Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:59:56 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  do you believe in bigfoot, lochness or any other monsters? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: do you believe in bigfoot, lochness or any other monsters?  (Read 3427 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 20, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »

anybody believe in any of these "monsters"? i dont actually believe in them, but i dont dis-believe in them either. i guess i want to believe, or atleast hope they exist.  every time this comes up in a conversation it seems like someone becomes an expert. "they cant exist because......". most people dont believe in them, i can understand why. first of all, weve never found one, its just people claiming they saw something. you cant deny the evidence thats out there though, all that video and things that experts just cant explain. opinions?

exterminate all rational thought.....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »

I believed they existed (nessie and bigfoot), wasn't anything to say they couldn't exist. But I think they're all dead now.

There's many parts of this world that are unexplored and possibly creatures that will never be found, even their remains. So who knows?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:31:42 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »

I WANT to believe in them so stinkin' bad!!!

But it looks as if Loch Ness does not have enough fish to support any kind of large predator.  And as far as Bigfoot goes, I can believe that no one has bagged a live one yet . . . but we would have a skull by now.  Even if it was a relatively small population of hairy hominids, some bulldozer in the Pacific Northwest would have turned up a skeleton or part of one.

Now, as for Lake Champlain . . . . there's something there.  I really believe it.  Habitat's perfect, lots of sightings, and they seem to follow a fairly predictable pattern.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »

I'll get behind Champlain as well, along with the Orang Pendek, a Bigfoot-like creature (only significantly smaller) sighted in Borneo. 

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »

I say why not although I will openly admit if they were found, there'd be absolutely nothing to be excited about anymore. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »

I do, but that's because there's a huge, one-eyed monster living in my pants.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:18:15 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »

I USE to believe in the Loch Ness Monster.  I don't anymore.  I've seen too much evidence that says it doesn't exist to say it's there. 

Still, I have hope there are cryptids in the world.  I'd love to be able to see one. 

Flying monsters, like the Jersey Devil, and the thunderbird would be seen more oftern, so not a lot of  possibility there.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »

Do I believe in Nessie, Bigfoot, Chessie, elves, and fiends that live under beds? Of course not. But they're real.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:06 AM »

I'm pretty much a skeptic when it comes to anything.  I tend not to believe without hard evidence.  As much as I want to believe, logic tells me no. 
hellbilly
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 02:41:26 AM »

When I was four or five years old we were living in Vernon and our family would celebrate 4th of July at some big lake surrounded by woods.
One time we heard this very loud and long scream. It was so loud I remember covering both ears with my hands. The scream did not sound human and scared everyone to death. Shortly after we heard like something big was moving in the nearby woods. I remember seeing a tall dark hairy figure walking among trees accompanied with the loud sound of branches ripping and breaking. After that all hell broke loose! The adults started packing in a rush and we took off in our cars in no time. There was another scream when we drove off and we siblings started crying. I remember my parents turning their heads all the time to see if "it" was following and my mother was in hysterics, yelling at my father to drive faster.

We still talk about this incident these days. My parents both remember seeing an ape-like "humanoid" with long dark hair. They never referred to it as "bigfoot," they say "the big hairy thing that ruined our BBQ,"  TeddyR

So yeah, I'm a believer. I believe in such things as bigfoot.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:39 AM »

Of course Bigfoot exists!
He's right here in this video.

Small | Large

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »

I don't believe in any of these things.  Plenty of people have tried to prove their existence (especially during the 1970s when there were dozens of movies, books, magazine articles, and television specials covering these topics).  However, no one has produced any solid evidence yet. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »

I do believe there is something for sure in Lake Champlain and I am not one hundred precent sure about Loch Ness (There might be something, but there might not).  I do believe in Bigfoot.

As for other monsters, like Thunderbirds and such, who knows.  It is possible they do exist or have existed at one point, but I am not too sure about those types.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 08:03:55 AM »

I don't know for sure, but these things are a lot of fun to speculate about.  There are still things in the world that have gone undiscovered, so as Mr. Spock says "There are always possibilities"

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

I do, but that's because there's a huge, one-eyed monster living in my pants.
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Your turning into a regular Menard latley!  BounceGiggle

I don't think theirs a Nessie. Maybe once.
As for Bigfoot-again-mebbe ages ago-before the whiteman came here.
Yeti-I think that's possible-the Himalays in Tibet-big unexplored area.
I heard about large reptiles being spotted in remote swamps of Africa-intriguing.
I saw a program about petrodactyls in New Guinea or someplace-I suppose lots of things are possble. The world is a fascinating place. I hope someday I can travel someplace like New Guinea or the or the Andes mountains.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  do you believe in bigfoot, lochness or any other monsters? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.