Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:50:54 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Semi-Trancers sequel in anthology movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Semi-Trancers sequel in anthology movie?  (Read 1459 times)
john
« on: March 27, 2002, 01:11:01 AM »

Many years ago, after Trancers but long before an official sequel was planned, maybe even before sequels became the norm, I read something interesting in a magazine. It was just a quick mention in some SF/Horror magazine, possibly Fangoria. Anyway, it stated that one of the stories in an anthology movie was a semi-sequel to Trancers. I don't think Thomerson was in it and they may not have even used the term Trancers, but it was supposed to be related to it somehow.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I've tried to find the issue of the magazine that I read it in, but so far I've come up empty. The IMDB wasn't any help either.
mmv3000
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 03:06:22 AM »

It was to be in a movie called PULSE POUNDERS. The anthology was to include the TRANCERS sequel story, a sequel story to DUNGEONMASTER, and the third story was THE EVIL CLERGYMAN, based on a Lovecraft story. The film was shot and finished, but due to rights issues, it still sits in, I think, Republic's vaults.

It starred Tim Thomerson (in the TRANCERS section), as well as Jefferey Combs, Barbara Crampton and David Gale (all from RE-ANIMATOR)

Charles Band, who directed it, later canniballized the name for his line of kiddie-themed films (though at one point he was going to use it for a harder-edged line)
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2002, 11:50:35 AM »

> > Anyway, it stated that one of the stories in an anthology movie was a semi-sequel to Trancers. I don't think Thomerson was in it and they may not have even used the term Trancers, but it was supposed to be related to it somehow.

Actually, other than Tomerson, even the later Trancers movies weren't even related to the first one or two.
john
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2002, 10:46:05 PM »

Interesting. I just checked the IMDB for Pulse Pounders and it lists it as a 2002 movie that's in production now. Strange...

In any case, thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Semi-Trancers sequel in anthology movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.