Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:37:00 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Super DVD deals at Big Lots... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Super DVD deals at Big Lots...  (Read 4934 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: July 23, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »

I folk been busy so I haven't had much time here... but if you have a BIG LOTS and this might have been posted already they have some GREAT deals on DVD's

I got

The ROOTS boot set (like 12 disc) for $10
Loony Toons Vol 1,2,3,4, and 5 box set for $10 (about $200 on Amazon)
Flintstones Box set Season 2 and 3 ... $3 each
A bunch of other Hanna Barbara box sets $3 each
Dukes of Hazzard full seasons $3 each
Popeye 1933-38 Vol 1 $3
Several TV shows full seasons $3 each
6 season Powerpuff Girls $3 each
Animaniacs Season 1 and 2 $6 each
Tons and tons of movies $3 old ones, new ones, special editions, director cuts, multi disc etc $3 each

And that's just a tiny tip of the iceberg.

Just a FYI hope everyone is having a great summer (for the Northern Hemisphere folks.)
Mill stream 12 disc box sets $9 each (some 50 movies some 80 movies sets)

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »

I don't know where you live but the TV box sets, which just started appearing in the local Big Lots here, are going for $6.  If I was you I'd buy EVERYTHING and re-sell it.  Someone screwwed up big time at your BL.

Sadly the sets stocked here are totally random.  Season 5 of Nip & Tuck, Season 3 of the OC, seasons 2, 4, 5, & 6 for Dukes (with only one BL store having a single copy of season 2), season 3 of Wonder Woman, season 2 of Pinky & the Brain (1 copy at 1 store) &tc.  And it's only a handful of box sets.

So far no Flintsones.  In fact aside from Pinky & the Brain the only cartoons I recall seeing were Scooby Doo movie twin packs.  No Mill Creek box sets here either.  Though the last time any BL here stocked them they went for $13 dollars so, again, I don't know where you live but this sounds like a great opportunity to make some money as a re-seller.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »

I popped into my Big Lots after seeing this post and, sure enough, it was a goldmine. I got Dastardly & Muttley: The Complete Series for 3 smackers. Same thing for the entire volume 1 of Popeye. I also picked up Pan's Labyrinth (for 3 bucks? now THAT'S a deal), Suburban Commando, Brick, Theodore Rex, and a couple other things that I can't remember off the top of my head right now. There's another Big Lots not too far from me that I'm gonna check out sometime this weekend.

Freakin' jackpot!

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »

I don't know where you live but the TV box sets, which just started appearing in the local Big Lots here, are going for $6.  If I was you I'd buy EVERYTHING and re-sell it.  Someone screwwed up big time at your BL.

Sadly the sets stocked here are totally random.  Season 5 of Nip & Tuck, Season 3 of the OC, seasons 2, 4, 5, & 6 for Dukes (with only one BL store having a single copy of season 2), season 3 of Wonder Woman, season 2 of Pinky & the Brain (1 copy at 1 store) &tc.  And it's only a handful of box sets.

So far no Flintsones.  In fact aside from Pinky & the Brain the only cartoons I recall seeing were Scooby Doo movie twin packs.  No Mill Creek box sets here either.  Though the last time any BL here stocked them they went for $13 dollars so, again, I don't know where you live but this sounds like a great opportunity to make some money as a re-seller.

I'm in KY and the first load of box sets were $6 the next shipment they got was $3 bucks now did they price them wrong? I don't know but I can tell you this I had to have a overflowing shopping cart to get my haul to the truck.
Some of the big box sets were $10 i.e. Roots, Loony Toons golden Collection Vol 1-5 I went to a neighboring college town last night and they had 10 time as many DVD there... and yes another huge haul.

The Mill Stream sets they had about 6 different titles of either 50 or 80 movie sets and they have new plastic cases and not those crappy paper ones (there was a couple of old paper ones) and they are now $9 not the old price of $13

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »

one thing I got recently that the kids were super in to was the gummi bears box set.  next to dungeons and dragons it was like one of the best cartoons of the 80's
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »

Headed out to the local BL yesterday.  Have to say it's looking a lot better since they started remodelling the interior layout.  And, yes, it does look like some TV series are on the rack for $3.  One thing I noticed new about the racks are BL apparently has gone to two tiered pricing as there's now a side for $3 and $6 DVDs.  Wish I could report what the differences are but the dealers have apparently discovered what's going on as the DVDs were well picked over.

I picked up season 1 of Tracey Takes On for $3.  Haven't seen it, don't know if it's worth watching, but season 2 was $6.  So anyone here recommend this series?  Should I just trade it in for store credit somewhere?

Alas no Gummi Bears.  Then again all that was really left were Knots Landing and Dukes of Hazarrd sets.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 02:35:10 PM »

I was there yesterday.  I had ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN and another movie (can't remember what it was) in my hand.  They were $3 each.  But, for some unexplainable reason, I ended up not buying them.  But I did buy each of my dogs a squeeze toy for $1 each.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »

I thought real hard on the Cobra/Tango and Cash two-pack. 

Supermarket Killer: Get back! I got a bomb here! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
Javakoala
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »

I picked up a double feature of the Hercules movies with Big Lou as the title character and the original Boogeyman with Return of The Boogeyman (know this one sucks horse hoses), but for $3 each, what the heck?
dean

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »

I thought real hard on the Cobra/Tango and Cash two-pack. 

Supermarket Killer: Get back! I got a bomb here! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.

Do it, get it, get it, get it!

Tango and Cash is a [very] guilty pleasure of mine...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »

I picked up a double feature of the Hercules movies with Big Lou as the title character and the original Boogeyman with Return of The Boogeyman (know this one sucks horse hoses), but for $3 each, what the heck?

I, too, found the Ferrigno Hercules DF at BL recently.  Now if they'd only get DVDs of CHERRY 2000. . .

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 07:14:29 AM »

Admit it Cheeze, you're on season 4 now, right?   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »

Admit it Cheeze, you're on season 4 now, right?   TeddyR

Oh I watched it straight through 1 to 6 ... actually I bought it for my wife who uses one of the characters for her avatar that was worth $3.

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »

Tales From The Crypt, seasons 2-6 - 3 bucks a piece

I nearly crapped a brick.

Also got Birdman & Galaxy Trio, complete series- 3 bucks

A couple other things, too. The Crypt seasons though were the big "holy moley" moment for me. What a deal!

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pilgermann

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »

Every time I've checked out Big Lots recently I've only found crap like second seasons of The OC and Smallville.  I guess I'll have to keep checking in.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Super DVD deals at Big Lots... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.