Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:24:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Shooting spree at Ft. Hood, Texas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting spree at Ft. Hood, Texas  (Read 9000 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 05, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Google it or turn on Fox, CNN, or MSNBC.  Last report I heard said 9 dead, three shooters.  One dead shooter, one cornered, and one escaped.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:06:41 PM »

Most recent reports now confirm 12 dead, at least 31 others wounded. Among the dead is the shooter and 2 more are in custody as suspects.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

"...the slain suspect has been identified as Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, who they say was an Army mental health professional - an Army psychologist or psychiatrist. It was not known whether he was treating people at the base. ...investigators are trying to determine if Hasan was his birth name, or if he changed his name and converted to Islam at some point in his life. " - from a Yahoo! news article.

WHAT IN THE WORLD???  The whole thing just seems surreal.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

The radio story I was listening to said that the base was having trouble with some of the people there; there had even been some suicides in recent history.  That's why the psychiatrist was called in.  It's almost like something out of a movie.... a bad movie  Wink
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »

A truly terrible incident.

According to the latest news, the shooter survived his injuries and is in custody.

He is in fact an Army psychiatrist and was born in Virginia.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

Bluesad

This is truly a horrifying story ~ my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »

This has the germ premise of a chilling movie: army psychiatrist - in a position to influence the outlook of soldiers about to be sent overseas - and he's not*quite*right himself...given the right paranoid angle, it would fly.

The reality is truly scary enough, though.  Very sad.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 12:56:54 AM »

As soon as I heard the early reports, I began bracing myself for an Arabic name in the middle of it.  Sure enough . . . .

You know, if I were a loyal, patriotic, American (or even pro-Western)  Muslim, I would be MAD AS HELL at these jerks who keep confirming every negative stereotype about Islam!

Yet it seems everytime something, somewhere in the world gets blown up or shot up, there's Muslims in the middle of it, as perpetrators, or victims, or both!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:49:53 AM »

As soon as I heard the early reports, I began bracing myself for an Arabic name in the middle of it.  Sure enough . . . .

You know, if I were a loyal, patriotic, American (or even pro-Western)  Muslim, I would be MAD AS HELL at these jerks who keep confirming every negative stereotype about Islam!

Yet it seems everytime something, somewhere in the world gets blown up or shot up, there's Muslims in the middle of it, as perpetrators, or victims, or both!

Did you also think the same thing after the Binghamton shooting, Geneva County massacre, Carthage nursing home shooting, the Collier Township shooting, Virginia Tech massacre, or any of the other shooting sprees in the past couple years?  As far as I know, those were all committed by either Christians or the non-religious.

Point is, none of the mass killings in the US in recent years have been due to religious beliefs, and there isn't any real indication of that here either.  So, no point to bringing it up.
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »

As soon as I heard the early reports, I began bracing myself for an Arabic name in the middle of it.  Sure enough . . . .

You know, if I were a loyal, patriotic, American (or even pro-Western)  Muslim, I would be MAD AS HELL at these jerks who keep confirming every negative stereotype about Islam!

Did you also think the same thing after the Binghamton shooting, Geneva County massacre, Carthage nursing home shooting, the Collier Township shooting, Virginia Tech massacre, or any of the other shooting sprees in the past couple years?  As far as I know, those were all committed by either Christians or the non-religious.

Point is, none of the mass killings in the US in recent years have been due to religious beliefs, and there isn't any real indication of that here either.  So, no point to bringing it up.

yes! Thank you for saying it. Tons of people have killed in the name of religion( yes, even christians) and yet you never hear that brought up but let a Muslim kill someone and its a stain on Muslims and the religion as a whole.. that's crap.

ETA~ a couple of articles.. http://www.seattlepi.com/attack/43546_chaplains20.shtml Muslims in the U.S. military are as loyal as any, chaplain says  The number of Muslims in the US military could be as high as 14,000 from what I have read.. that means 14,000 of them DID NOT go on a killing spree..

Also in the US military.. http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/nazis-military-im-so-proud-my-skills  Nazis in the military: 'I'm so proud of my kills'
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:16:18 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Shooting spree at Ft. Hood, Texas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.