Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:24 AM
714429 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  return of the living dead (1985) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: return of the living dead (1985)  (Read 3524 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

"it kind of sucks the way it ends, it seems like they ran out of ideas or budget."

let me backtrack a little. the very end of the movie fits the story, the part involving the nukes. its the some of the other scenes that kind of sucked. (IMO) keep in mind that i do like the movie. when the boyfriend busts through the attic door where the girl and the mortician are hiding, the scene just freezes. what happened? did anybody notice at one point when the girl is crying and the mortician is holding her, he points the gun at the back of her head? I know everybody gets fried by the nukes, but what about the 2 guys that got away in the car? is it possible that they could have drove far enough to escape the nuclear blast?

exterminate all rational thought.....
venomx
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

I'm almost sure nobody escaped that nuclear blast. That blast was right in the center of the city.

Even if they did, remember? it started again anyway. (the deadly toxic rain) aka Zombie Fest 2.

IMO - The mortician was going to shoot Tina so she didn't have to die by Zombie Freddy.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:09:17 PM by Venomx » Logged
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

I really like this film, but for some reason I sold my DVD a number of years ago.  I first caught most of it in edited form on TV late at night.  I was hooked pretty quickly and I thought it was a great mix of frightening scenes and comical ones.  I loved it even more when they ended up nuking the city I live in.

andy1908
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »

i like how ebert gave it 4 stars!
any other flicks like this out there?
y'know, of the neon-punk-horror variety?

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19850819/REVIEWS/508190301/1023
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 05:00:37 PM by andy1908 » Logged
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »

I always heard there was an alternate ending, though I never did much to research it. Does seem like the end is made up of previous footage.

Few years ago the Alamo Drafthouse had a ROTLD reunion screening most of the cast was there, good times  Cheers
princess dragonmom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:43 AM »

but what about the 2 guys that got away in the car?

Are you talking about Spider and Burt?  They drove back to the warehouse and Burt was the one who called the number on the tank.  

Thorn Is
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »

I didn't like the ending the first time I saw it but on subsequent viewings I find it funnier and funnier every time. Especially the lack of reactions from the military general. Just another day at the office.
I wasn't too hot about the first sequel, though I do realize what they were trying for, having everyone revive their roles but as different characters was genius, but beyond that it's kind of a poor movie. I do like 3, but I realize I'm close to alone with that one.

Organic sighted.  Obliterate.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  return of the living dead (1985) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.