Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:48:02 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies You Wish You Saw In The Theater « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies You Wish You Saw In The Theater  (Read 7678 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: September 20, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »

Ever watch a movie after the fact, or perhaps past the time you could have viewed it based on your age, and wished you could have seen it on the big screen. 

I think my top choice would be Jurassic Park.  Simply for this scene;
Small | Large

Just to hear T-Rex's growls in blasting sound would rock.  I feel I missed out on the full experience of the film by not seeing it in the theater.

How about you, any regrets?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »

Rocky Horror Picture Show back in the late 70s to early 80s.  The showings now have gotten a little Thumbdown.

Also Picnic at Hanging Rock, just to see what Peter Weir took out of the DVD cut.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:25:03 PM »

Don't feel bad, I never got to see Jurassic Park in the theater either.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of them, I think the Lord of the Rings films would be cool to see on the big screen.
Never saw 'em until they came out on DVD.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »

Grindhouse Bluesad

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
dean

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 08:05:56 AM »

I'm sure I have some that I regret, but none come to mind right away.

But speaking of Jurassic Park: A friend is part of a film crew who are raising money to fund their film, and as such we are all going to see a special screening of Jurassic Park on the big screen.  Awesome!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »

Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Robocop and Heat.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

* A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

* DELIVERANCE

* THE FRENCH CONNECTION

* TAXI DRIVER

* SHAFT (and many other blaxploitation movies)

* DOG DAY AFTERNOON

* SERPICO

* SCHINDLER'S LIST

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »

Blade Runner

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
voltron

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »

Return Of The Living Dead
Dawn Of The Dead (original, natch....)
Demons
Deep Red
Evil Dead

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:44:08 AM »

I wish I could have seen every film in a theater. The size of the screen, combined with the fact that people are dedicated to watching a film put in front of them when they enter the dark cave of the theater... Plato would be proud. Also a good audience adds so much to a film.

Two examples: I had the pleasure of seeing 2001: A Space Odyssey in a theater, and it was almost an entirely different movie from watching it on television.

Also, I wish I could have seen Braveheart in a theater in Scotland.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:21:45 AM »

Oh I forgot Jaws! I bet that would've been a fantastic experience.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 06:32:19 AM »

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »

I saw JAWS in the theater.  It was definitely a "top 5" theatrical experience.  Here are my best theatrical experiences:

* ROCKY - Amazing.  I don't think any movie will top this.  The theater was sold out . . . you could feel the electricity in the air . . . and when Rocky fought Apollo at the end, everyone was on their feet yelling and cheering and clapping like they were at a live boxing match.  Exhilirating.

* STAR WARS - I'm not a huge fan, but the theatrical experience was awesome.  Sort of like ROCKY . . . during the attack on the Death Star, the entire theater was cheering.

* JAWS - You could feel the suspense throughout the theater.  Everyone was shrieking together at the scary parts and laughing together at the funny parts . . . it was like a huge room full of friends.

* THE EXORCIST - Saw it at the drive-in, so I'm sure I didn't get the full impact.  But you could hear people in other cars making comments and gasping during various parts of the movie.

* DAWN OF THE DEAD - When this came out, most people weren't accustomed to seeing so much gore in a movie.  It seems pretty mainstream now . . . possibly even tame . . . but back then everyone was talking about how gory it was.  And the audience reaction was great whenever anyone got killed and the blood started to flow.  During the attack by the motorcycle gang at the end, the audience cheered whenever one of the bikers got bitten or torn apart by the zombies.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 02:48:19 PM »

* THE EXORCIST - Saw it at the drive-in, so I'm sure I didn't get the full impact.  But you could hear people in other cars making comments and gasping during various parts of the movie.

I saw The Exorcist in the theatre when they rereleased it a few years back. It was an absolute blast. I'm pretty familiar with it, but seeing in in the theatre was another experience all together. There was a girl in front of me who jumped up throughout the movie whenever there was a scare, and the now infamous "spider walk" scene went over really well with the audience.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

Grindhouse Bluesad
I feel your pain. Bluesad
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies You Wish You Saw In The Theater « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.