Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:12:11 PM
714417 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TASTE the BLOOD of DRACULA « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: TASTE the BLOOD of DRACULA  (Read 9888 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:44 AM »

I have seen a few of the Hammer Studio Dracula films. Even got one of them on DVD. They are always fun to watch. And like others here, I use to stay up late as a kid to see the CBS Late Movie. I remember seeing Night of the Lepus and several other films when it came on. Also remember in later years seeing reruns of The Nightstalker including the two hour pilot and reruns of The Avengers with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in those skin tight catsuits she wore. Needless to say they made my early teen years more enjoyable.  Lookingup

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »

The important thing to remember about "Taste the Blood of Dracula" is that you shouldn't.  As was said, this is the film with the dabbler in black magic who gets some rich old men to buy the relic of Dracula blood, which he then imbibes.  The old guys shacking up in a back room at the house of ill repute, which probably included spanking and other Victorian offenses was pretty funny.  However, who in the world would ever think that drinking Dracula's blood was a good idea?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 02:38:55 PM »

TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA Is A Great Movie But It Is Not As Good As Some Of The Other Films In The HAMMER HORROR DRACULA Series
Neville

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »

This is one of my favourite "Dracula" sequels. I think the series was pretty good until "Scars of Dracula", which I think it's the next entry or so.

I had a blast with the film criticising the hipocrisy of the victorians. Considering they couldn't get away with much nudity at the time they did great, those early scenes are hysterical. And the black mass is terrific too, and scarier than you may expect in a Hammer film.

After that... I once read a review that complained that for all the urge to keep resurrecting Lee everytime, the writers didn't find much for him to do during the rest of the films. Avenging his minion is a rather petty occupation, but who am I to argue with the Prince of Darkness? At least that keeps the plot busy and the killings inventive. And the climax in the church is one of the best in the entire series.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »

Saw it last night and found it didn't offer much in the way of action. Or atmosphere for that matter.

Meh.

-Jimmybob

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 05:08:19 PM »

Of all the Lee and Hammer Draculas, this is my least favorite, and the only one that I have ever disliked.
peter johnson

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »

I love them all!!

For cheesy music, for great "Hammer Horses" -- all those feather-foot guys who clomp along that same stretch of road for over 30 years, yeah? -- Man, these things are all so grand and classic - it's not worth talkin about better and best as if in a vacuum - there is nothing like a Hammer!!

peter johnson/denny intoxicated

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 10:56:37 PM »

I just re-watched this again. It never gets old for me. I love this movie.
The scene when Ralph Bates turns into Christopher lee- and the screen cracks when his eyes turn red- fantastic.
I was lucky. When my Dad and Mary Jo bought the NEW TV (a big cousnal model with a AM/FM radio and a record player and speakers attached! It was a monster!) they gave me the old floor motel RCA. It was color too! It set next to my model shelf.  Smile
I NEVER stayed up late on weekdays. If Dad heard that TV, he would have kicked it in and beat my ass. (I listened to my transistor radio with an earpiece. They would play old 1940's radio serials on this one channel.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:07:02 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2018, 03:55:11 AM »

Loved watching these movies at the weekends. Used to sit up until after midnight watching Lee and Cushing battle it out, be it as Dracula and Van Helsing or Frankenstein and his monster I could never get enough of them.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 04:31:47 AM »

Just a little fun fact for ya here.

Christopher Lee came to hate the dracula movies after the first few and did not want to do them. Nonetheless for the sake of the working people at Hammer, the stage hands, electricians, costume makers, etc, he did several he considered to be utter trash and inane just to help working people out.

The same is true of his fu manchu movies, he didn't like any after the first but did them to help the working people at hammer studios make money.

It can truly be said his heart matched his height.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 07:34:15 AM »

The same is true of his fu manchu movies, he didn't like any after the first but did them to help the working people at hammer studios make money.

That may be said for his DRACULA films, but not the Fu Manchu movies. None of them were made by Hammer films.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »

That may be said for his DRACULA films, but not the Fu Manchu movies. None of them were made by Hammer films.

He did do them mostly to help the film crews regardless of the company they worked for,.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 12:35:40 AM »

... and and and he HATED MARGARET THATCHER!!   TongueOut

I watched TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA not too long ago, maybe this year, on TCM.   Definitely a lower Hammer DRACULA movie.  I love CHRISTOPHER LEE (in anything) but every single one of those Hammer Horrors were... dumb.  I do like 'em. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »

... and and and he HATED MARGARET THATCHER!!   TongueOut

Really? Damn, he was more likeable than I ever knew...

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »

Lookingup  Like trout rising to bait. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TASTE the BLOOD of DRACULA « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.