Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:25:58 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This Entire Forum... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: This Entire Forum...  (Read 8189 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: October 04, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

You know, despite a lot of our differences and how we don't always see eye to eye on things, our little community here on the forums is a rather pleasant place.  I have been all over the Internet and I have been reading comments on topics and looking at forums they have.  I must say, there is an extremely large amount of jerks out there.  They'll harrass you if you try to defend something, they'll make death threats against others, they'll make fun of you if you give your opinion, they'll insult whatever the topic is just to be an ass, and tons of other things.

AOL commenters are mostly Obama haters [somehow they always always puts a political spin on any article], racists, and possibly pyschopaths (Once saw a guy who constantly made comments of how funny it was that someone raped and killed a woman in one article); YouTube is stock full of devious little freaks that have nothing better than mock someone(Actually had someone threaten to kill me one time); in almost every popular Wii game's forum on Gamespot you'll see a topic started by a fanboy who will just rant and insulted game without even playing it; IGN has people who will tell you die if you make a logical comment or opinion; and don't even get me started about IMBD.

So, I see this forum and feel happy to be in a place where you aren't looked down upon almost all the time.  Do you understand what I mean?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »

All the reasons you mentioned are why I've been here for almost 10 years.
The people are friendly and anyone who gets out of line is quickly dealt with.  There's no BS here like you'll find on alot of other forums.

Sure, there is the occasional dispute here on the board, but if it goes too far the thread gets locked and the warring parties are encouraged to talk it out via PM or just drop the matter altogether.

I've never seen any other board that lives in harmony (mostly) like this one does.   Smile

SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »

I agree.  I've been a user of the IMDb boards for the past 2 years, and I have to say.  I like this site a LOT better.  I've been reading some of the small religious/political arguments that have happened here, and they seem to just faze out and the participants kinda forget about them.

I have been going on different forums since I was 12 (I'm 16 now), and this is probably the best one I have ever been on.   Cheers
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:49:25 PM »

Oh screw off, your opinion about this forum sucks. 

Just kidding... TeddyR I agree we're all mature here and trolls get smashed down upon hard. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »

Yeah, this is pretty much the best forum anywhere on the internet.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
venomx
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

I agree, best forum on the internet. Thumbup
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »

Yeah I also agree, best Forum I've ever been on, everyone seems really nice and FUNNY. I always get good laughs here. Cheers

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

It is possible for principled people to discuss their differences without being ugly.  This place demonstrates that every day.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »

I have been going on different forums since I was 12 (I'm 16 now), and this is probably the best one I have ever been on.   Cheers
[/quote]

i know i am new, but there are prob. people that have been on this board longer than he has been alive.  depressing.

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:07:11 AM »

Smile I have 100% proof that this is the best forum anywhere - when my Dad passed last year, the members here carried me through.

I am proud to be a part of this community but I don't consider the other members just my friends, they are my family. Yes, all of you.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
hellbilly
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »

I would agree but the lack of Halloween spirit here is kind of scary compared to other sites  Wink
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 04:41:59 AM »

This is one of a small number of forums where people are civil to each other. Only other two are a couple of forums that are off shoots from when SciFi had their Caption This! page for MST3K. Beyond that, I have yet to find a civil forum on the net.
Oh and as far as IMDB is concern, I avoid their forums. Too many wannabe film critics and rabid fanbois post there. And most don't know how to appreciate a bad movie nor find the enjoyment of watching one.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:58 AM »

I LOVE YOU GUYS !

Cheers

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:16 AM »

Small | Large

TongueOut

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:11 AM »

I love this place, it's a great group of friends  TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This Entire Forum... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.