Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:26:23 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual I love Christmas thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The annual I love Christmas thread  (Read 5634 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: November 10, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »

Christmas in Africa is wayyyy different to that overseas ~ no snow, no cold, nothing.

Blistering hot day, spent having a beer or two or ten around the pool or by the beach having a barbecue [braai] by the fire, good food, good friends and family and a good day had by all.

Great is the word for a Christmas and a true African lunch with pap [maize meal porridge: delicious] and meat. All washed down with an ice-cold beer.  Drink Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:14 AM »

Errrmmmm.......problem: one moerse [huge] headache the day after, but its' worth it.  TeddyR

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:09:43 AM »

A little something to get everyone in the mood - I just can't get enough of this stuff  TeddyR

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:36:36 AM »

I love Christmas.  My family and I are already preparing.  Gingerbread to bake (The kids invite some friends over and we make and decorate houses every year.  This year the older ones are making their own 'big' houses.  Should be fun!) Cookies and candies to plan, jams and jellies to finish putting up.  I like to put gift baskets of homemade goodies together for friends and family.  Right now I am browsing cookbooks, looking for special breads to bake and treats to make.  The whipped shortbread is a staple.  And the mulled cider is almost always on. Mmmm.

On the day, no barbecue here: we do  big turkey (usually 25 pounds) with my deadly stuffing.

Yes it is all about sharing the food and the good times.

I have been collecting ornaments for the tree all my life.  We get a seven-foot *real* tree and rearrange the living room furniture for it. I then go nuts encrusting it with individual ornaments, most of which have stories and memories to share.  And then more hot cider and cookies!

But the absolute best part for me is going outside or into the barn in the dark of Christmas Eve and just listening.  The feeling is overpowering: what the word 'awesome' truly means.

OH I hope it snows in time!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:37:42 AM »

Sorry can't join...TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »

May you find joy elsewhere in life.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:43:44 AM »

We're going to make it our project to bring you over to the pro-Christmas side, even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »

On the day, no barbecue here: we do  big turkey (usually 25 pounds) with my deadly stuffing.

Mmm, sounds good: what's in the stuffing?  Smile

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »

Mmm, sounds good: what's in the stuffing?  Smile
Ah: that's a secret!  Wink  But it does include an unhealthy amount of butter.

hellbilly
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »

I love Christmas  TeddyR
It's probably my favorite season. We are already planning our holiday menu and I actually bought two presents last week.
Anyway, heres hoping for lots of snow. We had some decent snowfall last year but not nearly as much as in the good old days. I remember when we were snowed in over the holidays in the late 80s. One blizzard followed by days of non-stop snowing. All the streets were shut down and the snow in our yard was hip-high!  Smile
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 10:54:44 AM »

May you find joy elsewhere in life.
I call that Halloween

We're going to make it our project to bring you over to the pro-Christmas side, even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming  TeddyR
Keep your egg nogg to yourself old buddy.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »

I love Christmas time.  I get to see all my relatives on Christmas day and I often go to a Christmas Party at someone's house.  I also love when TV stations start playing Christmas movies and I get to watch such classics as It's a Wonderful Life.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »

I love Christmas time.  I get to see all my relatives on Christmas day and I often go to a Christmas Party at someone's house.  I also love when TV stations start playing Christmas movies and I get to watch such classics as It's a Wonderful Life.
Then I recommend you watch ABCFamily Channel.  They usually have a "25 Days of Christmas" countdown starting December 1st.  BUT NOT THIS YEAR.  THis year they have a 'Countdown to The 25 Days of Christmas", starting tonight with two Christmas themed movies, and continues all the way through November, all the way through December.

I'm definitely watching.

I pull out my Christmas music cd's and Christmas themed dvd's about a week before Halloween.

As much as I love the Christmas season, so to speak, I kinda dislike the day.  Not due to much stress or anything, but mostly cause by 8PM, I'll be at someone's house for a party, and everyone has a wife/husband/fiancee/boyfriend/girlfriend, and I'm usually stuck somewhere in a corner talking to my grandma while drinking a 12 pack.  Sucks.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »

Love Christmas. What I think I love most of all about it though is family get-togethers...just laughing and loving and sharing the happiness of the time. The Christmas meal, presents and giving is great too though.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »

It's just a great time.  Family, food, and reading the Christmas story out of Luke Ch. 2 before we open gifts . . . Christmas rocks!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual I love Christmas thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.