Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:15:38 AM
714520 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unfinished Taped Films................ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unfinished Taped Films................  (Read 961 times)
Scott
« on: March 24, 2002, 09:36:23 AM »

I taped a bunch of AMC movies or the the past year and have only seen some of them part way through. Last night I finish five of them.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - Hammer version. I like the mask wore by the phantom and the ending was good. Classic Hammer material.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END - An early Roger Corman film about a radiation polution type monster that dosn't like water because its to pure. Basic Corman Material.

EQUINOX - A truely B-Movie if ever there was one. The flying devil creature was great. Looked like a claymation and it reminded me of the legend of the Jersey Devil. (since i currently live in S. Jersey). Truely a bad film yet watchable film.

BLACK SABBATH -  Boris Karloff stars in this Bava film that has three parts or stories in it. The first story has to do with this ring that belongs to this creepy looking dead lady, the second storie is about a killer watching a women on a telephone (Scream ?), and the last was visually great with Karloff himself playing the lead vampire. Best of the Bunch overall.

ROBINSON CARUSOE ON MARS - Great idea, great space outfits, oxygen from heated rocks, spaceships. Not a bad movie. Worth seeing once.

CURSE OF THE DEMON - Only seen the trailer last night and it looks interesting.
I seen the first 15 minutes of the film last year and I'm waiting for it to come back to AMC. The approaching demon scenes are great.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 12:36:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's "The Day the World Ended," not "Beginning of the End" (That one had Peter Graves and a bunch of giant grasshoppers).

As for Equinox... God, I love that movie! It's just so goofy, in a pretentious 60s college student sort of way. "Why, I just remembered-- Asmodeus is another word for the devil!" Prime late-night viewing.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2002, 04:27:43 PM »

Yea, it might of been THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED. Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I finished DEVIL DOLL. This is a good puppet movie, perhaps the first scary puppet movie?
Cullen
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2002, 05:22:06 PM »

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - Never seen the Hammer version.  Herbert Lom, though, is one of the neatest actors out there.

THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED/THE BEGINNING OF THE END - I saw both "The Day the World Ended" and its remake "In the Year 2889" when I was but a wee lad.  I remember liking both, which can't be right, because ItY2889 is a Larry Buchanan film.

That's neither here nor there.  I caught some of TDtWE a couple of years back and couldn't sit through it.  Now, have my tastes improved since I was a kid, of has my tolerance lessened...  The world may never know (or care).

"The Beginning of the End" REALLY REALLY wants to be "Them.”  Honest.  It doesn't make it.  Still an entertaining picture.

EQUINOX - Another favorite as a kid.  I watched it again not to long ago and still liked it.  The special effects are the best part (like so many of the movies made today…)

BLACK SABBATH - "Best of the bunch overall" is right.  This was my first Bava film and I was more or less made a fan of his from that point on.  Not as good as "Black Sunday" or as weird as "Lisa and the Devil,” but one of the best damn anthology pictures out there.  Not that that's saying much....

ROBINSON CARUSOE ON MARS - I've always been partial to this one, and I'm not sure why.  I only manage to catch the last half of the movie, and it doesn't stick out in my memory, even after repeated viewing, but a feeling of fondness remains.

CURSE OF THE DEMON - This one's a damn good horror movie that's worth the wait.  Based on M. R. James's "Casting the Runes", it's directed by Jacques Tourneur , the director of "Cat People" and "I Walked with a Zombie".  One of his best, as far as I'm concerned.
john
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2002, 10:02:29 PM »

Equinox - I watched this a *LONG* time ago and seem to remember hating it, however as the years go by my memories of it get fonder. I seem to recall that it had the same kind of feel as The Horror Of Bigfoot where some college students accidentally revive a clay-covered bigfoot-like creature.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unfinished Taped Films................ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.