Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:34:01 AM
715454 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Don't you just hate it when your team loses? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when your team loses?  (Read 7921 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 19, 2009, 01:32:01 AM »

South Africa's top ranked cricket team got their butts kicked. Again. They choked. Again. No guts, no glory, no T20 World Cup. What a bunch of over-paid, overhyped chokers.

They can never win when it truly counts (i.e. with the World Cup and T20 World Cup) and as far as I am concerned, they're a disgrace to the South African nation.

www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1020246

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:13:31 AM »

As a Dallas Mavericks fan, I feel your pain.  Bluesad Hatred hot

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:19:09 AM »

Being a fan of the Minnesota Vikings football team, I've gotten pretty used to watching my team lose over the last few years (Though last year they at least did halfway descent, as they finally benched their awful quarterback that the coach had so much faith in through two pathetic seasons).  It gets to be somewhat of a dark comedy I guess.  Hmmm, they ran the same play 5 times in a row and guess what?  The other team was expecting it.  Oh look, he missed his receiver by ten yards but managed to hit the guy on the other team right in the chest. 

Meh...you get used to it  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »

Englands youth time won their game last night and they're on to the semi's !

Where we will lose...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »

Being a fan of the Minnesota Vikings football team, I've gotten pretty used to watching my team lose over the last few years (Though last year they at least did halfway descent, as they finally benched their awful quarterback that the coach had so much faith in through two pathetic seasons).  It gets to be somewhat of a dark comedy I guess.  Hmmm, they ran the same play 5 times in a row and guess what?  The other team was expecting it.  Oh look, he missed his receiver by ten yards but managed to hit the guy on the other team right in the chest. 

Meh...you get used to it  TeddyR
Try being a Detriot lions fan! We set records 0-16 baby!
Seriously I always ask myself why do I support this team? I can't remember the last time we were in the playoffs,,, Heck the last time we won a champianship was back in 1957!
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:53:11 PM »

That's one of the reasons I don't get into watching sports.  I'd much rather watch a "bad" movie.
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:41:36 AM »

That's one of the reasons I don't get into watching sports.  I'd much rather watch a "bad" movie.

You stole the words right out of my mouth. 

And when people get unhinged when you even hint at saying anything against "their" team, wow, it's just a game...that involves billions of dollars.  I'm thinking we have some priority arranging to do in this country.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »

It does frighten me a bit how my mood can be depressed when my team loses.  But the highs of fandom make the lows worth it, if you keep things in perspective. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »

As a Manchester City F.C. fan, I know the feeling all too well. We win one game, then lose the next. We just say it's "typical City" when we do lose, it's no big deal as we can laugh it off. The club is so unpredictable, that's what makes it so damn entertaining. For instance a few seasons back, we beat Chelsea FC (the league champions), being the only team that campaign to do so. Then, the same season we got beat in the cup by Oldham, who are two leagues below us.

I only really hate it when we lose to the red scum, Man Utd. We have had to live in their shadow for years, whilst they amass millions of glory-hunting fans all over the world, who have never even been to Manchester. Hell, Man Utd aren't even from Manchester, they were called Newton Heath originally and reside in the borough of Trafford.

Ah, see now I'm ranting. I shall stop.  TeddyR

Doggett

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 01:02:44 PM »

As a Manchester City F.C. fan, I know the feeling all too well. We win one game, then lose the next. We just say it's "typical City" when we do lose, it's no big deal as we can laugh it off. The club is so unpredictable, that's what makes it so damn entertaining. For instance a few seasons back, we beat Chelsea FC (the league champions), being the only team that campaign to do so. Then, the same season we got beat in the cup by Oldham, who are two leagues below us.

With the money you guys now have you're the next Chelsea !

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »

A part of me wishes we weren't the richest club in the world now. We'll end up being hated by everyone just like Chelsea are now, have aload of "plastic" fans jumping on the bandwagon and a team full of foreigners. But, it'll be nice to win more games than lose them. I'm not getting my hopes up though, we've seen so many false dawns and the fans and the board need to have patience.

Doggett

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

A part of me wishes we weren't the richest club in the world now. We'll end up being hated by everyone just like Chelsea are now, have aload of "plastic" fans jumping on the bandwagon and a team full of foreigners. But, it'll be nice to win more games than lose them. I'm not getting my hopes up though, we've seen so many false dawns and the fans and the board need to have patience.

So you scared that Man City will be surounded by glory hunters ?
What if you won the league ?
Surely it's worth putting up with fake fans if you beat United...

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 04:50:08 PM »

I'm not much of a sports kind of guy, but I do hate when my team loses... at Team Fortress 2.  WHY DOESN'T ANYONE GUARD OUR BASE!?!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 04:57:37 PM »

So you scared that Man City will be surounded by glory hunters ?
What if you won the league ?
Surely it's worth putting up with fake fans if you beat United...

I don't think we'll win the league this season at all. We'll be about 3-4 seasons off, as we just need to qualify for Europe first. Then, we can attract the really big-name players. Saying that tho' I love our first team at the moment; Bellamy, Robinho, Ireland, Given, Bridge and SWP. As long as we start finishing above Utd, I'm not bothered about the league.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 08:47:17 AM »

I'm from Boston.  our teams never lose. what's it like?  I'm a bit jealous
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Don't you just hate it when your team loses? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.