Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:36:20 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  RIP Jersey « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP Jersey  (Read 3390 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 24, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »

I posted last September about my dog Boy dying when a  car hit him.  Well  yesterday I had to put down our other dog Jersey.

She turned 14 back in February and had really been showing her age.  We had been pampering her a lot (letting her stay in the house more, canned food instead of hard, that kinda thing).  This week she developed a fever of 105 and the vet said there could be two causes, infection or cancer. She had started panting all the time and was having a hard time getting around. 

They kept her overnight to try and get the fever down and see what was causing it.  The next morning they said  they had the fever down for a while and she ate, but the fever came back and she started coughing.  They xrayed her and found a huge mass in her chest.  They kept her overnight again and told us they could get the fever down with anti-inflamatories, but there was nothing they could do for the cancer.

We decided that it was best to put her down, because you could tell she was really miserable. She was shuffling around aimlessly, her panting was raspy sounding, and they could only keep the fever down by giving here drugs.

My daughter and I went to see her, and she was happy to see us, but it was really hard seeing her that way. I stayed in the room while they euthanized her, my daughter didn't want to stay. They used the anesthetic they typically give for surgery, just an overdose. She just fell quickly to sleep and that was it.

The part I will miss most, is not having her run up the driveway when I come home everyday.

If you want to see what she looked like you can check my post about Boy. Believe it or not, her mother was a black lab.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »

I'm soooo sorry! My buddy Ted died on me back in October of last year. It's heart rending. My condolences.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

Bluesad  It's always sad when they go.  They love us so much.  She was beautiful.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:34 PM »

I had a black lab when I was a kid.  When he was 10 years old he got cancer (he had two huge swollen glands on his neck . . . they were about the size of tangerines).  So, we had him put down.  I remember talking to a friend on the phone the night he died . . . I had to hold back my tears.  I must have been around 17 when he died.

Now, my wife and I have two dogs.  One is a Shih Tzu / Bichon Frise mix, the other is a Shih Tzu / Peek-a-Poo mix.  They will both be 9 years old in September.  It's amazing how attached we are to them.  When they die, I will be devastated . . . and my wife will be completely crushed.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »

If you looked at the picture you'll notice she has no tail.  Almost exactly a year after we got her a car ran over her tail.  I heard yelping and when I went out to see what was going on I saw her tail had a 90  degree angle in the middle of it.  It was a Sunday but I got hold of the vet , who was out somewhere tending to a horse.

He called when he got to the office, so I could bring her in.

At first he left about half of her tail, but after a week at home the skin wouldn't reattach to it.  He operated again and removed all of it.  He made a nice little triangular flap of skin to cover the nub of her tail.  After it healed you would 've  thought she was born that way.  You could just see a little bump under her skin moving in a circular motion when she was wagging her non existent tail.

Her two most annoying habits were putting her foot on top of yours when she wanted attention (causing you to trip over her) and licking your toes when you were barefoot or in flip-flops.

When upset about the presence of strange dogs the hair on the back of her neck and shoulders would stand straight up like a cat's.

Thanks for the condolences guys, we're going to be missing her for a while.  I think we're going to wait a good while before getting another dog.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:25:56 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »

Jersey was a pretty dog.  You gave a loving animal a good home.   Thumbup 

I lost my kitty in April, very similar to what you described except with her it was kidney failure.  She'd been ill a long time, but with specific food, medicine and daily needle fluid treatment, she was kept well and active for the last 2.5 years.  She was 16 and the best friend I ever had.  Still have my beagle and terrier:   

Best to you. 

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:59:06 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
trekgeezer

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »

Sorry about your Kitty Allhallows. Looks like you had one happy family of animals going there.  They really seem to be digging the sunshine.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »

Sorry about your Kitty Allhallows. Looks like you had one happy family of animals going there.  They really seem to be digging the sunshine.
You got that right... but whoever said animals were dumb?   Smile  I love my dogs but miss my girl and know what it's like to lose someone you love.  My kitty was very special to me.  I know how you feel; I like Jersey just from the photo!   Smile

I like that Boy, too.  He's a honeybunch.   
[/center]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:04:07 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »

Trek I am so very sorry.  It is so very painful when they go, but I don't think any one of us would choose to have missed out on having our animals to love. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:09:50 AM »

My condolences Trek, I know how hard it is losing a pet.  You gave her a good home and lots of love, so just be happy for all the great times you had together  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:35:49 AM »

Bluesad Sorry to hear that, Trek and my condolences.

I had a pedigree Alsatian when I was about six ~ my Dad bought him from the British South Africa Police to look after us and the guy from the Dog Unit said that this dog was an intensely vicious dog.

A few days after welcoming Shane (his name) into the family, my Dad called the Dog Unit guy and called him words that weren't in the dictionary. "You dumb *&^%$#, this dog isn't vicious at all! In fact, he's so &^%$# vicious, my six year old son can ride on his back!"

TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »

This must of been a bad weekend for pets. We are dealing with the lost of my daughter's chihuahua. She woke me up about 3 this morning because the little thing had died in it's sleep.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about Jersey. I vividly remember what a good and dedicated friend she was to her buddy Boy. I know that they are having a great time together right now.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »

Thanks for the condolences everybody.   
This must of been a bad weekend for pets. We are dealing with the lost of my daughter's chihuahua. She woke me up about 3 this morning because the little thing had died in it's sleep.
Sorry to hear about your daughter's pet MeQal. That must've been pretty traumatic for her, hope she's taking it okay. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  RIP Jersey « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.