Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:36:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA  (Read 20121 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »

Action figures, albeit much less detailed, were so much cooler back then compared to the stuff they pan off now.  

And, as AllHallows pointed out, Wacky Packages are awesome.  I'm glad they put them out again recently so kids of today can enjoy them in a new form. I have all my brother's originals. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:23:11 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
venomx
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:26:50 AM »

You know else, toy commercials. What happened to them?
Remember in the late 70's and early 80's? Every other toy commercials was RC cars or trucks ... right?

Now it's just video game commercials.
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:11 AM »

Action figures, albeit much less detailed, were so much cooler back then compared to the stuff they pan off now.  

And, as AllHallows pointed out, Wacky Packages are awesome.  I'm glad they put them out again recently so kids of today can enjoy them in a new form. I have all my brother's originals. 

I remember Wacky Packages! I wish I kept the ones I had when I was little.  I was around 8 or 9 in 1974 and part of my regular jaunt to the corner store consisted of Wacky Packages and Tack It To Me Tattoos.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 12:07:50 AM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:45 PM »

W\reagrd to the action figues, amen on that.  I remember Mego was the king of the hill-they had Batman and Star Trek figures, and heck, I even had the Planet Of The Apes Treehouse with the astronaut figures, and several soldier ape figures too.

Lastly, anyone remember the old Aurora monster model kits that slowly died out around the mid 70's? They were big in the 60's but times changed, and the Aurora catalog changed also.  I remember the Vampirella model kits, and the "Pre-Historic Scene kits" with the cavemen and sabre tooth tiger.  Great time for toys, people!  Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Raffine

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »

Lastly, anyone remember the old Aurora monster model kits that slowly died out around the mid 70's? They were big in the 60's but times changed, and the Aurora catalog changed also.  I remember the Vampirella model kits, and the "Pre-Historic Scene kits" with the cavemen and sabre tooth tiger.  Great time for toys, people!  Cheers

I had just about all of the Aurora models. Most went through quite a few paint jobs (including my 'Pimp' Phantom of the Opera complete with white tux and purple trim) and died a violent death by fire and BB gun. We even filmed my Dracula melting with my mom's Super 8 camera. I still occasionally run across a random piece from a 'Prehistoric Scenes' kit in my boxes of junk.

For some reason my cousin's mom, who was a very strict Baptist, bought him all the 'Monster Scenes' kits - including Vampirella and the infamous 'The Victim'. 'The Victim' fit perfectly into all of Dr. Death's torture devices. the kit was later renamed 'Dr. Death's Daughter' which is somehow even more disturbing...

ALSO: Just by sheer coincidence today I taught the "I Described It with Adjectives' song to some of my younger coworkers. I just love that "It was a hairy bear, it was a scary bear, we made a hasty retreat from there." part.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 11:06:20 PM »

I had just about all of the Aurora models. Most went through quite a few paint jobs (including my 'Pimp' Phantom of the Opera complete with white tux and purple trim) and died a violent death by fire and BB gun. We even filmed my Dracula melting with my mom's Super 8 camera. I still occasionally run across a random piece from a 'Prehistoric Scenes' kit in my boxes of junk.

For some reason my cousin's mom, who was a very strict Baptist, bought him all the 'Monster Scenes' kits - including Vampirella and the infamous 'The Victim'. 'The Victim' fit perfectly into all of Dr. Death's torture devices. the kit was later renamed 'Dr. Death's Daughter' which is somehow even more disturbing...

ALSO: Just by sheer coincidence today I taught the "I Described It with Adjectives' song to some of my younger coworkers. I just love that "It was a hairy bear, it was a scary bear, we made a hasty retreat from there." part.

Nice post man!  The face on The Victim looks a bit like Barbara Steele from "Black Sunday."

I still have 3 of my originals from the 70's: I have an assembled Hunchback (now named "The Bellringer" for Polar Lights) and a Forgotten Prisoner and Phantom Of The Opera both in the box.

I got these when a special sale took place years back in Fangoria magazine when they sold them limited time.   And yeah, some of MY kits faved the firing squad, only I was using my dad's old Remington 870 pump 20 gauge, as well as the occasional burning with gasoline.

In a way, kids like us created the value of the kits, because we made them somewhat sparse and hard to get.  But  I miss them like hell now..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »

OMG those Creepy magazines and that Frankenstein figure are the coolist things I ever seen! Thumbup
Okey dokey... 

That artwork is the artwork from the old Aurora Dracula model kit box. The artwork was always half the fun of these unique kits.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »

That's "...beat a hastry retreat from his lair..."   Smile 
You have so much energy, and I have most of these kits in box, and had them all back in the day except the Monster (believe it or not, all USA issue including The Pendulum, Gruesome Goodies, the Victim, Vampirella...) Now, I have boxed Victim, Gruesome Goodies, the Monster (and loose painted example) Pain Parlor, hmm... some others... I had a display but took it down and packed away during renovations, and haven't looked at in a long time... I was very into collecting '60s and '70s monsters, not so much these days.  I did have in the early '70s the Aurora store display exploding volcano and factory painted cave with Neanderthal and allosaur very cooly painted!!!  I have a good collection of Aurora Monster model boxes, with a bunch of monster builtups, all packed away for years now.  But those are '60s...of the '70s models, I have no prehistoric.   
The Aurora MONSTER SCENES were early '70s and all, particularly THE VICTIM, were "rated X for Excitement!!"   
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:01:00 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »

Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 06:16:40 PM »

That's "...beat a hastry retreat from his lair..."   Smile 
You have so much energy, and I have most of these kits in box, and had them all back in the day except the Monster (believe it or not, all USA issue including The Pendulum, Gruesome Goodies, the Victim, Vampirella...) Now, I have boxed Victim, Gruesome Goodies, the Monster (and loose painted example) Pain Parlor, hmm... some others... I had a display but took it down and packed away during renovations, and haven't looked at in a long time... I was very into collecting '60s and '70s monsters, not so much these days.  I did have in the early '70s the Aurora store display exploding volcano and factory painted cave with Neanderthal and allosaur very cooly painted!!!  I have a good collection of Aurora Monster model boxes, with a bunch of monster builtups, all packed away for years now.  But those are '60s...of the '70s models, I have no prehistoric.   
The Aurora MONSTER SCENES were early '70s and all, particularly THE VICTIM, were "rated X for Excitement!!"   

NEWSFLASH!!! They're re-issuing them!!!

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterkid7/models.htm

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 08:47:54 PM »

This bone hawk interuppted Jack Palance as Dracula-i was really enjoying ol' Jack hamming it up when Tricky Dick threw in the towel-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMrn4l1WA3w&feature=related

I know how that really sux, here's the ending just for you
Small | Large

So... DAN CURTIS!!!  My fave!!!  Lookingup Drink Twirling Lookingup BounceGiggle 

Oh, I'm on a wave now...
Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:06:19 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »

Here's a nice tribute to FM and the Warren mags!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »

"The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" a show Burgomaster reminded me of months ago, now I'd really like to look at some of these again; though when it was new I thought it corny:
Small | Large

Small | Large

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:37:32 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK and other COOL '70s TV NOSTALGIA « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.