Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:45:21 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Terror Beneath the Sea « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terror Beneath the Sea  (Read 20620 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 04, 2009, 09:27:38 AM »

The plot is just a run-of-the-mill story about a mad scientist turning people into water cyborgs, but the characters' overacting and wholly inappropriate reactions make this an unforgettable b-movie.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:51:00 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:09:09 PM »

Wow, that sure is a weird film you found there.  I can't really understand why it would be so good.  Must be one of those films that you have to see to fully understand and appericate.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

This review is the reason that I almost never read Andrew's reviews over breakfast: this morning, I did and I had to perform a Heimlich on myself due to laughing.  TeddyR Thumbup

Virtual karma to Andrew!  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Hoomi
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:06:09 PM »

"Wow. You hit the jackpot!"

"And I'm GOING IN!"

BounceGiggle

How did he deliver that line with such a straight face?

Too funny. I might just have to see if our local video store with all the obscure old movies has this one.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »

The Naval Academy in Annapolis requires that all midshipmen successfully pass Drama 101 / but that none of them pass Drama 102.

There, I finished it for you.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »

Wow, that sure is a weird film you found there.  I can't really understand why it would be so good.  Must be one of those films that you have to see to fully understand and appericate.

It's one of my guilty pleasures.  From what I found online, most other movie reviewers (even those who specialize in b-movies) do not find it as enjoyable a viewing.  However, I have shown it to numerous other people, and all of them thought it was terrific fun.

The Naval Academy in Annapolis requires that all midshipmen successfully pass Drama 101 / but that none of them pass Drama 102.

See - Ken didn't like it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:29:27 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

Au contraire.  I liked it a lot, and that was a big reason why.

Don't know why, but this used to get a lot of airplay here in Chicago when I was growing up.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »

Ya know, the insanity that is Japanese film making is a unique and very special thing.
 TeddyR Take that as you will!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »

"Face it, Tiger. You just hit the jackpot."

This film is badly in need of a steadicam. There are so many shots that zoom in on the characters reactions (and with reactions such as these you can understand why), but every shot is clearly filmed by some guy with a camera walking up to the actor. You can track every step.

In many ways, this was the precursor to The Blair Witch Project.

I wonder what all the acting is like without the dubbing. It reminds me of watching Dario Argento's Shivers. Udo Kier shows up at one point with a clearly dubbed voice, but his lips match, so he must have been phonetically pronouncing all the English.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
George
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »

I've been waiting for for your Atragon review Andrew my man,but it appears that will never happen.
Now I can't say stuff like,the bikini clad Akemi Kita,or compare the gorgeous Tetsuko Kobayashis empress of MU to the equally gorgeous Anne Baxters Olga Queen of Bessarovain Cossacks on Batman,or anything about the good ship Atragon for that matter.

Anyway what is Terror Beneath the Sea?,well I'll tell you.

"It's a world that makes sense!,there hundreds of light years ahead of us!.What we throw away as waste they convert into power!,colossal power that can shatter the Earth to bits!".

So says Dr.Stine,or is it Himmes?,you get the idea,this movie features some of the same cast members from X-From Outer Space,like Dr.Stine,Dr.Burain,and of course our Miss Lisa,who here,is know as Jenny.

It seem our friend Dr.Stine,and another guy,Rufus Moore are bent on world domenation,a Milton Bradly game if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway there held up 3000 miles below the sea with other followers creating horrible version of the lagoon creatures to conquer the world.
Our only hope of stopping them rest with venerable action hero Sonny Chiba,Commander Brown,Prof.Howard and our Miss Lisa,if she can quite screamming long enough to do anything else.

This was one of only a few movies done by Toiei,the company that produced Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot!.
This like a few other none monster movies that came from Japan this was pretty good,it's only too bad Miss.Neals acting career didn't last very long.
DarknRahl
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:28:09 AM »

This is currently in my 5 star bad movie folder with such classics as Flash Gordon, Starcrash, Gymkata and Undefeatable. I ordered it from ebay and it arrived whilst I was on holiday and some sod stole it from my letterbox, joke is on them as I doubt they will have the intellect to enjoy this fine piece of cinema gold. I ordered it again and boy was it worth it. This movie is hysterical in parts, the facials, stupidity of the players, crappy fight scenes and highly amusing cyborg controls.

This is a true gem as far as 'so bad it is funny' films go. I would recommend this to anyone, that final scene before the elevator was absurd.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »

I've been waiting for for your Atragon review Andrew my man,but it appears that will never happen.
Now I can't say stuff like,the bikini clad Akemi Kita,or compare the gorgeous Tetsuko Kobayashis empress of MU to the equally gorgeous Anne Baxters Olga Queen of Bessarovain Cossacks on Batman,or anything about the good ship Atragon for that matter.

Patience, dear sir!  I am in this for the long haul, and "Atragon" is going to be reviewed some day.  I am 36, so I should have at least another 30 years of life before more.  Lots of time to write reviews!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
George
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »

Okay Andrew,I always check in to see if Atragon's on the site,I can wait.
But I'm getting up in years too,things aren't like they used to be,movies like Atragon and Terror Beneath the Sea take me back to the good old days when UHF TV was worth watching on Saturdays.

Yup back then we did "Hit the Jackpot",only thing instead of keeping it "Going in,and on",it eventually went out and dissappeared forever,except if you stated getting these movies on DVD,which I did.
Furious_George
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »

Does sonny chiba use martial arts against the cyborgs? That would be awesome!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Terror Beneath the Sea « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.