Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:18:42 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Earth-like Planet Discovered? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Earth-like Planet Discovered?  (Read 3988 times)
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« on: September 17, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »

Scientists have found a planet outside our solar system which may be capable of supporting life. There is still a lot of unknowns and a lot of guess work in it right now. Also it is very possible that when further research is done, it will be proven to be inhospitable. However the discovery has scientists excited because the feel it is a step forward in proving life exist somewhere other than Earth.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268230,00.html

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »

I feel we are just a drop of water in the universe so it will be interesting to see what is out there. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 06:15:31 AM »

I'm always fascinated by this stuff.  It will probably be way past out lifetimes before they actually discover life on another planet, I guess we'll have to satisfy ourselves with investigating Europa  TeddyR  And there's a spaceship on its way to Pluto, which should arrive in 2015.  Not that there's any possibility of finding life there, but I find it incredibly interesting just to see what it looks like.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:38:15 AM »

Space is so vast and cannot be truly measured, so I've always been under the impression that there are many planets supporting life in many other solar systems. It's just that all these places exist in seperate galaxies and worm holes that our technology isn't ready to travel through.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 06:49:19 AM »

Well if you think about it, how much of our planet is techincally "undiscovered".    Especially parts of the ocean.

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:09:36 AM »

Well if you think about it, how much of our planet is techincally "undiscovered".    Especially parts of the ocean.

Oh yeah. It's totally freaky down there. They've still got another couple thousand depths to try an get down to. I bet something real big is living deep, down in the dark....

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »

Oh yeah. It's totally freaky down there. They've still got another couple thousand depths to try an get down to. I bet something real big is living deep, down in the dark....

DarkSider's Realm

WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:29:09 AM »

Oh, R'lyeh?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »

I do feel it is worth mentioning they're just referring to places that could support what we know as life.  Who is to say there aren't forms of life that evolved inside of a gas giant?  We just don't know.  But, of course, we have no way of looking for those types of life, since we've never seen them.  So, we just look for our own.

Just remember that just because Earth life couldn't live somewhere doesn't mean OTHER life couldn't live there. 

Food for thought.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Earth-like Planet Discovered? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.