Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:31:25 PM
714474 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Electra Glide In Blue (1973) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electra Glide In Blue (1973)  (Read 2026 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 05, 2004, 08:47:53 PM »

Electra Glide In Blue (1973) - Great movie and with real nice visuals. Never heard of it till I purchased it last week at Big Lots department store for $2.00 on VHS. Robert Blake stars as a highway patrolman who wants to be a detective. It's kinda like the opposite of EASY RIDER and you can see how the film may have inspired other films like MAD MAX, COLORS, and the TV show CHIPS. Check this one out as you will not be dissappointed. It's a real gem and I still can't believe I never heard of it till recently.

Post Edited (08-05-04 21:28)

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 09:11:09 PM »

One of the great, forgotten movies of the 70s . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Yaddo42
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:43:37 AM »

Glad you liked it. And it was a cute touch having them use an "Easy Rider" poster for target practice. I also liked Blake's Alan Ladd pickup lines with the girls, and his "I'm gonna do for you...." speech.

I didn't want to say too much until you saw it, The first time I saw it, I had never heard of it either, and the ending threw me for a loop, really wasn't expecting it. I figured it was best to let it speak for itself.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 09:40:21 AM »

A box office failure, when it was first released to the theaters, which just goes to show that audiences don't know everything. As this is a very underrated film with a very underrated performace by its star. I am just sorry his life has spiraled down to where it has.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:23:44 PM »

I don' t think I've seen this since it came out back in the 70's. I was over a IMDB reading about it and you know I thought Karen Black was in this for some reason.  Wasn't Jeanine Reily on Hee-Haw?

It  is interesting that the guy who directed it was the group Chicago's  manager and several members of the band  appear in the movie.  This was the only movie he ever directed.

It is a shame that one of the Little Rascal's would end up in such a bad state in life.  I noticed  him in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre a while back playing a little  Mexican kid.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 07:59:08 PM »

The Our Gang comedies all fun and games, as far as I know--Jackie Cooper was robbed of all his earning, Alfalfa ended up murdered over $50, Darla Hood died of hepetitis under mysterious circumstances, Farina went to prison.  Billie "Buckwheat" Thomas ended up a film lab tech, and when introduced during a reunion show received a standing O.
Great ending shot in Electra Glide, pulling away from Blake on the highway.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 10:16:01 AM »

Yes, the Jeannine Riley who appears in this film is the same Jeannine Riley who appeared on "Hee Haw."

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »

First off , I think this post is listed under Bad Movies because it originated here before the Andrew started the new forum and there were not categories on the old one.  This is definitely a Good Movie.

DVR'd  this the other night on TCM's Underground.  This is the first time I've seen it since 1974.

Robert Blake was a really good actor, it's a real shame he got mixed up in the whole murder thing (he was acquitted) and no one will hire him.

Anyway this is a good movie about a lot of mixed up lonely people with an ending that's a real shocker.

There's a lot of good dialogue in it , a lot of it is  in this trailer.

Small | Large

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Electra Glide In Blue (1973) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.