Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:10:40 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help With Movie Title (Again) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Help With Movie Title (Again)  (Read 1574 times)
Shrewy
« on: March 26, 2002, 10:23:24 PM »

I recall seeing a movie I actually rented, the cover had a blue plesiasaur(sp?) rising out of the water with teeth showing and maybe a woman in its jaws, I don't remember that very well.

The movie had two dinosaurs, a plesiasaur and a pterodactyl. The cast had some Japanese, but I don't think it was a dubbed one. It was in color, made in the 70's or 80's. One scene I remember had a woman attacked on a raft. The movie was pretty bloody, and I remember the blood beng very pink-ish (kind of like in Grizzly).

I think the two dinos fought at the end...don't remember very well.

Anyways, I wish I could've been more help.

Sorry.
mmv3000
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 10:58:09 PM »

the movie is a Japanese one called LEGEND OF THE DINOSAURS, aka LEGEND OF DINOSAUR AND MONSTER BIRD.
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2002, 11:10:23 PM »

It is "Legend of the Dinosaurs."  It has one of the bleakest endings of any Japanese Giant Monster movie, as I recall.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 12:57:47 PM »

Humm...sounds intresting. I think the guy at mst3ktapes has the mst version, from the uhf station days, before they went cable. I vagely remember a Monster Vision promo for this on an ole tape. What can you tell me about the flick?
Musukogoji
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 12:03:11 AM »

"The Legend of the Dinosaurs" is a favorite kaiju eiga of mine (though nearly every one else in the world hates it). I even wrote a review of it for "G-Fan" magazine.

The movie features a gigantic Plesiosaurus and a Rhamphoryncus (both are which aren't actually dinosaurs). The Plesiosaurus is eating people and animals surrounding Lake Sai, which is one of the five lakes surrounding Mt. Fuji. A paleontologist is convinced that a dinosaur is still alive, but no one will believe him. Well, soon, another egg hatches and a Rhamphoryncus comes forth and starts wrecking havoc everywhere the Plesiosaurus missed. And even sooner, the two are at each other's throats, in a duel for the territory.

Directed by Junji Kurata and starring Tsunihiko Watase, this flick was one of the last kaiju films made by Toei Studios. Made in 1977 (released here in 1983 by Sandy Frank). Need anything else?
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2002, 11:56:32 AM »

You wrote for G-fan? COOL! I pick it up at the Laughing Ogre every issue! I'll be looking for it, my boy. Ah,yes.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need Help With Movie Title (Again) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.