Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:10:52 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Disturbing Music « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Disturbing Music  (Read 12075 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: July 17, 2009, 03:30:29 AM »

I've been listening to heavy metal/industrial/alternative noise for most of my music listening career. That's just what I enjoy listening to. There are plenty of bands that put up the pose of evil/Satanist/scary, but there are very few bands that I think are actually mentally unhinged.

As an example, I put forward "Headless" by Dog Fashion Disco. This band pretty much takes all their cues from Mr. Bungle, but they have enough good songs that I can enjoy them on their own. "Headless" is a song that pretty much details how the main singer will not rest until his foe is headless. Harmless enough, right? But he successfully communicates his wish to behead his nemesis. It's a bit disturbing. Great song, though.

I think my main choice for disturbing song has to go to a song put out by super-weirdo Crispin Glover called "Getting Out of Bed." I listen to a lot of noise rock (Skinny Puppy, Wolf Eyes), but this song really gets under my skin. It sounds like the interior a schizophrenic's nightmare. It gets worse if you know a little bit about the actuality of schizophrenia, such as flatness of affect or the inability to understand social cues. I don't think Crispin Glover is crazy, but he is very in tune to insanity.

So are there any songs you want to mention that actually disturb you a little bit? Not fake scariness like Slayer (no offense to them), but actual "this song makes me uncomfortable" music?

You know, phrasing that way I think I will be seeing a lot of Gary Puckett and "she died to young in a car accident" tunes.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 04:04:13 AM »

If you want REAL insanity, none of that stuff comes close to this crap.  Whoever wrote this song has some seriously severe and profound brain damage.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:15:09 AM by the ghoul » Logged
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 05:10:01 AM »

I've been listening to heavy metal/industrial/alternative noise for most of my music listening career. That's just what I enjoy listening to.

listen to a few tracks off this album (minute long soundclips I think), at reasonable volume in the headphones - not even loud, just reasonable vol, all the way through:

http://larrymusic.com/artists/blod/albums/my-beloved-daughters-40598/

would you say this is enjoyable? disturbing to me...and I like some 'noise-core' etc. not this though. this creeped me out
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:17:49 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »

I've been listening to heavy metal/industrial/alternative noise for most of my music listening career. That's just what I enjoy listening to.

listen to a few tracks off this album (minute long soundclips I think), at reasonable volume in the headphones - not even loud, just reasonable vol, all the way through:

would you say this is enjoyable? disturbing to me...and I like some 'noise-core' etc. not this though. this creeped me out

I don't find that in the least bit disturbing, but I do think it is incredibly boring.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »

And now, here's another TRULY disturbing song from an artist who never fails to disturb me deeply.

Small | Large
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

And now, here's another TRULY disturbing song from an artist who never fails to disturb me deeply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQBT89MFnS8

Sussudio is an awesome song!

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 12:26:06 PM »

Small | Large

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pilgermann

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »

That stuff sounds awfully lazy.

The Residents' God in 3 Persons is a fairly disturbing record in my opinion.  It tells the tale of Mr. X, a widower who meets conjoined male & female twins who have strange healing powers.  He befriends them but eventually exploits their powers and develops a sexual obsession towards the female.  It all leads up to a violent and graphic climax.  It all resolves in a poignant way on the last track and one gets a grip on the moral behind the story, but until then it's pretty weird stuff, but I love it!

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »

I don't find that in the least bit disturbing, but I do think it is incredibly boring.

That stuff sounds awfully lazy.

boring and lazy? when I heard that crap I thought the 3rd dimension of hell was coming thru my earphones, lol. different strokes etc. I would agree that it's rubbish though...whoever listens to that has got 'issues'....

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 02:44:43 AM »

This haunts me..in no way is it good...just creepy.....

Small | Large

I seriously think this guy is emotionally disturebed. I feel sad for him.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:54:23 AM »

Small | Large

When nationalism meets pop music....  Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »

This haunts me..in no way is it good...just creepy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

I seriously think this guy is emotionally disturebed. I feel sad for him.  Bluesad

heard this before. you're right, it's draining to listen to and pretty creepy

reminds me of this other rapper type guy who was mentally retarded and entered a rap battle. some guy took the audio from it and put it over some weird jazzy stuff...disturbing IMO

C58e5E5ty_Y

5sq29xckN8E

- bear in mind this guy actually has mental handicap

voltron

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »

I think pretty much anything by Merzbow is disturbing.

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 10:22:36 PM »

I think pretty much anything by Merzbow is disturbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzrL8J0t-c

That just sounds like movie sound effects from a mad scientist lab scene.  Kinda cool but gets boring after about 30 seconds.  Now let's get back to some REALLY disturbing stuff.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:24:45 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 02:00:04 AM »

The problem with musical noise is that there is a very thin line between it and, well, noise. That original Blod post seems to lean more towards pure noise. I can see how it might strike the right chord, especially if you are inebriated on something, but I don't think it has much more to it than static noise. You could probably achieve the same effect by playing white noise full blast on your computer and turning a horror movie on in the background.

I'd like to check out that Residents album, though.

As far as the "Why Must I Cry," I think it would be more disturbing, but I get the idea that he isn't emotionally disturbed, but just bad at communicating musically. I'm not saying he's not crazy, but his delivery is almost the same as Ice-T's delivery in a song off his Body Count CD called "The Winner Loses." Yes, Ice-T sings as bad as this gentleman.

In that case, it does make me sad. Because there are so many people who want to express themselves, but they have absolutely no talent whatsoever. There are millions of them.

Remember Wesley Willis? He was an actual schizophrenic that was picked up by the alternative press, and eventually MTV. He was actually crazy, and exploited for all he was worth.

Anyway, I thought of another track that creeps me out. John Zorn is the weird musician's weird musician. He had a project called I.A.O., which was an actual exercise in Crowley-esque magick. On that album there is a track called "Lucifer Rising." The track consists of the sort of Church-based religious music you might hear in a horror film. As that music starts you can hear a woman's voice chant "Recant... recant..." She then segues into an unknown language and slowly moves into a slow moaning of pleasure.

I am not a religious man, but it's still pretty damn creepy. If you are religious, this song is an invitation to renounce all you hold dear.

I've got another song which creeps me out, and could clear a party in minutes flat, but I'll save that until a bit later.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Disturbing Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.