Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:50:54 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Things You've Learned From Cartoons « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Things You've Learned From Cartoons  (Read 38534 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »

If you dig a hole straight down, you will pop up in China (where everything is upside down).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »

If you dig a hole straight down, you will pop up in China (where everything is upside down).
And whereas older cartoons are concerned, the residents' teeth will be at least a foot long, their eyes will be shut, and they will bow at least once every second.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 11:13:46 PM »

And whereas older cartoons are concerned, the residents' teeth will be at least a foot long, their eyes will be shut, and they will bow at least once every second.

Don't forget the yellow skin, long braid and coolie hat.

The other interesting thing about a hole through the earth, is that you will fall all the way through. When, and only when, you emerge on the other side and everything around you flips right side up, does gravity pull you the other way. This usually only lasts long enough to take you back home. Oh, and chances are you'll pass a guy with horns and a pitchfork along the way.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »

This doesn't just apply to cartoons . . . Mickey Rooney was made up like this in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
retrorussell

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

This doesn't just apply to cartoons . . . Mickey Rooney was made up like this in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S!

Miss Gorightry!  You make-a too much noise!
God, I hated that movie.  Not just for his blatantly stereotyped performance, but the movie as a whole was just stupid IMO.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »

Miss Gorightry!  You make-a too much noise!
God, I hated that movie.  Not just for his blatantly stereotyped performance, but the movie as a whole was just stupid IMO.

Wow . . . this is one of my favorite movies.  Not Top 10 or anything, but at least Top 50.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »

Italians say picnic as dicnic

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

If I learned anything is that most people are indestructible to just about anything.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
retrorussell

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »

[/quote]

Wow . . . this is one of my favorite movies.  Not Top 10 or anything, but at least Top 50.

[/quote]

Really??  I guess I mostly didn't like it because Holly Golightly was such a complete dips**t in the movie, and towards the end George Peppard became just as stupid. 
There are definitely some films considered classics that I just didn't like.  That one, and Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf I just couldn't stand.

Flu-Bird
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »

Prehistoric dinasours and birds and be used as transport and tools,pigeons and sparrows are rivals,to make your car stop or go use your feet,mad scientists want to rule the world,cheaters never win,Richie Richs house is so big they have a long distence operator to rach the other end,Pigeons can fly and blow bugles at the same time,Your wrecked car gets fixed realy quick
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 02:58:59 PM »

I've learned that getting shot point blank in the face doesn't kill you or put a hole in your head, it simply causes your face to be blackened temporarily.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flu-Bird
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »

Condors dont like being shot at,Theres a difference between eating and consuming,Lovebirds can be realy romantic,If you press a button your space car folds into a briefcase,A rock & roll group can have three guitar players but no drummer,
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »

If you throw your six shooter in the air it will land in the holster and shoot you in the foot,You can drive your car through a hotel lobby up the stairs If you wack a crytsal alien on the head it will break into little bitties peices,You dont do anything it little space kiddets,A boulder can land on your head with no harm,
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 03:12:20 AM »

You can stand in midair as long as you think there's something under you.

Rabbits are six feet tall on their hind feet.

Anvils are an extremely common item, that require moderate effort to lift and will give you a nasty bump if they land on you.

Actually, I watched cartoons for years before I even knew what an anvil was. I saw one in a machine shop when I was 7 or 8 and all was revealed. Eureka. That's what it's for. It is interesting when you look at those old cartoons and realize they were made in a time when most of the kids understood references to things like blacksmithing and farming. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of adults out there today who only know an anvil as an oddly shaped heavy thing that cartoon characters drop on each other.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2010, 12:45:37 AM »

99% of the time villains just look cooler

Being ambitious tends to make you evil

If a villain threatens you or your loved ones, relax; the villain is probably incompetent and if things actually start to get serious a hero will swoop and save you

It's okay to be different as long as you never question the overall opinions and methods of the group

You can run off a cliff and continue running several feet in the air (horizontally) until you notice that you're not on a solid surface anymore.

There was a period in time when it was illegal for anthropomorphic animals to not wear white gloves.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Things You've Learned From Cartoons « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.