Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:59:32 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  For those people who were glasses do 3d movie annoy you « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: For those people who were glasses do 3d movie annoy you  (Read 5043 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 19, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »

There seems to be a big craze no in movies about making everything 3d, which sucks for me because wearing another pair of glasses over my own suck. It throws off the whole 3d effect and just gets plane annoying. This doesn't mean I dislike a good 3d movie but with this recent 3d craze im finding it annoying to have to watch all these films wearing glasses.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Skull
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 11:02:43 AM »

Im failing to understand this 3d craze... 3d has been around since the 1950's (I could think of House of Wax from the top of my head but Im not sure if its the first 3d movie)

I also wear glasses but I never seemed to have  a problem with 3d...

I do remember seeing Revenge of the Creature (might be the only time too) on Son of Svengoolie wearing 3D glasses and I didnt recall having any problems seeing the fish floating in 3d.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »

I wear glasses too and for the most part have no problem seeing 3-D. I think the current craze is just that a gimmick that filmmakers have resorted to to get people into theaters. With the way Hollywood has been losing money they have to make it worthwhile or different than home viewing. The 3-D films I have seen in IMAX are impressive, and once Avatar comes out we'll see for sure if this is a resurgent fad or the future of the medium.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »

I wear my sunglasses at night.  TeddyR

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

I found that I can usually wear the 3D glasses with my regular eyeglasses with little difficulty. Granted I am enjoying the revival of the whole 3D craze. I was born too late to catch it when it was hugely popular and the new films using it are fun to watch. Besides, we might get a whole new batch of bad movies to enjoy out of it.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:18:08 PM »

Besides, we might get a whole new batch of bad movies to enjoy out of it.

I sure hope so.   Wink
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »

Signs point to it not being a fad, or if it is a fad, a rather long lasting one.  The big change are the increasing number of digitally projected cinemas and digitally shot movies - both of which make it far easier to create and show 3D films. 

Practically all new CG films coming out are in 3D, and increasing numbers of live action films.  Don't expect a slowdown in 3D for at least 4 or 5 years.
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »

No.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »

I haven't seen any of the new 3-D films, but I went to the "Terminator" ride at Universal Studios, Orlando maybe 8 years ago. I've got to tell you, the effect was way, way more impressive than the old 50's 3-D stuff. Monsters coming so far out of the screen they're in the seat in front of you, things like that. And I wore the glasses over my regular glasses with no problem. They weren't colored, so I think they do it with polarized light or something.

If that's how well the latest movies are doing the effect, I think it's well worth checking out.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »

I've Seen A Couple Of 3-D Movies

FRIDAY THE 13TH Part 3 In 3-D
HOUSE OF WAX (1953)
MONSTERS VS ALIENS

I Never Watched One With 3-D Glasses Though
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »

I have both glasses and contact lenses . . . so I usually wear the contacts when I watch 3-D movies.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »

why is it that people do not realize that the new 3d is not that nauseating anaglyphic crap? it is leaps and bound above that and does not work entirely the same way, not to mention it looks phenomenal. i personally dig 3d quite a bit, it certainly doesn't take away from the movie experience but rather submerses you in it. if it distracts you from the acting, plot or filmmaking then sorry you have ADD.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »

I do not have ADD, and personally I disagree with you only to the extent that...Ooooh, shiny red ball!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »

why is it that people do not realize that the new 3d is not that nauseating anaglyphic crap? it is leaps and bound above that and does not work entirely the same way, not to mention it looks phenomenal. i personally dig 3d quite a bit, it certainly doesn't take away from the movie experience but rather submerses you in it. if it distracts you from the acting, plot or filmmaking then sorry you have ADD.

Personally, I find it a little distracting because the 3D effect apparently doesn't work as well for me as others.  Whenever there is a lot of motion in a 3D scene, the effect constantly looks like it is breaking up (think of glitches in a polygonal computer game).  It helps if I sit further from the screen, but it is always there.  

I still see some films in 3D though, as I enjoy it enough at times anyway.
Justin
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

I was never really a fan of 3-D to begin with & since I've had glasses ever since I was 6, It is difficult for me to try to watch 3-D.
So, I just skip 'em & try to watch them in regular 2-D.

That's what I did with THE FINAL DESTINATION & as disappointed as I was with the bad CGI (which was obviously used especially for 3-D), I guess its my loss.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  For those people who were glasses do 3d movie annoy you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.