25 years later with huge sums of money and "advanced" technology at the filmmakers disposal.  Lookingup

Even the crappy Sega and SNES Terminator games were more badass that this $ludge.

I have to agree both the short sequences and the old games which managed to capture them, were excellent.

I just could not get past the whole taken people to harvest their flesh part of TS.... Made no sense like a few other parts.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

Poo on you all.  I like T4.   TongueOut

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
sp33dy
New Visitor

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »

I loved the start of this movie I thought it would blow the roof off but it didn't I hated this movie you just cant make a terminator movie without Arnold
akiratubo

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »

I loved the start of this movie I thought it would blow the roof off but it didn't I hated this movie you just cant make a terminator movie without Arnold

Sure you can.  You don't need Arnold, you just need Terminator robots.  I think T2 and T3 would have been stronger movies without Arnold, honestly.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that Skynet would keep cranking out Terminators that look alike.  Humans would catch on pretty quick that enormous, Austrian bodybuilders are not to be trusted.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »

Humans would catch on pretty quick that enormous, Austrian bodybuilders are not to be trusted.

Nonsense.  The citizens of California didn't.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 06:09:17 PM »

I'm with Akira on this, I like the movie and don't really care who doesn't.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »

I'm with Akira on this, I like the movie and don't really care who doesn't.

The pope has officially announced he disliked T4.

Joke.

Okay, I'll go back in my cage. ::sigh::

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »

...And I don't care who likes it.  TongueOut

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 08:26:24 AM »

I watched it for free...and I still feel cheated  Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 04:52:01 PM »

Wow.  You posters' thinking seems really linear.  

There are likely multiple scenarios wherein Skyenet will come to be.  We've witnessed one (or two).  What we've seen involved sending things or people from the future to create one of the scenarios that lead to Skyenet's existence.  It is reasonable to assume that they have now calculated the probabilities of various other scenarios.  There do, however, seem to be a few focal points in most of the probabilities.  Kyle, John, Sarah, Cyberdyne, etc.

The time travel rules haven't been violated beyond reasonability.  Yet.  But the franchise's linear contintuity is beginning to unravel as badly as Lost.  However, if you accept the concept of time travel, you must give up linear thinking.  All we can hope for now is a film with a better script and the soap opera acting that Terminator Salvation gave us.
Jim H

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

Wow.  You posters' thinking seems really linear.  

There are likely multiple scenarios wherein Skyenet will come to be.  We've witnessed one (or two).  What we've seen involved sending things or people from the future to create one of the scenarios that lead to Skyenet's existence.  It is reasonable to assume that they have now calculated the probabilities of various other scenarios.  There do, however, seem to be a few focal points in most of the probabilities.  Kyle, John, Sarah, Cyberdyne, etc.

The time travel rules haven't been violated beyond reasonability.  Yet.  But the franchise's linear contintuity is beginning to unravel as badly as Lost.  However, if you accept the concept of time travel, you must give up linear thinking.  All we can hope for now is a film with a better script and the soap opera acting that Terminator Salvation gave us.

I just have one final addendum when talking about timelines, time travel and plausibility: I find it a little strange people can accept a time paradox like the existence of John Connor but can't accept the paradox of a time loop closing (the intended conclusion of Terminator 2).
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

Drudging this topic up because I just watched the film.  Seeing I have thought just about every scenario brought up in this thread regarding time travel until the point of my head exploding, I decided to go into this endeavor by putting those thoughts aside.  I ended up with a movie that was enjoyable yet forgetable.  At times the direction seriously had no clue what the central focus should be.  I understand there were multiple characters but for me, the film jumped around too much between those characters.  The T-800 battle was nostalgic and fun but the CG was just awful looking.  Overall, not a bad reboot but like I said, I probably wont' be back. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

It was OK to me.  Better than some, worse than others in the series.  Loved the fight with the "Arnold" T model.  Honestly, this wasn't a series I was crazy about, so I can enjoy it without getting too worked up one way or another.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »

Whatever, I'm not going to give anybody a hard time over movie preferences. I liked it. Good popcorn flick. I do find it interesting that people are arguing plausability about time travel, the plausability of which is arguable to begin with. You'd be better off arguing plausability in regards to film depictions of black holes, that's at least something we're reasonably sure exists.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Terminator Salvation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.