Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:34:50 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Supernatural « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 7345 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 11, 2009, 11:02:28 AM »

Anybody else watch this?  I used to laugh and make fun of the show when I would see the commercials for it, but my brother mentioned to me in an email that he watches it, and he said he thought I would like it.  So I watched one based on his recommendation.  I didn't want to like it, and I didn't expect to like it (I've never cared for CW or WB network shows in general).  To make a long story short, I liked it, and now I am hooked (although I still do make fun of it and laugh at it sometimes even though I watch it)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »

Its one of the very few TV shows I watch. I enjoy it and not just for Ackles or Collins although, they do help.  Smile

The writing can be really juvenile at times but the show can be funny and usually looks great.  My biggest complaint this past season were the number of filler episodes. It aggravated me so much I almost stopped watching.

My favorite episode is from season 3. mystery spot. Its hilarious.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »

Its an odd one. 25% of eps I think are great, 25% are ok, 25% annoy me and 25% are just awful. Its a bit hit and miss so I only watch it when I just happen to catch it.

I rather enjoyed the ep with the family who hunted and ate people.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »

I watched quite a bit of the first season, good show.  Loved the music that guy would play in his car.  Wasn't quite enough to hold my interest past that first seaon though, probably just my short attention span.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »

The show has changed a lot.  First season was just fun. Now it has a plot.  Buggedout  I have been enjoying the nasty angels.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

All 3 series for £29..... Not a bad price for all 3 series.... 

I may pick it up when I have the cash. Maybe I have seen most of the bad eps of the series.... O well worth the risk, if it drops to £20 I will buy it.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »

I just watched the episode with the wishing well, the one in which the teddy bear brought to life commits suicide with a shotgun.  Even though I knew what was gonna happen, I still nearly wet myself laughing.  I like the show a lot.  The series mythology bits can really drag the focus away from the fun.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »

Its an odd one. 25% of eps I think are great, 25% are ok, 25% annoy me and 25% are just awful. Its a bit hit and miss so I only watch it when I just happen to catch it.

I rather enjoyed the ep with the family who hunted and ate people.

I've only watched this past season's episodes, and a few reruns from before.  So far I've liked all the episodes I've seen.  The ones that stand out for me are that one with the teddy bear committing suicide, the one with the shape-shifter who likes to become the classic monsters, and the one where Sam and Dean discover that there is a prophet who is writing everything about their lives before it happens.  Interesting stories, and very funny.  
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 05:19:18 AM »

oh, those are my boys, Sam and Dean (mmmm)

love this show.  and now the boys are headed for a face off as vessels for heaven and hell!

They got away from the great music for a while last season, but now its making a comeback.

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 11:46:16 PM »

The next episode should be a really good one.  It looks like Abraham Lincoln and Ghandi are back as murderers.
 BounceGiggle
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 07:50:06 AM »

And Paris Hilton as a demon?  Glad to see they are still injecting a lot of humour.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

I'm looking forward to the episode where Sam does his Horatio Cane from CSI:Miami (previewed on last night's episode.)

I loved the last two seasons-my favorite new character is Castiel.  I do wish Ruby was still around.  The actresss playing her was hot.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »

I really enjoy the show, most of the time it's fun to watch, great way to put your brain in neutral and escape life's little problems.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 04:02:33 AM »

I'm looking forward to the episode where Sam does his Horatio Cane from CSI:Miami (previewed on last night's episode.)

I loved the last two seasons-my favorite new character is Castiel.  I do wish Ruby was still around.  The actresss playing her was hot.

I liked the first ruby better (go figure, i have a soft spot for blondes)  the sam and dean 'csi' parody was hysterical.  The herpes medicine commercial was better....NOOOOOO jared CAN'T have herpes!(I cried a little at the thought)

It's setting up for a big brother rumble for the finale.  Have we seen lucifer in person yet?

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »

Any thoughts on the season finale?

After all the build-up, the "great battle" between Michael and Lucifer was pretty lame.  I'm not complaining though.  I found it very amusing.  It was funny to hear the two of them b***hing to eachother about "Dad."  They are just like Sam and Dean.  Then the great and powerful Michael bumbles his way into falling into that hole with Lucifer.  Hilarious.

I was surprised they showed Sam on Earth at the end.  I thought they would leave him in Hell as a cliffhanger like they did with Dean at the end of season 3.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:04:47 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Supernatural « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.