Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:53:54 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  old horror movie about a doll « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: old horror movie about a doll  (Read 131315 times)
vicki
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »

i have een looking for it to and i just found it, its trilogy of terror: living doll with karen black
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »

Put this one to bed already.

Small | Large
Leatherface
New Visitor

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:31 PM »

I can remember seeing the very same film 'angelmandymom' is talking about and yes the doll was indeed saying chop chop chop in a kind of demonic voice, from what i remember it was shown on tv in the early eighties (atleast here in the uk). I've not yet managed to find the name of the film but intend to keep searching as i would love to see it again. If anyone has any more info or a title please post.
Leatherface
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »

After watching the 'trilogy of terror' clip i'm certain that is not the movie. The doll from the movie that I have in mind was more normal in appearence and did not look like a 'monster' as in 'trilogy of terror'. It was a female doll figure if i remember rightly, and kept saying chop chop chop! I wish i could remember more detail!
mlynn
New Visitor

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »

I know this movie is not part 3 of Trilogy of Terror (Amelia).  This doll was more like a child's native american indian doll.  It had an axe/tomahawk.  I remember something about a guy taking his jeans off too..  lol... TongueOut funny what sticks in your mind!??  This is driving me crazy - someone please help figure this out!!
mlynn
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »

After watching the 'trilogy of terror' clip i'm certain that is not the movie. The doll from the movie that I have in mind was more normal in appearence and did not look like a 'monster' as in 'trilogy of terror'. It was a female doll figure if i remember rightly, and kept saying chop chop chop! I wish i could remember more detail!

Any luck Leatherface?
Melissamailgirl
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 04:56:57 AM »

I remember this movie and have been wanting to know the title for years!! I remember seeing this on tv, and has to be early 80's.  The clip above from trilogy of terror is very similar, but not the movie I'm thinking.  I agree with others have posted, she removes the sash herself because she thinks it's silly that it will come alive.  And I kind of remember the sash saying "do not remove" or something like that, I don't remember a scroll? I defitinely know she throws it in the oven and after she opens it, she becomes possessed or whatever, and then talks to her boyfriend on the phone because he's on his way over to get the gift and she has this evil smile and that's how it ends.  I hope someone can find the actual title of this movie, I'd love to watch it again!!
Melissamailgirl
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 05:00:38 AM »

Oh and doesn't the movie show her actually purchasing the doll? I could be totally wrong, I had to be only 6 or 7 when I saw this.
mlynn
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 05:35:45 AM »

It sounds like whatever movie this was, it was pretty much a copy (rip off?) of the Trilogy of Terror Amelia story.  Wish we could find it.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure the movie you want is the episode CHARLEY BOY from the HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR series: that did in fact involve a voodoo doll which one of the characters used to wreak havoc. Very scary.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »

Maybe that short film "The Dummy"? Or Charles Band's 1977 flick "Crash!" that involves a killer tiki though it doesn't really move, just controls things.
mlynn
New Visitor

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »

Thanks - I looked up Charley Boy, The Dummy and Crash...  none of these are the movie/show I am talking about.  This is kind of frustrating...  In the movie I am thinking of, the statue/doll chops at people with his axe when it comes to life.  And again, it has a more of a doll like face (native american) than Trilogy of Terror doll and there are more characters in the show than just one woman.
mlynn
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »

Also - this show was in colour and the latest date it could be would be 1982, although I am thinking it was late 70's.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:56 PM »

http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/movielists/evil-doll-movie-list/

if it exists, you will probably find it here.
Beyond2012
New Visitor

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

I have a very distinct memory of the attractive Karen Black dealing with a knife wielding fetish doll. Even the dryer incident rings a bell. A search with her name and an evil doll reveals 'Trilogy of Terror' [1975] directed by Dan Curtis. In the US this movie was known as 'Tales of Terror' and 'Terror of the Doll'.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  old horror movie about a doll « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.