Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:17:55 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The B-sentials « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The B-sentials  (Read 11671 times)
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »

Welcome aboard weasel.  Cheers

Some of my favorite weird films include:

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie - My favorite underrated zombie film of all time. Atmosphere galore, and beautiful cinematography. The hero won't win any rewards for chivalry, but he kicks ass.
Messiah Of Evil - an under the radar cannibal chiller with some interesting set design, and a bit of Lovecraft thrown in.
Inframan/The Super Inframan - A super cyborg versus Princess Dragon Mom's rubber suited horde of mutants.
Killer Klowns From Outer Space - The Chiodo Bros. make-up/effects in this one are great. Also a cool theme songs from The Dickies.
Death Race 2000 (of course) - The Paul Bartel/Roger Corman classic. Also doubles as my favorite Sylvester Stallone film.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
weasel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

Oh my gaaa, amazon is showing some of the bestest deals...
If they're of a semi-low video/audio quality, I think that would ADD to the kind of effect I'd want it to have when I pop a DVD in. I've got a full weekend's worth of work picking the set... probably sets to buy. Thankfully the reviews seem to be really detailed for me. It seems like getting duplicates isn't really a problem because you're still getting a great deal.
I appreciate these lists so much, and I'm feeling this mixture of "I love that movie," "I love and hate that movie," and "what the hell IS that movie"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »

WELCOME! TeddyR
my list is: Manos, The Creeping Terror, Creature from the Haunted Sea (MUST SEE!), It Conquered the World, Killers From Space, Death Race 2000, and Plan 9 From Outer Space Thumbup TeddyR
B.U.L.L., INC

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 09:29:20 PM »

Some of my favs . . . . RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, NINJA BACHELOR PARTY, THE LOST EMPIRE, DEATHSTALKER II, Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN, PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE, SORORITY BABES IN THE SLIMEBALL BOWL-O-RAMA, THE BLOOD SHED, and my new favorite - an awesome chunk of cinematic badness Ed Wood himself would be proud of:

THE COWBOY KILLER !!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 09:48:34 PM »

I agree with those who mentioned the Mill Creek packs.  A great way to start a collection!  Although you're pretty much limited to public domain/super cheap titles.

We could give you better recommendations if I know exactly what type of movies you were interested in... the really old so-bad-it's-good stuff along the lines of PLAN 9, or the newer, more self-aware stuff like Troma?  Horror, slasher, zombies, sci-fi, bikers, post-apocalyptic, etc. etc.? 

Horror comedies like EVIL DEAD 2, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, DEAD-ALIVE/BRAINDEAD, FRANKENHOOKER, and so on tend to be popular entry points for a lot of people looking to get into b-movies.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »

Ah, thanks for reminding me, RC.  I also have Bubba Hotep.  Forgot that one.
.DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973) Loonies take over the nut house!
Two more good ones that I also have.
And I know you can get Don't Look In The Basement in the Mill Creek Drive-In Movie 50 Pack.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
weasel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »

Um. Yes is the answer?
Actually, part of this is that I kinda wanna see who I am so you scared me just now.

When people ask me my favorite movie, the answer is always Plan 9.
Truth is I don't want movies that don't have good entertainment value. So-bad-it's-good is always a plus, the kinda movies I can be proud to show people. But a cheap boxset, I can be all LOOK AT THAT.
I often get excited when I come across a famously bad movie, and then watch it and get mad that the movie was so bad.
I end up being prouder of having Cyxork7 and Eraserhead and Forbidden Zone... But damn do I love Return of the Dead.
I was born and raised a Trekkie, and I bleed sci fi but I think I WANT to be into horror. I love good horror and independent film. Which basically just comes in the category of independent horror, doesn't it?
I think my genre would follow more under cult than just a BAD MOVIE.
But of all the online communities I have chosen this one, and I know I chose right and you can never make me leave.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 04:26:40 AM »

Well-welcome home,brother!  Cheers

Sci-fi?

ROBOT MONSTER

Small | Large

the BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE

Small | Large

The BRAIN FROM PLANET AROS!

Small | Large

time to make a samwich!

Small | Large

OCTAMAN!!!!

Small | Large

EQUINOX!!!!! (well...this aint sci fi...or is it? IT COULD HAPPEN-MAYBE TO YOU!!!!  Buggedout)

Small | Large

HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS!!!!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 01:02:49 PM »

I forgot "Savage Streets"!  Now that's fun garbage!

Buggedout Oh, how could I forget my love Linda Blair (plus Linnea). If you had any idea how much that DVD cost me..... deary, deary me-hee...  Lookingup

Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:26:39 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

venomx
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

Oh wow. I strut around playing like the expert, and I only recognized two of those titles. I hate myself.

Welcome Weasel. Yup that's why I love this place, it's amazing how many movie buffs are here.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »

Um. Yes is the answer?
Actually, part of this is that I kinda wanna see who I am so you scared me just now.

When people ask me my favorite movie, the answer is always Plan 9.
Truth is I don't want movies that don't have good entertainment value. So-bad-it's-good is always a plus, the kinda movies I can be proud to show people. But a cheap boxset, I can be all LOOK AT THAT.
I often get excited when I come across a famously bad movie, and then watch it and get mad that the movie was so bad.
I end up being prouder of having Cyxork7 and Eraserhead and Forbidden Zone... But damn do I love Return of the Dead.
I was born and raised a Trekkie, and I bleed sci fi but I think I WANT to be into horror. I love good horror and independent film. Which basically just comes in the category of independent horror, doesn't it?
I think my genre would follow more under cult than just a BAD MOVIE.
But of all the online communities I have chosen this one, and I know I chose right and you can never make me leave.
If you want a box set that is full of stinkburgers then get the Decrepit Crypt of Nightmares 50 pack by Mills Creek and Pendulum Pictures. The set has grand titles like Blood Sucking Babes From Burbank, Suburban Sasquatch, and a board favorite (sarcasm on) Scarlett Fry's Junkfood Horrorfest. (sarcasm off)

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »

Rather than add to the list, I'll second a few others have mentioned:

"Streets Of Fire"
"They Live"
THX 1138 (1971)
The Wicker Man (1973)
Death Race 2000 (1975)
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
PINK FLAMINGOS
BURIAL GROUND:NIGHTS OF TERROR
BLOOD FREAK
Ice Pirates
Plan 9 From Outer Space
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
SORORITY BABES IN THE SLIMEBALL BOWL-O-RAMA
EVIL DEAD 2
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
DEAD-ALIVE/BRAINDEAD
FRANKENHOOKER
ROBOT MONSTER

I'm not saying the ones that have been mentioned that I didn't second aren't good, most of them I have not seen, but these I personally confirm as good b-flicks.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47:12 AM »

CARNIVAL OF SOULS Here's a sleazy, kind of misleading trailer:
Small | Large

REEFER MADNESS
Small | Large

THE NIGHT STALKER 
Small | Large

DEAD OF NIGHT (aka DEATHDREAM)
Small | Large

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD 
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »

Some ideas based off that description: PHANTASM, CARNIVAL OF SOULS, METROPOLIS, NOSFERATU, EYES WITHOUT A FACE, DON'T LOOK NOW, SILENT HILL, PI, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, CUBE, DONNIE DARKO... mostly not "bad" films, but original, independent cult horror/sci-fi.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
weasel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 01:00:47 PM »

Lol Rev I have most of those which you listed to me. You are my bestest friend. I have a feeling my standard is going to be based on just how unusual a watch something is. But I'm definitely going to get a Mill Creek boxset and never look back. It's kinda a question of... you know, am I going to stop at the well-known ones like Reefer Madness and Killer Clowns, or am I going to really go full craptastic...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The B-sentials « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.